Lsu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theterminator

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone recieved or heard about when LSU-no and lsu-shreve started sending out interviews beside ED?

Members don't see this ad.

you can check your application status on the LSUS site. http://webreadi.com/webreadi/lsuhsc

as far as LSU, all i know is you have to call on Thursdays between 2 - 4, or something crazy like that.

All you guys applying? If I don't get in I'll cry. In addition, if I have to spend 4 years in shreveport I'm gonna be pretty sad...

Members don't see this ad :)
I really do not want to go to shreveport either! It's out in the middle of nowhere!!

I havent heard a word from either of them besides getting a postcard from LSU-NO saying that my application is complete. Who knows....the wait continues. :p

I'm a reapplicant. I'm worried about my app even though the I had met with McCluggage over the summer (LSUNO) and he implied that all I needed to strengthen my app was to get health care experience. He said that my numbers were good.

People (those not applying to med school) don't realize how stressful this process is. I just hate waiting! The waiting makes me think of back up plans to med school like getting a PharmD or something. It's even harder cause I can't stand my engineering job right now even though it pays so well. It's not what I want to do with the rest of my life. I'm so ready to start...the hard work, challenge, etc.....I get pumped just thinking about it!!!

I guess if I were married like you I wouldn't mind going to Shreveport. I would soooo miss my friends in BR and New Orleans!

random logik, how long after you sent in your secondary did they send the postcard to you?

i mailed it on 9/23. i got the card sometime last week....i dont have it with me, so im not sure when it was postmarked.

Medapp03, I think you'll have no problem getting an interview at LSUNO. Being married with a kid is a huge plus in addition to your high GPA. Your MCAT is OK....your score is BALANCED, no 7's so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

I sent my secondary on Sep 16th (as a reapplicant, I didn't have to spend much time on i) and I got the postcard on around Sep 22.

Good luck all!

out of curiousity, for everyone applying to LSUNO what is you guy's stats?

i'm 32N and 3.56

i have a 31P and a 3.94.

Barakutha, are u currently in school right now?

yeah in my senior year, you?

Members don't see this ad :)
YAY!! Just got an interview invite from Shreveport today! :D :D

AWESOME! When did you submit your secondary app for Shreverport? Good luck!

I submitted the secondary on 9/23. I'm sure ya will hearing from them soon too. :)

hey, what is the acceptance rate anyone at both lsu?interview/accepted

roughly 50% get interviews, and of those 35% get accepted

wow, 70% acceptance. So, does interviewing early means full acceptance without being waitlisted?

where did you get 70% acceptance? 35% of 50% is a littel less than 20% acceptance

isn't 35% of 50% equal out to 70%

I'm talking about the acceptance rate from those who have had their interviewed not from the general applicant pool.

yeah sorry for not being clear, about 35% of those interviewed get in