2025-2026 LSU - New Orleans

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chilly_md

Full Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
+1 OOS. There are no required secondary essay questions, just a form to fill out, if someone can double-check and confirm!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted on
When did you submit your application? And do they send any emails lyk that they got your primary application?

I submitted on the first day AMCAS opened. No, just the email for secondaries, where to submit, payment portal and driver's license submission.
 
This is what I saw as well, a little surprised gotta say
Was the previous year's optional question not there? I haven't seen this year's secondary. The question:
(Optional) If you wish, you may attach an essay of reasonable length (500-600 words) using the prompt "your values.”
 
Old LSU grad there from 2021 - I know Im old and my experience there is now dated but please feel free to reach out for any random questions you feel is too awkward or feel too stigmatized to ask as I have no ties there anymore, finished residency, and work Northshore Louisiana in hospital medicine. I did dorm all 4 years on campus at Res Hall, was part of Internal med interest groups, and served as tour guide for the interviewees as well so can answer anything surrounding them. Good luck fam!
 
I'm wondering how everyone else is filling out the "Experiences" part of the Stage 2 questionnaire? Do they want us to repeat everything from the AAMC W&A section? It seems a little silly, especially since it has to be filled in by hand? In a tiny box?
I just repeated my activities that were work/volunteering, and put a quick 1-2 sentence typed summary focused on how I was involved with other individuals like their instructions say! Hopefully that was the right approach
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Could someone post the link to the application portal. I can’t find the link.
The link is in the main e-mail they sent with the subject "Secondary Application" . It's not a link to the portal though, it's the link to the webpage where you can find the link to the portal.
 
i’m gonna have to email them for this portal link because i cannot find it for the life of me…
 
+1 OOS Canadian.

Does anyone know how they screen for out of state? Is it GPA and MCAT based?
Good to see fellow Maple people! LSU's website states that they are not accepting international students this cycle, but MSAR says otherwise for Canadian applicants. I reached out to the admission office about the discrepancy, but haven't heard back yet.
 
Good to see fellow Maple people! LSU's website states that they are not accepting international students this cycle, but MSAR says otherwise for Canadian applicants. I reached out to the admission office about the discrepancy, but haven't heard back yet.
I think we count as part of "out of state" pool, so anyone interviewed and accepted would be from there
 
I just got done uploading documents (secondary form and stage 2 questionnaire), sent a copy of my drivers license, and paid the application fee. I have yet to receive an email regarding completion of the secondary. Is there anything else required from my end? Is there any way of confirming my application has been sent?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got done uploading documents (secondary form and stage 2 questionnaire), sent a copy of my drivers license, and paid the application fee. I have yet to receive an email regarding completion of the secondary. Is there anything else required from my end? Is there any way of confirming my application has been sent?
They send a completion email.
 
I just got done uploading documents (secondary form and stage 2 questionnaire), sent a copy of my drivers license, and paid the application fee. I have yet to receive an email regarding completion of the secondary. Is there anything else required from my end? Is there any way of confirming my application has been sent?
They send a file complete email but it took almost a week for mine.
 
Okay so as long as on the web-admit page it says thank you for uploading documents, I should be clear to move forward with my life? LMAO this is my last secondary so Im hoping I get some form of confirmation soon. I did get a thanks for sending the drivers license, and I have payment confirmation, its just for the documents.
 
Okay so as long as on the web-admit page it says thank you for uploading documents, I should be clear to move forward with my life? LMAO this is my last secondary so Im hoping I get some form of confirmation soon. I did get a thanks for sending the drivers license, and I have payment confirmation, its just for the documents.
Yeah you should be good. They also send an email saying they received your license.
 
hey everyone! i'm an L3 - finishing up our first block and taking our shelf this friday. i posted on the previous 2 years' threads and am back for another year. happy to answer any questions here or in dm! i love it here and love talking about the school 😀
 
In the past few years they have released RD results in the first few days of October. I guess they aren't this year?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad