2025-2026 LSU - Shreveport

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chilly_md

Full Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2025-2026 LSU Shreveport Secondary Prompts

1. If your State of Legal Residence is not Louisiana, briefly describe what ties you have to LSU Health Shreveport and/or the area. Optional 500 characters

2. PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION ONLY IF YOU ARE A RE-APPLICANT TO LSU HEALTH SHREVEPORT. Since your previous medical school application, what academic, employment, volunteer experiences or other progress have you made that make you a more competitive applicant?Optional 2000 characters


Good luck to all applying!

Interview Feedback:

 
Last edited:
Secondary received.
If your State of Legal Residence is not Louisiana, briefly describe what ties you have to LSU Health Shreveport and/or the area.Optional 500 characters

PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION ONLY IF YOU ARE A RE-APPLICANT TO LSU HEALTH SHREVEPORT. Since your previous medical school application, what academic, employment, volunteer experiences or other progress have you made that make you a more competitive applicant?Optional 2000 characters

are the only questions @chilly_md
 
Secondary received.
If your State of Legal Residence is not Louisiana, briefly describe what ties you have to LSU Health Shreveport and/or the area.Optional 500 characters

PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION ONLY IF YOU ARE A RE-APPLICANT TO LSU HEALTH SHREVEPORT. Since your previous medical school application, what academic, employment, volunteer experiences or other progress have you made that make you a more competitive applicant?Optional 2000 characters

are the only questions @chilly_md
So if I am a Louisiana resident applying for the first time to LSU Health Shreveport is there nothing for me to write?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
after submitting the secondary, are we supposed to get a confirmation email that it was received or wait for them to email us about the app being complete?
 
after submitting the secondary, are we supposed to get a confirmation email that it was received or wait for them to email us about the app being complete?
Yes they should email you saying “Thank you for completing our secondary application. Your file is under preliminary review” etc.!
 
So if I am a Louisiana resident applying for the first time to LSU Health Shreveport is there nothing for me to write?
I am wondering the same thing. I am so confused because I was expecting to write personal essays, and I don't want my application to get thrown out because I had nothing to write. I submitted already, but should I have written something even if the questions don't apply to me?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Under active review 10/22, OOS. I dont have ties so I didn't answer the ties question, unsure if that was a mistake. Not sure what else I can do at this point. I was under review last year on 11/5 and rejected 12/3. I would do anything to move the needle
 
In-state regular decision applicant, submitted secondary application October 6th, under active review Oct 8th. Just got an interview invite today (Oct 22nd), and scheduled to interview Dec 2nd!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who still not has gotten the "under active review" email. I got the file complete on 08/24 but still have not got the "under active review".
 
Under active review 11/13. Complete 8/10. How long after did y’all hear after getting under active review
I think the time varies. The silence is killing me😂. Ive been under active review since 10/15. According to admit and SDN the recent Interview Invites people have reported is one person on 10/14 and another person 11/12. Sooo i guess they aren’t rlly sending out invites right now???
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad