LSU Shreveport Acceptable List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psipsina

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how their acceptable list works. Its not a traditional waitlist as they continue to accept off of this list untill march 15th when it becomes a traditional waitlist. Does everyone get put on this or do they outright accept some people (as LSU-NOLA does)?? Do they tend to take alot of people off the waitlist? Just curious where I stand. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

psipsina said:
Does anyone know how their acceptable list works. Its not a traditional waitlist as they continue to accept off of this list untill march 15th when it becomes a traditional waitlist. Does everyone get put on this or do they outright accept some people (as LSU-NOLA does)?? Do they tend to take alot of people off the waitlist? Just curious where I stand. Thanks!

I can definitely tell you about this as I am a current 1st year here who was accepted off the list. What I know is that they initially accept the top tier students (scores that is) and then wittle down the list after the deadline where people holding 2 spots must declare their final destination. I myself got accepted off the list the 1st week of May via a phone call from Dr. Kennedy asking if I was stilll interested in coming here. To give some hope I can tell you that several of my classmates got accepted off of the list. The good news; Shreveport does not interview that many people so you are of being accepted off of the waitlist are good compared to NO. The bad news; due to the hurricane I have heard that more people are choosing Shreveport over NO which equals less movement of the list. Just keep your fingers crossed and be patient until May. Another word of advice is to send Dr. Kennedy a form letter expressing your desire to attend here and detailing your achievements since the interview if you have any. This worked for me and others in my class. Good luck and feel free to email me any questions you may have.

What do they look for in choosing interviewees at LSU-S anyway? I receive the polite email updates from them, I've interviewed other places, but still nothing from Shreveport. Do they take higher stats and scores than other schools, or is it something else?
I know I shouldn't try to analyze the mysterious ways of the admissions process, but still... :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also quite familiar with the list at Shreveport. Last year I interviewed in January and was put on the acceptable list. I stayed on it until the first day of this year's class. According to my professors, not many people are kept on the list that long. This year, I was accepted in November without even interviewing again, so I guess my standing was pretty good last year. It seems like they accept a good many people that they interview before Christmas outright. After Christmas, most people that are interviewed are put on the acceptable list. Dr. Kennedy usually makes this clear at the interviews. This year most of my friends that have interviewed have been put on the list. As far as the types of people that Shreveport interviews, it varies just like any other school. I guess it depends on what they are looking for that year. I know people with lower stats but a lot of EC's that have interviewed as well as people with higher stats that haven't. Good luck to all! For those accepted, I look forward to meeting ya'll next year!