You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 LSU - Shreveport
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone know when the next meeting is for March Interviews?
Today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TryptoFan337
Full Member
everyone gets a letter!Also, does anyone know if they only send letters for waitlisted & accepted applicants, or do they send letters to rejected applicants that interviewed too?
D
deleted1194271
does anyone know the average time from interview to decision?
D
deleted1194271
congrats! when did you interview?OOS A, grew up in Shreveport.Thought they said they were going out end of this week/next week so this was a nice surprise. Super stoked, can anyone send me the facebook/groupme?
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
They’ll email you about it most likely! They just made it recentlyOOS A by the way, also let me know please about joining the facebook or groupme!
D
deleted1194271
Does anyone know how to sign up for informed delivery?
Geauxtigers21!
Full Member
Soon before it startsWhen do they usually send the zoom info before interviewing? I never got info on that
TryptoFan337
Full Member
Anyone know when the next meeting is? And when they’ll extend acceptances to WL people? This waiting suckssss.
Does anyone know how the waitlist is ranked ? Does it have ANYTHING to do with interview date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
soontobemed_
Full Member
generally I’ve seen that WL movement begins mid-April until classes beginAnyone know when the next meeting is? And when they’ll extend acceptances to WL people? This waiting suckssss.
TryptoFan337
Full Member
According to the FAQs on the website, it says we’re ranked by GPA, MCAT, personal statement, experiences, etc. I don’t think it has anything to do with interview date. 🙂Does anyone know how the waitlist is ranked ? Does it have ANYTHING to do with interview date?
D
deleted1194271
anyone know the next meeting in april?
Have they finished interviewing ?
I think soHave they finished interviewing ?
There is one this Thursday.anyone know the next meeting in april?
D
deleted1194271
How do you know, if you don’t. Mind me asking?There is one this Thursday.
I work at LSU Health. One of my colleagues asked someone on admissions and told me.How do you know, if you don’t. Mind me asking?
TryptoFan337
Full Member
How many are there people in the group chat currently ?
stella2025
Full Member
There are currently 72 in the Group me and 108 in the Facebook, some of those are current students tho.How many are there people in the group chat currently ?
TryptoFan337
Full Member
Wow still a good bit of spots left if they typically take 150. Maybe they’ll start pulling from the waitlist this Thursday. 🤞There are currently 72 in the Group me and 108 in the Facebook, some of those are current students tho.
soontobemed_
Full Member
if they do, would the decision letter be through mail again?Wow still a good bit of spots left if they typically take 150. Maybe they’ll start pulling from the waitlist this Thursday. 🤞
TryptoFan337
Full Member
I think it’ll be a letter (I wish it was a call or email) lolif they do, would the decision letter be through mail again?
soontobemed_
Full Member
ugh i don’t see why they just wouldn’t do both i’m not even home most of the timeI think it’ll be a letter (I wish it was a call or email) lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know if it includes everyone on WL or just recent interviewI work at LSU Health. One of my colleagues asked someone on admissions and told me.
I’m pretty sure I was either told or read somewhere that they will be ranking everyone on the waitlist then.Do you know if it includes everyone on WL or just recent interview
TryptoFan337
Full Member
better be, this wait is so annoying 😭I’m pretty sure I was either told or read somewhere that they will be ranking everyone on the waitlist then.
TryptoFan337
Full Member
Anyone know stats of people usually taken off the waitlist? or of people taken off in the past?
please_please_please
Full Member
No idea, been waitlisted since October. Last year’s form doesn’t show people getting off till May…
Anyone know stats of people usually taken off the waitlist? or of people taken off in the past?
When I sent an update, they responded to me the same day.Is admissions kind of slow to respond to emails?
TryptoFan337
Full Member
Nothing here. But I think a huge wave of A’s will go out next week! MSAR was updated today, and it shows 60 people got accepted off the waitlist last cycle. And I don’t think the class is even full yet, so praying for all of us to be accepted!Im guessing no updates since last meeting?
Anyone willing to give a Facebook group count update ???
TryptoFan337
Full Member
114Anyone willing to give a Facebook group count update ???
soontobemed_
Full Member
Is the class size 150?
Do u know How many r current students
TryptoFan337
Full Member
It says 5 admins (current students), so like around 109 accepted.Do u know How many r current students
TryptoFan337
Full Member
Emailed admissions to see if the waitlist was ranked and received this:
"The Committee has met for the final time this cycle and the waitlist has been ranked. Letters will be sent out until movement has stopped and we have made our class. This usually continues at least through June and often into the first part of July. Once the class matriculates, we will send everyone remaining on the waitlist a letter informing them that this is not their year in Shreveport. It is impossible for me to predict when you might expect to hear from the Committee."
"The Committee has met for the final time this cycle and the waitlist has been ranked. Letters will be sent out until movement has stopped and we have made our class. This usually continues at least through June and often into the first part of July. Once the class matriculates, we will send everyone remaining on the waitlist a letter informing them that this is not their year in Shreveport. It is impossible for me to predict when you might expect to hear from the Committee."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would you mind asking when they will start sending letters lol
As a follow up email [emoji24] since you already started the conversation
As a follow up email [emoji24] since you already started the conversation
Last edited by a moderator:
soontobemed_
Full Member
you’re appreciated. Guess I’ll be frantically checking my mail in the coming weeks 🥲Emailed admissions to see if the waitlist was ranked and received this:
"The Committee has met for the final time this cycle and the waitlist has been ranked. Letters will be sent out until movement has stopped and we have made our class. This usually continues at least through June and often into the first part of July. Once the class matriculates, we will send everyone remaining on the waitlist a letter informing them that this is not their year in Shreveport. It is impossible for me to predict when you might expect to hear from the Committee."
TryptoFan337
Full Member
I truly and honestly think they’re sending out some letters today!Would you mind asking when they will start sending letters lol
As a follow up email [emoji24] since you already started the conversation
What makes you think this? Have you heard something? I thought they normally waited until after the May 1st date (for accepted applicants to finalize where they will be attending) - but I really really hope you're right and they're sending letters out before then!!I truly and honestly think they’re sending out some letters today!
TryptoFan337
Full Member
Sorry didn't mean to get your hopes (or mine) up, buttt according to the number of people in the Facebook group, the class isn't full. And in the past, they have sent out letters to go out the last week of April/first week of May. I am definitely hoping they send them out sooner than later, and given that they had the meeting last week, I think it's likely they'll send them out today. But who really knowssss. The lack of communication just makes us more stressed ofc.What makes you think this? Have you heard something? I thought they normally waited until after the May 1st date (for accepted applicants to finalize where they will be attending) - but I really really hope you're right and they're sending letters out before then!!