Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I also have my interview coming up, was wondering if anyone had any general tips/advice? what was the student panel day like? thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I also have my interview coming up, was wondering if anyone had any general tips/advice? what was the student panel day like? thanks in advance!
Very relaxed interview, at least for me. No crazy curveball questions. Two 15 min sessions with a faculty member. Student panel was very similar to other panels I’ve been a part of, very easy going. Just relax, be yourself, know your app, be articulate, and have fun! Maybe try taking a look at SDN questions if you want more specific advice! You got this!

Very relaxed interview, at least for me. No crazy curveball questions. Two 15 min sessions with a faculty member. Student panel was very similar to other panels I’ve been a part of, very easy going. Just relax, be yourself, know your app, be articulate, and have fun! Maybe try taking a look at SDN questions if you want more specific advice! You got this!
Thank you my friend! Appreciate the advice :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I paid my deposit a couple days ago, I'll see you all at Marquette next fall!

Reactions: 1 user
anyone gotten off the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if Marquette allows students to qualify for in-state tuition after a year?

Is Marquette done sending out interview invitations?

Reactions: 4 users
Is Marquette done sending out interview invitations?
There are two interview dates post-december and the last interview day is this friday. Its also listed on the website; after that, they go off the waitlist.

What is DESP in February?
It's a special program that allows certain incoming D1 from disadvantaged backgrounds get a semi-head start. So they let you take the first semester during 6 weeks before school starts to help transition students into the rigorous schoolwork.

Hey has anyone heard anything since the interviews yet? Had my interview on Friday the 22nd and just wondering if anyone knows there timeline for acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone out of state gotten off the waitlist yet?

I received my DSEP invitation today. I was a late applicant and a December DAT retake

I received my DSEP invitation today. I was a late applicant and a December DAT retake
Hi, congrats! For the DSEP, did you apply to DSEP or did they offer it to you based on your app?

Does anyone know if Marquette takes people off their waitlist? OOS waitlisted 12/15

Does anyone know when we'll find out the color of our scrubs for next year?

Anyone hear anything off the waitlist?
Found this on their school page.

WHAT'S HAPPENING IN ADMISSIONS​

ADMISSIONS OFFICE UPDATES​

The second round of acceptances were sent to candidates in mid-January. Additional offers will be extended over the next few weeks.

The 100 spaces in the class are not yet filled. Formal alternate pools will be built for both resident and non-resident applicants during the later part of February or early March.

Anyone hear anything off the waitlist?
Found this on their school page.

WHAT'S HAPPENING IN ADMISSIONS​

ADMISSIONS OFFICE UPDATES​

The second round of acceptances were sent to candidates in mid-January. Additional offers will be extended over the next few weeks.

The 100 spaces in the class are not yet filled. Formal alternate pools will be built for both resident and non-resident applicants during the later part of February or early March.
OOS waitlist and haven’t heard anything, called today and I think they’re still planning on doing more interviews this Friday

wow really? I thought they're done interviewing
According to their website, the interview on friday is for DESP (someone previously in this thread said that this for disadvantaged students)

Did Marquette give any recent acceptances? Anyone get accepted off the waitlist yet?

I was just offered to be added to the alternate pool today after being waitlisted 02/03. How does the alternate pool differ from the waitlist?

Hello!

I have secured an interview with Marquette dental school, and started doing some research on the school. If anyone has experiences with Marquette, could you share some of your experiences? (School culture/vibes/atmosphere, etc.)

Thanks in advance :)

Hello!

I have secured an interview with Marquette dental school, and started doing some research on the school. If anyone has experiences with Marquette, could you share some of your experiences? (School culture/vibes/atmosphere, etc.)

Thanks in advance :)
when is your interview?

I have just declined my offer at Marquette to attend another school. OOS. Good luck everyone.

Does anyone know if Marquette typically takes people off the waitlist? I haven't seen much movement

Is the class full yet? Currently on the alternate list. OOS

Has Anyone gotten accepted off the alternate list?

Has anyone been accepted from the waitlist yet?

I am withdrawing my seat for Marquette tomorrow (OOS). Wish the best luck for everyone who is waiting!