This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

annaball

Reaction score
Hi getting my first pair of loupes and I pretty much decided on TTL. Due to the limited choice of dealers I have in my country, I have marked down to Zeiss TTL 2.5x, Univet TTL 3.5, Zumax TTL 3.0x and Lumadent TTL 3.5x (to purchase and ship from online instead of contacting local dealer).

Due to magnification+ price point, very interested in lumadent TTL loupes now and really wanna hear from those who had used/ heard good things about lumadent Loupes.

Would greatly appreciate the advice on which is better based on you guys' experience on these. I know most of these might seem remotely unfamiliar with that's why greatly in need of feedback. Thank you in advance !

Members don't see this ad.

I like mine. They were real actively inexpensive and have been trouble free during school. I like the field of view the of the lenses. The light works very well in comparison to my classmates lughts from other companies. The battery lasts quite a while.

I like mine. They were real actively inexpensive and have been trouble free during school. I like the field of view the of the lenses. The light works very well in comparison to my classmates lughts from other companies. The battery lasts quite a while.

Thanks for the reply ! Did u get the 3.5x TTL too ?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I returned my order on 3.5x prismatic lens/sport loupes Lumadent Loupes last year, and ended up going with 3.5x micro's with Designs for Vision. I kept my lumadent light, but the loupes made me personally dizzy. Loupes were new to me back then, and the price was appealing as well. But maybe my head is too big where after wearing them, the area behind my ears were sore and gave me headaches. I did think the field of view with Lumadents were slightly better than the 3.5x for DFV, and were evidently clearer, I just think maybe the frames I picked weren't good for my big head lol.

Back during the vendor fair, I liked the way DFV took my measurements (as it seemed the most accurate/thorough with the device they have you wear). They're robust and I haven't had any issues with them and love mine til now. Plus lots of the older faculty use them & have had them since they were in dental school. So that was my big selling factor.

Also, looking at your other choices, one of my classmates has Univet's TTL loupes, and he swears by them. He said they're super comfortable and light and lenses are clear. I think their only downside is that they're based out of Italy and one of my other classmates that ordered his from them, his loupes got lost/stuck in customs for a good while (about a month). He has them now, but early into spring semester DS1 year he didn't have them. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Thanks
I returned my order on 3.5x prismatic lens/sport loupes Lumadent Loupes last year, and ended up going with 3.5x micro's with Designs for Vision. I kept my lumadent light, but the loupes made me personally dizzy. Loupes were new to me back then, and the price was appealing as well. But maybe my head is too big where after wearing them, the area behind my ears were sore and gave me headaches. I did think the field of view with Lumadents were slightly better than the 3.5x for DFV, and were evidently clearer, I just think maybe the frames I picked weren't good for my big head lol.

Back during the vendor fair, I liked the way DFV took my measurements (as it seemed the most accurate/thorough with the device they have you wear). They're robust and I haven't had any issues with them and love mine til now. Plus lots of the older faculty use them & have had them since they were in dental school. So that was my big selling factor.

Also, looking at your other choices, one of my classmates has Univet's TTL loupes, and he swears by them. He said they're super comfortable and light and lenses are clear. I think their only downside is that they're based out of Italy and one of my other classmates that ordered his from them, his loupes got lost/stuck in customs for a good while (about a month). He has them now, but early into spring semester DS1 year he didn't have them. Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot for the reply! Yeah I am worried about taking measurements by myself if I'm gonna be buying lumadent Loupes online. Searching for local dealers and is now including surgitel into consideration. I'm wondering if I go 4.5x without wearing any loupes prior would that be good.

Another light to consider:

I am not affiliated with them at all, and don’t receive any benefit from you purchasing. I’ve just seen some docs talking about this recently. I guess it’s a dentists company and the light if very reasonably priced

Never heard of zeiss TTL.
At least it’s not on their official catalog.
I got an eyemag pro s though and it’s super clear.

Never heard of zeiss TTL.
At least it’s not on their official catalog.
I got an eyemag pro s though and it’s super clear.
Zeiss has the Z Bino series lens which is TTL.