Masters Programs in CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MusicalMind

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I eventually want to move out to CA to be closer to family (I'm on the east coast now), so I'm thinking that it would be wise to go to grad school out there. My goal is to be a therapist. Don't think I can spend the time or money going the PsyD route, as appealing as those programs seem.

I'm planning on applying to SFSU-both the clinical psych and counseling programs. Are there any other excellent masters programs in CA that would get me to my goals? (i.e. employed and not in a ton of debt) :D

Members don't see this ad.

I eventually want to move out to CA to be closer to family (I'm on the east coast now), so I'm thinking that it would be wise to go to grad school out there. My goal is to be a therapist. Don't think I can spend the time or money going the PsyD route, as appealing as those programs seem.

I'm planning on applying to SFSU-both the clinical psych and counseling programs. Are there any other excellent masters programs in CA that would get me to my goals? (i.e. employed and not in a ton of debt) :D

I think CSU Northridge, Fullerton, and San Diego all have reputable programs.

RE bolded section above: usually institutions only permit the applicant to apply to one department per application cycle.