Marquette news

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wanted this post at the beginning again. Anyone got anything about Marquette latley?

Members don't see this ad.

Talked to Brian
Stated that there were 82 spots filled with deposits, no one has declined there seat as of right now. But there is still May, june and july and August, someone could change there mind.

ANybody heard?

how bout them Flames, in the final leg of the race for lord stanley
Cinderalla has found her shoe, she is just now lookin for her prince charming.
:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
ANything new to report on Marquette?

Way to go Flames, 3-0 over Tampa Bay

hockeydentist said:
ANything new to report on Marquette?

Way to go Flames, 3-0 over Tampa Bay

NOOOO!!!! Let's go LIGHTNING!!!!

1-0

on a 5 on 3 advantage

They work a lot harder than the lightening did in that game, unfortunate. agree, lightening took care of business by scoring when they had the opportunity.

Its 0-0 and its a best of 3. two more wins and your name goes on LORD stanley, I imagine the pace will pick up even more tonight.

cheers
HD

Difference, was Bullin wall for the lightening. Kipper looked shaky, letting in some pretty weird goals. game 7.

any MArquette news??????????????
anybody outstate decline there seat as of june.
thanks again
HD

hockeydentist, just wanted to wish ur team good luck. hopefully tampa bay will finish them off mon. nite. living in fl is awesome, we've got soo many teams that are the best (bucs, marlins, miami heat, lightning, etc) and hopefully i'll get in to UF or NOVA... :confused: good luck getting into marquette, i was going to apply there, but decided against it cuz u cant become a resident after one year. so ur stuck paying non-resident tution for all 4 years. most schools u either become a resident after a year or can become a resident automatically if you buy a house or condo. good luck tho

omar

Let's Go LIGHTNING!!!!! I work at their training facility... and all of us here in tampa are psyched!! Hopefully we will put out those flames and take the cup... and it will be even better b/c game 7 is at home!!!! :luck:

Lord stanley is going home with someone tonight, will it be the tough and hard nosed Flames or can lightening strike twice. Will see boys and girls,it comes down to 3 periods of guts and glory. Good luck both teams, My money is on the FLAMES unless, the Bullin Wall is stellar.

Members don't see this ad :)
We put those flames OUT!!! What a great game... my boys made me proud!!!! :) :D :) :D :) :D ;)

although i'm not a big hockey fan and have no alliance to either team, a hockey team in tampa bay though?? come on. people just go ti games in order to escape the heat. i find it hard to believe that that tampa actually cares about hockey.

Sk8aBull said:
We put those flames OUT!!! What a great game... my boys made me proud!!!! :) :D :) :D :) :D ;)

I bet you dont know the names of at least 10 tampa players. Floridians....yeesh :rolleyes:

agreed bickle, tampa is too trendy of a town for hockey. gucci, dior, prada, etc don't belong in ice arenas.

so um.. about marquette... (hint - no more sports)

Hockey in Florida, how crazy is that right? wrong, Many southern states are now bringing in more fans and more money to teams than the traditional six. Teams all over the place, texas for example has a huge crop of teams, starting from juniors, minor pro, semi pro and then NHL. Florida is heading that directions. Hockey has since been linked to northern states and Canada, people don't realize how hockey is evolving to include southern states that were not traditional hockey beds. Look at California, they produce players as well, they have a huge crop of hockey there as well.

awww... too trendy for hockey? But not too trendy for the Bucs? Or Storm (Arena Football)? All three of those teams have now achieved the highest honor in their sport. I'm not sure bout the Mutiny (soccer) or Devil Rays (eww baseball... the day that they win the world series, hell will freeze over). Anyway, in contrast to what you may believe, Tampa IS a hockey town. Yes, we do have a lot of bandwagoners, but hey, you have to realize how much the lightning used to suck. Then they brought in Tort and they have been practicing more and well, are one of the most technically advanced teams in the NHL. And about ice rinks in florida... I am in Tampa and there are at least 6 different ice rinks within a 45 minute radius from me. There are actaully more ice rinks in florida than there are up north... b/c some of the rinks up there are not open year round. In florida, you can do anything any time of the year... you have a 12 month season down here. Up north, where my friend is from anyways, your season is only 4 months or so. TB Lighting, Florida Marlins, and TB Bucs have all won championships... Florida is the sports capital of the world!! hehe

and to make this Marquette-ish... my uncle teaches in the dental school :D
I would never go to Marquette tho, at least for undergrad... too cold!! I'm a florida girl...

Hook a brother up man, can your uncle do anything for me. no just kiddin, I would want to get into Marquette on my own merrits. I agree with you on TAMPA bay was just the better team that night. Richards by far the surprise of the series, and Off course you have to tip your hat too Nickli the Wall, without him, Tampa would have not gotten anywhere. Hockey is no longer a joke in the south anymore.

Its Hermini granger

not harry potter

Hermione Granger ;)

Anybody know if Marquette does this or not, I am thinkin that I will not likely come of the waitlist, so does anybody know if Marquette will put people who don't come off the waitlist a chance in next years class. Should I call Brian about this??

No they do not give deferred admission. Also said there still has not been any movement on the waitlist. DAMN IT!

bumpin this up to the top. :thumbdown:

If you have sent them the $750 deposit and do not get in, do they send the check back since they have never deposited the checks. Do you need to call and request the check to be sent back to you or do they do it after school starts? Thanks.

I imagine they send back your check, with a void on it.

if you find out let me know.

hockeydentist said:
I imagine they send back your check, with a void on it.

if you find out let me know.

HD

are you from Houston ? Is there a dental school in Houston right ? Did you apply ?

My impressions of texas schools, I think my title pretty much sums up my thoughts of texas schools.

Talk about schools that blatantly chase the numbers. IF your not 3.5 and above and 20 DAT don't even bother, thats even if you are texas resident, outstate, don't even bother as well. :thumbdown:

Mindless rantings of a poor pathetic soul stuck on the waitlist at MUSOD.

Have you heard anything from them??

I called yesterday, said there still no movement on the list. PM if you want.

hey, i applied to marquette for the 2005 cycle... I live in Michigan, have a 3.82 gpa (michigan state u) and 21 DAT. I realize these stats will likely get me interviews at the four schools i applied to, my question though is will being a non-resident of wisconsin ruin my chances of getting in at marquette? how much do they care about residency? because i have heard that at some schools like ohio state and texas schools that even if your stats are good you basically can't get in unless your a resident. secondly, if in fact marquette will seriously consider my application. what kind of scholarships do they offer? thanks :)

You need to change your name to patheticgirl. ARe u that pathetic that you need other people to tell you that your going to get into any school you apply too. ARe you seriously asking me if your going to get into marquette. My god, marquette is just waiting for you to put your application in so they can send you a fat packet with an acceptance letter and oogles of application for scholarships. If I see another person on here with ridicoulous stats such as yours asking people if they have a chance of getting into dental school I am going to puke. Where are my 3.0 and 17 and 18 dat applicants, my compadres, my friends come out from the woodwork. Please I can't stand seeing these horribly, over achieving, I need attention, tell me that I'm going to get in with my 4.0 and 30 DAT. :laugh:
Marquette takes 50 instate and 50 outstate, you're in good shape with marquette.

HD. :D

Good luck BIo GIRL
moral of story, you will get into any school you apply to as long as there is no instate quote such as the ones you mentioned. Call the school your interested in tell them your stats and ask them if you are a good applicant or not.

didn't mean ta make you puke, i just wanted to know if marquette hated on out of staters or anything like that. i don't like it when people ask if they are going to get in or not either, which is why i said i already realize i am going to get interviews at my schools, i was just wondering about any other policies they might have that might screw me since i have heard of such things at other schools.

p.s you sound pretty bitter, chill out would ya, i wasnt asking if i was getting in, i just wanted to hear what you said about 50 50 in state and out of state.

hockeydentist said:
You need to change your name to patheticgirl. ARe u that pathetic that you need other people to tell you that your going to get into any school you apply too. ARe you seriously asking me if your going to get into marquette. My god, marquette is just waiting for you to put your application in so they can send you a fat packet with an acceptance letter and oogles of application for scholarships. If I see another person on here with ridicoulous stats such as yours asking people if they have a chance of getting into dental school I am going to puke. Where are my 3.0 and 17 and 18 dat applicants, my compadres, my friends come out from the woodwork. Please I can't stand seeing these horribly, over achieving, I need attention, tell me that I'm going to get in with my 4.0 and 30 DAT. :laugh:
Marquette takes 50 instate and 50 outstate, you're in good shape with marquette.

HD. :D

Good luck BIo GIRL
moral of story, you will get into any school you apply to as long as there is no instate quote such as the ones you mentioned. Call the school your interested in tell them your stats and ask them if you are a good applicant or not.

I am here hockey...I am more in your category applicant with a 3.0 category and low DAT (low enough that I have retake the d@mn thing!) :oops: . I totally agree with you, it is sickening to see some of these outrageous posts and then asking will they get in. :p

i didn't mean to offend you guys, just thought i could get some friendly advice from people that know more about the school than me, i won't ask next time, thanks for the immediate and harsh bashing.

Thats Mr. Bitter to you, thank you mamm.

No just kiddin, what else do you want to know about Marquette, other than its a jesuit school. There a fickle school in that My friend had a higher DAT score than me 1 point and I had a higher GPA. His was 3.0 and I had a 3.2 I was waitlisted, he was flat out rejected. We both applied at the same time, which was in OCtober, from most people on here that is considered late.

I know they offer scholarships, I think there really small like 2-4 thousand dollars and they only offered in freshman year. I could be wrong.

Again its a private school, so they have no prefrence for oustate or instate residence other than its usually a fifty fifty split.

Cost of living is very cheap but tuition is somewhat expensive, I think I have calculated it out to be around 140,000 and cost of living 60,000 totalling out around 200000, that is conservative effort.

They do not interview, which is nice, if you applied to any other schools. Save's money for you.

The city is really nice, although the accent is somewhat annoying. IF I get accepted, I am really going to have a freaked up accent, what does a canadian half texan and then quarter wiscousin sound like?? All I know is that its gonna sound funny

Thanks again
Biogirl

sincerly the bitter sun of batch of cookies
HD. :thumbup:

Keeps this thread alive, its barely beating,

Just let the bashing roll down your back, there only words, I imagine in a couple of months this bashing will only make you stronger and you will be able to laugh at us 3.0s when your stamping your dental school ticket.

AM I right!

good luck
let me know if you here anything, and who knows we could be in the same class next year or I could be a D-2 and you would be a D-1, I'll introduce my self as the bitter sun of batch of cookies.
:rolleyes:

Adios biogirl
HD

i'll be there too hockey dentist, but with a little higher numbers but still "borderline" by dental school admissions for sure.

So have you applied yet, refresh my memory, you were applying this year or next year? 2005 or 2006?

what schools were you lookin at?

HD

I called Marquette today and was told that there had been no movement as of today on the waiting list. Also, if you do not get in your check for $750 will be sent back to you on the first day of school. :)

hey Yah

Did they indicate if there was gonna be any movement. You would think by now people would have decided whether or not they want to go to Marquette or not?

I beggining to wonder.

HD.

sorry BIOgirl,

i think your chances of getting in anywhere is ZERO. :laugh: :laugh:

just kidding. just relax and enjoy the the ride. you sometimes remind of another applicant with really awesome stats (Jaap) from the last cycle. his DATs were unreal. his gpa was over 6.0 and he still wondered about his acceptances.

i told him that he should sue wichever school that doesn't accept him. lol

HockyDentist
They said their could be movement at anytime from today up until August 24/25 when classes start. Not a very good answer but that's all they would say. I would not think that at this point many people would get in off the waitlist but I guess people could change their minds at the last minute. :oops:

Hey guys, Talked to Marquette the other day, I was told that there was only one person to come of the waitlist (that was for outstate resident) in early January. As of lately there has been no movement at all. There are 80 people still on the waitlist as well.

I'm thinkin I will be reapplying for next year. CRIPES

Talked to one of the people in admission, said there has been movement of this week. 3 people got offers for admission on the waitlist.

damn it!

I wish I was one of those called.

HD

hockeydentist said:
Talked to one of the people in admission, said there has been movement of this week. 3 people got offers for admission on the waitlist.

damn it!

I wish I was one of those called.

HD

Did they tell you where you rank on the list?