Maryland Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Members don't see this ad :)
I received a secondary application invite on 8/18, submitted it the same day, and haven't received an interview invite yet.
I got the secondary app that day as well. I was looking at last years thread and I saw that most people that received secondaries around mid/late august got interview invites around mid September. Hoping it is a little sooner than that.

Reactions: 1 user
Does Maryland have a supplementary application with essays or is it just a fee? Do you think it's too late to apply now?
I got the secondary app that day as well. I was looking at last years thread and I saw that most people that received secondaries around mid/late august got interview invites around mid September. Hoping it is a little sooner than that.

Should I be worried because I didn’t receive a supplemental app invite? I recovered an email saying that once the application fee was paid and processed that it would be sent to the committee for review.

Does Maryland have a supplementary application with essays or is it just a fee? Do you think it's too late to apply now?
There is a fee when you first submit your application that has to be paid within like 10 days or something. And then later in the process they send you a secondary/supplemental that is just generic questions like where you live/name/family that does not have a fee. Very easy questionnaire and you have to submit a headshot. I don't think it is too late to apply now since they have not sent out any interview invites.

I got a confirmation on 7/28 that they received my application fee but have not received a supplemental from them. When did you pay your application fee?

I got a confirmation on 7/28 that they received my application fee but have not received a supplemental from them. When did you pay your application fee?
I received a confirmation email on 6/30 that my fee was paid but my application was actually completed in late July due to my committee letter. Looking at last year's thread, it looks like they sent the secondary app in batches so it might be a matter of waiting a little longer!

Interview #3
School: UMD
Notification date: 8/30
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/4
Application complete date: 6/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.70, 3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/27, no
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/30
Method of interview: Virtual

Reactions: 5 users
Interview #3
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/4
Application complete date: 6/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.70, 3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/27, no
When did you receive the secondary app?

Anyone else has received the interview invite yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
early june when I submitted my application.

Interview #4
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS mail-out date: Early June
Application complete date: Late June
GPA (science, overall): 3.35, 3.44
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 22/22/22/21, no
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/28

Interview #4
Can I ask when you received and submitted your secondary?

Interview #4
I'm curious as to what the available dates are for the interview besides end of september

Interview #4
Notification date: 9/1
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/30
Application complete date:
GPA (science, overall): 3.6/3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 22/22/22/18, no
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/13

I believe you have to wait a month after your application is completed but good luck to everybody!!

Should I be worried if I haven't received secondary application yet? :( I got the application fee confirmation email on 7/9.

Just got a zoom interview this morning. Did anyone get an in person interview?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Just got a zoom interview this morning. Did anyone get an in person interview?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
Congrats! Can I ask when you submitted your secondary?

Congrats! Can I ask when you submitted your secondary?
I submitted on August 2nd. Try emailing them and asking for an update on your application. That is what I did this On Monday morning and they sent me the email interview invite this morning.

Hi everyone,

I received application/processing fee confirmation email on August 23, 2021. I have not received supplementary questions yet. Has anyone who submitted application close to my date (Aug 23) received the supplemental questions?

Worried because: I have a 15 QR. I am currently reviewing for the DAT again but if I were to receiving secondaries and an interview beforehand (God willing) I am guessing I would not have to retake the DAT. Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I already called admissions about my low QR score. They said it is on a case by case basis.

AA - 20
TS - 22 (Bio 23, Gen Chem 22, OCHem 22)
Reading - 18
PAT - 18
QR - 15 :(
Hi! I paid my supplemental fee sometime during the first week of August. I haven’t received the supplemental questions either! We have similar stats, except I have a 15 in the PAT section instead of QR. Not sure if this helps, but we’re in the same boat! Keeping my fingers crossed for us because I do not want a DAT retake as well.

Hi! I paid my supplemental fee sometime during the first week of August. I haven’t received the supplemental questions either! We have similar stats, except I have a 15 in the PAT section instead of QR. Not sure if this helps, but we’re in the same boat! Keeping my fingers crossed for us because I do not want a DAT retake as well.
From reading this thread, Maryland is sending supplementals in batches. Have you sent admissions an email? I am considering sending them an email about it but I might be worrying prematurely.

From reading this thread, Maryland is sending supplementals in batches. Have you sent admissions an email? I am considering sending them an email about it but I might be worrying prematurely.
Yeah, now that I think of it I may send them an email asking for any updates. Thank you!

is anyone else waiting on the secondary? I submitted everything on the 3rd week of july

I submitted on June 30th and still didnt get it :(

I submitted the second week of July and still haven’t received it. I’m also considering emailing them about an update regarding my app but I feel like it’s still so early in the cycle. Anyone else feel that way?

I submitted the second week of July and still haven’t received it. I’m also considering emailing them about an update regarding my app but I feel like it’s still so early in the cycle. Anyone else feel that way?
I called them this week and asked about the secondary application. They said not to worry and just wait.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anybody know the earliest interview date? Is it in October or September?

I got the secondary application this morning.

I got the secondary application this morning.
Same. I think they may be moving on to those who submitted in July. It seems like the people who received interviews/responses at the end of August and throughout September submitted in June.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone that received the supplemental on 8/18 get an interview invite yet?

Super excited for those who got interview invites from UMBSOD!! I am currently D1 so lmk if you guys have any question about the interview process. For the supplemental, you have to wait. Pls be patient :]

Last year, they received my AADSAS app on June 22. Make sure you guys pay the $90 UMD application fee ASAP so your file can be processed (always keep track of this). You should get the email about application fee on the same day. Receipt email comes ~1-3 days after you paid online. Not too sure about mail.

Then on June 24, my application was processed and forwarded to the Committee on Dental Recruitment/Admissions. DO NOT contact the school about your application process (because if they need something from you, they will contact you instead).

Aug 18 is when I received the electronic secondary app - don't forget to attach a professional photograph to this. So I waited around ~1-2 months to receive this email.

Sept 15 is when I received an interview invite for UMD. Please be patient since it will take time for them to process your application. Last year, the first day to received any admissions letter is on Dec 15! Also, don't forget to send the interviewers thank you letter after your interview :)

Ofc for other dental schools, the timeframe will be different! if you would like to know more info, feel free to send me a PM. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! UMD is a great dental school; you will love it!

Reactions: 11 users
Interview #3
Notification date: 9/21
AADSAS mail-out date: June
Application complete date: July
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any below 17): 26/28/18/no

Interview #4
Notification date: 9/22
AADSAS mail-out date: June
Application complete date: June
GPA (science, overall): 3.90, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any below 17): 25/24/23/no
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/14

For those who have interviewed already, how long is the interview itself? I have an itinerary from 11 AM to four

For those who submitted the secondary application.

Were we supposed to include our photograph before completing 'Step 1' on the actual website. On the Email notice the photo was listed under Step 1, however on the actual website we submit the photo in Step 3? I completed the 5 supplemental sections in step 1 which then ended with sending my supplemental packet, however I did not have the photo uploaded yet. Did I mess up or will admissions pull my photo from my account?

Is the secondary application considered incomplete for instate students who have not yet completed the In-state supplemental packet? Or is this not time sensitive until students receive acceptances.
Send a picture of yourself to the admissions and let them know that you didn't upload your pic. You will be fine! They will attach your pic to your application. When you are sending an email, make sure you write out your full name (and your AADSAS application number).

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #4
Notification date: 9/29
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 6/29
GPA (science, overall): 3.72, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any below 17): 21/23/18/yes QR
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/16