2024-2025 LSU - Shreveport

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2024-2025 LSU - Shreveport Secondary Essay Prompts:
1. Briefly describe the key motivational factor(s) in your decision to apply to LSU Health Shreveport Optional (500 characters)

2. If your State of Legal Residence is not Louisiana, briefly describe what ties you have to LSU Health Shreveport and/or the area. Optional (500 characters)


Good luck to all applying!
Interview Feedback:
 
Last edited:
got an email saying Shreveport received my verified application and will be in touch soon. Does this mean they are screening me before sending a secondary? I’m an OOS but strong ties. I just hope this doesn’t mean I won’t even get a secondary.
 
got an email saying Shreveport received my verified application and will be in touch soon. Does this mean they are screening me before sending a secondary? I’m an OOS but strong ties. I just hope this doesn’t mean I won’t even get a secondary.
This is what I got too. I am also OOS with strong ties. I wouldn't worry, this seems like a mass sent email prior to them sending secondaries.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is what I got too. I am also OOS with strong ties. I wouldn't worry, this seems like a mass sent email prior to them sending secondaries.
yea looks like it. Last year it seems they sent out secondaries around July 10. I believe they do screen OOS though so let's see.
 
I submitted my AMCAS application on July 3rd at 8:59pm and somehow got verified on July 3rd at 9:19pm. However, waiting on Shreveport to tell me they have received my application.
 
I submitted my AMCAS application on July 3rd at 8:59pm and somehow got verified on July 3rd at 9:19pm. However, waiting on Shreveport to tell me they have received my application.
I submitted mine on the 2nd and it was verified 15 minutes later. I am waiting on them to tell me they have received mine as well.
 
This might seem like a silly question. But for the portion of a secondary that asks you to fill in classes that fit their prerequisite requirements, like for biological sciences, should I put ALL of my biology classes? And should I include classes I haven't taken yet?
 
This might seem like a silly question. But for the portion of a secondary that asks you to fill in classes that fit their prerequisite requirements, like for biological sciences, should I put ALL of my biology classes? And should I include classes I haven't taken yet?
yes I put all of them in but i think as long as you meet the amount of hours they require you do not need to mention all of them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 OOS

"Briefly describe the key motivational factor(s) in your decision to apply to LSU Health Shreveport" Optional (500 characters)

"If your State of Legal Residence is not Louisiana, briefly describe what ties you have to LSU Health Shreveport and/or the area." Optional (500 characters)

@wysdoc
 
Has anyone in the Early Decision program received an interview invite yet? I know it is early, but I saw in a Reddit thread that someone got one already this week.
 
Got an email yesterday saying my secondary has been received and my application is under preliminary review.
how long did it take after you submitted? I am worried that they haven't received mine yet. I submitted all three sections but am unsure if I was supposed to do something else
 
how long did it take after you submitted? I am worried that they haven't received mine yet. I submitted all three sections but am unsure if I was supposed to do something else
it took two business days for them to email me about being under preliminary review.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad