Made a stupid mistake on my AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bioinformaticism

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My AMCAS got verified today and I was looking over the PDF of the printed application. I noticed that in the family information section I reported my mom's gender as male instead of female. I called AAMC and they said there is nothing I can do. How badly will this hurt me? Should I email the schools that I applied to? I looked over that application 20 times. I can't believe I noticed something this stupid the one time that I can't change it. Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems to me you have jeopardized your entire application and your dreams of becoming a physician. Time to look elsewhere.

I'm trying to decide if this OP is more neurotic or if the person who posted "My VR score too low?" with a 37 overall and a 9 VR is more neurotic.