Marshall University DPT CO 2020 interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tpath11

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here that applied to this program? Hear anything about dates? They said they'd let us know interview dates in late Nov or early Dec.

Members don't see this ad.

I actually received an interview invitation for Marshall on Sunday (11/27) for the interview date of 1/3. It says that I must confirm the date and time by Monday (12/5) so perhaps you will hear after they get an estimate on how many people will be going from the first round of invites?

It says that the interview will consist of an informal Q/A session, a tour of the facilities and time to speak with current students, and then a one-on-one interview with a faculty member. Sounds very laid back!

Reactions: 1 user
now that I looked closer at my emails from that date, I see that my email put it in my spam folder lol it was sent at like 3 AM... wow, I would have missed that completely! I got the same email as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad you found it, haha. Congrats!!

Glad you found it, haha. Congrats!!

If you guys have any questions, let me know. I'm a first year at Marshall and will even be there some of the interview days. I remember having lots of questions last year and I was able to get in contact with current students through SDN. Congrats to both of you on an interview!!

If you guys have any questions, let me know. I'm a first year at Marshall and will even be there some of the interview days. I remember having lots of questions last year and I was able to get in contact with current students through SDN. Congrats to both of you on an interview!!
Hey @bballbit I would love to hear what you think of Marshall...how's the program? how was the interview? are you from WV originally? how invested are the professors?

Hey @bballbit I would love to hear what you think of Marshall...how's the program? how was the interview? are you from WV originally? how invested are the professors?

I really love the program here. There is great unity between all the students. It's fairly inexpensive when comparing to other schools throughout the nation. I'm from Utah and I would have paid the same in state tuition in Utah, as I am paying out of state here. The professors are great. Just like any university, some are better than others, but they all want to see their students succeed. The interview was very laid back. I liked it because I could really show the faculty my true image and character and I didn't have to try to be someone I'm not.

I really love the program here. There is great unity between all the students. It's fairly inexpensive when comparing to other schools throughout the nation. I'm from Utah and I would have paid the same in state tuition in Utah, as I am paying out of state here. The professors are great. Just like any university, some are better than others, but they all want to see their students succeed. The interview was very laid back. I liked it because I could really show the faculty my true image and character and I didn't have to try to be someone I'm not.
So what are my chances of getting in if I got an interview on the first interview date? Do I have a better chance since i'm from WV and attended Marshall for my undergrad? What kinds of questions are asked in the one on one interview portion? How much harder is first year DPT than undergrad?

Awesome. All really good to hear. Glad that both the students and the professors have that unity and "let's all succeed" mindset! I'm from out of state too and was attracted to Marshall because of the affordability of it as well...I'm hoping to see if I can establish in-state residency by my second year (if i get in!) and get that even lower tuition! I'm excited and nervous for the interview but so happy that you said it's laid back. I went to an interview last week and it was so serious and hard to read how I did. Thanks for all the help!!

Awesome. All really good to hear. Glad that both the students and the professors have that unity and "let's all succeed" mindset! I'm from out of state too and was attracted to Marshall because of the affordability of it as well...I'm hoping to see if I can establish in-state residency by my second year (if i get in!) and get that even lower tuition! I'm excited and nervous for the interview but so happy that you said it's laid back. I went to an interview last week and it was so serious and hard to read how I did. Thanks for all the help!!

No problem Like I said the department head has changed, but I'm hoping the interview process will be similar. About in state tuition, as far as I am aware, if you start the program out of state, then you have to be out of state the full 3 years. I'm not sure why this is the case. You can look into it, but I know a lot of people in the program have tried but weren't able to. It's something to do with Marshalls rules or something. It wouldn't hurt to look into it tho.

So what are my chances of getting in if I got an interview on the first interview date? Do I have a better chance since i'm from WV and attended Marshall for my undergrad? What kinds of questions are asked in the one on one interview portion? How much harder is first year DPT than undergrad?

Your chances are probably quite good. Just be confident in the interview and show them who you really are. As far as I know, they don't care whether their students are from wv or another state, so this doesn't play a factor at all. The majority of my class isn't from wv. But it just happened that way. The one on one interview last year was just a review of my application meaning that they reviewed my gpa, gre, and told me if there was any outstanding classes I needed to complete and so on. That was it. So if it's the same this year, be sure to come with some questions to show your interested. There is a new department head this year so interviews may be a little different, but that's how mine was. Just prepare as if it's going to be an intense interview with tough questions, and then if it's not, you will be fine, and if it is, you will be prepared still. That would be my advice. One of our professors always says "preparation is the lubrication to the wheels of success". About your question regarding "how hard is the first year of pt school" well, it's hard. Not much time for anything else. We just got done with 19 credits and will start 18 credits in January. It's a whole new level when compared to undergrad.. it is a doctorate degree, so I think it's really supposed to be hard and test how bad students really want it. That being said,it's do-able. They can't fail out everyone cause that will look bad on the school. It just takes dedication and lots of studying.

Last edited:
I actually received an interview invitation for Marshall on Sunday (11/27) for the interview date of 1/3. It says that I must confirm the date and time by Monday (12/5) so perhaps you will hear after they get an estimate on how many people will be going from the first round of invites?

It says that the interview will consist of an informal Q/A session, a tour of the facilities and time to speak with current students, and then a one-on-one interview with a faculty member. Sounds very laid back!

How did you think your interview at Marshall went? I just had mine on Friday!

How did you think your interview at Marshall went? I just had mine on Friday!
I thought it went really well!! I loved how the staff was doing their best to make sure we all felt comfortable and relaxed. I was surprised with how well they are doing for being a newer program.

I got accepted to Marshall last night! Did anyone else?

Has anyone heard anything since end of January? Really want to be moved off of the wait list, I loved this program!:nailbiting:

Has anyone heard anything since end of January? Really want to be moved off of the wait list, I loved this program!:nailbiting:
I gave up my seat in the class yesterday so hopefully that helps you!