Other OT-Related Information Master's Costs in Australia/U.S.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rmaurer754

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm going to be applying to some programs within the year for my master's, but the biggest issue I'm facing is the financial burden. Are there any current OTs/OT students on here that found an affordable school or method for paying? Student debt is soon to be hounding me and I'm hoping to get into a program that doesn't break the bank. Were there any hospitals/businesses that agreed to pay for your schooling while you worked? I've been keeping my search limited to Australia (preferable) and the States but I've only seen price tags of 30k+. If anyone has the experience I could use the help. Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

San Jose State University offers a very affordable program. Tuition is about $9-10k a year, so I'd say maybe $25k for the whole 2.5 years. But that doesn't include housing and all the other expenses. San Jose also has a pretty high cost of living, which is something important to consider.