You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Mad Jack's 4th Year AMA Thread
Started by Mad Jack
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
58 psych/8 IMHow many places did you have to apply to to procure that many interviews?
How did you prepare for applying in two different fields? Did your school or mentor provide you with any advice?
My app was so strong that the community IM programs I applied to were sending me invites before I'd even submitted a personal statement, and I had my letters written in such a way that they would work for either field.
Last edited:
I hope it wasn’t “guts.”Palahniuk statement,
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My god, I knew Samsung's autocorrect was bad, but THAT bad? I'm shocked.I hope it wasn’t “guts.”
My god, I knew Samsung's autocorrect was bad, but THAT bad? I'm shocked.
Now I know you’ve at least typed his name out a few times. Fan?
Actually I am but I just switched from Swype to Samsung three days ago so it is a coincidenceNow I know you’ve at least typed his name out a few times. Fan?
Actually I am but I just switched from Swype to Samsung three days ago so it is a coincidence
Ah. My phone doesn’t have his name in its dictionary so I assumed yours wouldn’t either unless you typed it a few times.
I'm a psych or bust kind of person--tell me every aspect of how I should live my life to attain this.58 psych/8 IM
My app was so strong that the community IM programs I applied to were sending me invites before I'd even submitted a personal statement, and I had my letters written in such a way that they would work for either field.
Jk, kinda, but do you think that having letters that were for both field can be a negative for psych?
I don't think it hurt me. I had one extremely strong psych-focused letter, actually, that I totally forgot about until now. It definitely helped to have that letter, which I swapped out for a generic on my IM apps.I'm a psych or bust kind of person--tell me every aspect of how I should live my life to attain this.
Jk, kinda, but do you think that having letters that were for both field can be a negative for psych?
Do you have any idea how many people apply to two or more specialties? Just curious, doesnt seem to be brought up much on hereI don't think it hurt me. I had one extremely strong psych-focused letter, actually, that I totally forgot about until now. It definitely helped to have that letter, which I swapped out for a generic on my IM apps.
Depends on the specially. NRMP match data shows you approximately how many specialties people apply to, on average.Do you have any idea how many people apply to two or more specialties? Just curious, doesnt seem to be brought up much on here
Well? Good news yesterday? Inquiring minds want to know!
Also, I’m obsessed with Welcome to Night Vale now.
Matched psychiatry!Well? Good news yesterday? Inquiring minds want to know!
Glad you like it! @WildZoo got me hookedAlso, I’m obsessed with Welcome to Night Vale now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! well deservedMatched psychiatry!
Thanks!Congrats! well deserved
Matched psychiatry!
Mazal tov!
Glad you like it! @WildZoo got me hooked
It’s hilarious. Have you read either of their novels?
Ms. MJ read the first one and loved it, I haven't had time to give it a read yetIt’s hilarious. Have you read either of their novels?
Ms. MJ read the first one and loved it, I haven't had time to give it a read yet
Nice. I’m going to check them out when I get a chance.
Have you ever listened to any episodes of Dimension X?
At one of your top choices?? Or will you not know for a while?Matched psychiatry!
They find out on Match Day this Friday.At one of your top choices?? Or will you not know for a while?
Keep us updated @Mad Jack !!!
Nah, I'll give it a shot thoHave you ever listened to any episodes of Dimension X?
Nah, I'll give it a shot tho
You’ll have to try and find it. It’s a sci fi show from the 50s. A lot of the episodes were written by people like Ray Bradbury. They have it on xm radio.
Congrats on being able to wear jeans to work Jack