Maryland: Next Round of Acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I want it and I think I should get it because I don't have any other acceptances :smuggrin:.

Why haven't you heard back from BU, NYU or Tufts? That's wierd

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guyss
do u think we gonna hear something this week????????????/
Its March first, I am just hoping we will hear something this week,;):xf:

Hi guyss
do u think we gonna hear something this week????????????/
Its March first, I am just hoping we will hear something this week,;):xf:

Crossing my fingers too. :xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all
School is closed today due to the snow, so dont check your email 300 times today :))))))))

does everyone feel like their interview went really well?

If I get into umd I'll pass up my acceptance to you

That would be awesome...I guess if you get accepted and I don't just call them up and tell them you would like to give it to me...they should be fine with that.

does everyone feel like their interview went really well?

I feel like the interview could not have been better. It seemed like if it was completely up to my interviewer that I would be a shoe in but I'm sure there are many people contributing to that decision. I know my stats are not the best but I think that if you get an interview then they must feel fine about your stats. But yea, as far as the interview goes, I felt it went great.

Anyone have any updates on Maryland acceptances?

Still waitingggg - it's only a matter of time until they send out the next round of acceptances. It seems like it has been a while now since the last batch of acceptances. I wonder what the delay is...

according to a source, we should check AADSAS next tuesday

Members don't see this ad :)
according to a source, we should check AADSAS next tuesday

Did your source indicate if there would be accompanying phone calls?

I interviewed yesterday and they pretty much made it seem like most of us were going to be placed on the wait list. There is still one more interview group left and I believe they are interviewing next week. They gave us a time frame any where from 2 weeks to a couple months. Good Luck!

damn that's wack

I interviewed yesterday and they pretty much made it seem like most of us were going to be placed on the wait list. There is still one more interview group left and I believe they are interviewing next week. They gave us a time frame any where from 2 weeks to a couple months. Good Luck!

i like how they gave the "2 weeks to months" time frame to all of us...and for some ppl its been over 2 weeks for sure haha. blahhhh hate this waiting game!

The jeopardy theme song has been playing in my head since January 21st now.... :(

Keep your hopes up fellas. There are, in fact, seats left at Maryland.. albeit few.

People in my class, like myself, received their acceptance in June. It was a rough 5 months from the time I interviewed until the time I was accepted, but the wait was well worth it. Maryland is an amazing school.

Best of luck to everyone!

Hup

June is waaaay to late wow

HI fellas :
I also got interviewed in Jan, but I gotta tell it isn't looking to good right now. I have heard from several sources that They don't have enough seats ! is it absolutely accurate? I amn't 100 % sure ... some people say it is just the normal process, some people say this year they are filled up etcetera.... who knows.. all you can do is wait !!! hopefully we will all get in.

HI fellas :
I also got interviewed in Jan, but I gotta tell it isn't looking to good right now. I have heard from several sources that They don't have enough seats ! is it absolutely accurate? I amn't 100 % sure ... some people say it is just the normal process, some people say this year they are filled up etcetera.... who knows.. all you can do is wait !!! hopefully we will all get in.

What sources? It just seems crazy that they would interview 5-6 groups of say 10-15/group after their last batch of acceptances and then not admit any of those individuals. Maybe us SDNers are all unlucky and all the people they have accepted since the end of January do not frequent this site or Predents! It would be nice, I guess, for them to wait to give acceptances so that way people who have already been accepted elsewhere have committed enough cash at that particular school to where they will not likely change to Maryland. This would help me out as I do not have any choices!

I interviewed back in March 4th. It does look like their class is full. My status changed yesterday from received/under review to invited to interview...

Hey guys! I had my interview feb 18th also - and have not heard anything since. I'm guessing they havent sent out another round of acceptances. I'm so aprehensive! I felt like my interview went alright- I think i talked alot with some awkward pauses. it was exactly 20 minutes and after that they both said they had nothing else to ask me. and then they also said 'good job' so i'm not sure if they were just being really nice or they actually meant it.
I dunno, lets hope/pray for the best!

Look noone knows what is going on for sure... Marylandgirl , you aren't alone. In the past, if you had gotten an interview, your chances were pretty high (3-4 years back), but today it is a different story. HOW? great question. so the applicant volume is huge (not that all of them are qualified). what it comes down to is when you get your interview, the sooner you get, the higher your chances. SO if you are second batch like a lot of us here, you are sort of screwed. WHY? because you got to wait for the geniuses before you to give up their seats. Apparently, that aint happening this year. People have put down their deposits. In total, it means there are much fewer people getting accepted from the second batch, relatively.
best of luck

Get ready for the waitlist eamils :(
If u want u can yell at me for being negative or whatevr u call it, but we will be placed in waitlist very soon, and by april couple of poeple will get off and one or two more around may...... thats it,
as far as for me, I will be going to grad school to do a mastrs and I might apply agian for the third time, maybe third time is the charm, not sure yet

sucks but it is what it is -Tufts here i come

sucks but it is what it is -Tufts here i come

Hopefully this is exactly what Maryland's intentions are...to weed out those people accepted elsewhere so that if they offer more acceptances they can pretty much be sure the student is going to take it. Although some may think that I have unwarranted optimism, I still feel that Maryland is not going to set up 5 interview dates with 10-15 people per group to not accept any of them. When I interviewed they said that they definitely had plenty of open spots with the potential for more to open up whenever the date comes where people have to start putting down more money and Maryland can see the students that are holding down seats at multiple schools. While I don't doubt that several people will be put on a waitlist (possibly myself included), several people will also be getting acceptances. I actually think that there will likely be 10 or maybe even 15 accepted from those that interviewed in February by the time it is all said and done. The only wildcard to all of this is if over the past month they have been accepting several people that all just so happen to not take advantage of SDN or Predents-which is possible.

Supraman-not trying to rain on your parade at all but if you do now decide to go with Tufts 100% you can continue to be, and even become more, excited with the great school that has already accepted you.

On side note...
I felt like my interview just went way to well to not get an acceptance. Based on the feedback from my interviewer, I am not sure what I would have to hear at a future interview to feel like I had done better than, or just as good as, the interview I had at Maryland. Even though I really don't believe in luck, I will keep my fingers crossed for all of us hanging out on this big crowded boat :xf:.

i had an interview with Maryland back in October , and now is March , and my application is still under review , I did not know why they take long time to review my application . If they reject me , they just send me a rejection letter . But it did not happen to me . However , if they like me , they should send me an acceptance , and it did not happen to me either. So , I might be in their waiting list , and being in MD's waiting list is just a rejection for me 'cause nobody will reject MD's offer. So, I start to reapply and retake DAT again .:hello:

Nothing on mine (interview on Jan 21).

JUST GOT ACCEPTED!

j/k lol what is going on here?

hey supraman,

Were you the one accepted at Tufts and then cancelled your NYU interview when you got "really sick" from a meal?

hey supraman,

Were you the one accepted at Tufts and then cancelled your NYU interview when you got "really sick" from a meal?

Yes. I was puking all damn night and I had the interview in a few hours, I felt it just wasn't worth the hassle and went home ha.

who knows what is going on? asking me, i would say the seats are full and we are wasting our time... BUT again you never know lol may be santa can do something to open up some seats.... in btw, maryland this year has accepted some really interesting people :thumbdown:thumbdown...

anyways best of luck to everyone

who knows what is going on? asking me, i would say the seats are full and we are wasting our time... BUT again you never know lol may be santa can do something to open up some seats.... in btw, maryland this year has accepted some really interesting people :thumbdown:thumbdown...

anyways best of luck to everyone

lol what does that mean? Is that based off of the facebook group? I think they are on spring break now and according to predents, a few got accepted after today

Anyone recently?!? I havent heard from them in forever...

I'm an overqualified applicant for Maryland and they pretty much gave me a blowjob during the interview but I haven't heard from them. So I think you guys are kinda screwed and seats are all taken as of now.

I'm an overqualified applicant for Maryland and they pretty much gave me a blowjob during the interview but I haven't heard from them. So I think you guys are kinda screwed and seats are all taken as of now.

How are you "over qualified" lets hear what you have that I dont. F you.

Yes and you sir must be Asian. Supra and NBA; you only needed one to give your race away. TOO FAST TOO FURIOUS:cool:

Negative, nice try though "dogg", your over qualified because your 3.0 GPA gave you an edge with that shade of your skin. I'm surprised you knew that was a car, granted I've never seen a colored in any vehicle worth looking twice at.

Yes and you sir must be Asian. Supra and NBA; you only needed one to give your race away. TOO FAST TOO FURIOUS:cool:

Did you get in anywhere? Clearly you are not over qualified because you have not gotten in.

Negative, nice try though "dogg", your over qualified because your 3.0 GPA gave you an edge with that shade of your skin. I'm surprised you knew that was a car, granted I've never seen a colored in any vehicle worth looking twice at.
LOL bro calm down:laugh: You dudes are maaaad up in this thread. HOSTILITY! Gaaad damn my dude said COLORED:eek:

Did you get in anywhere? Clearly you are not over qualified because you have not gotten in.
Dogg, we are in a different hemisphere, Maryland was just my practice interview. I am in at my top choices except Harvard. I got bigger fish to fry to homey.

Ftl

Last edited:
check your emails! i just got a waitlist email from UMD.

anyone get an acceptance one?

Last edited: