Match Day 2016: I gets to play with kids! But where??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldbearprofessor

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Posted each year. Best of luck to all!

Just a few more hours now..:scared:

Let us know today where you're going to spend the next 3 years.

One note that I always make about this day....As you open your envelope and see that you won the match day lottery, please remember to be humble about your accomplishments and where you matched. Brag to your mom and dad and your significant other. Give your dog an extra treat. Drink a glass of expensive wine. But remember that some of your classmates, even those who matched in their top "whatever", will be disappointed that they didn't get their #1 or another of their top few choice(s). It's a crummy feeling and they have a right to be upset for not achieving a personal goal.

Wherever you matched, the overwhelming likelihood is that you'll do well and be happy there. I matched at my #3 and lived to tell the tale of a great experience there. No one ever will ask when you are an attending where you matched on your ROL.

Welcome to residency, let the match day festivities begin. Always remember it is a privilege to care for children and advocate for them. You are soon to be a part of a wonderful group of doctors who have dedicated their lives to this task.

Meanwhile, tell us where you matched?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm heading into a combined program, but I'll play.

Hopefully I'll see some of you at Cincinnati Childrens this summer!

Reactions: 1 users
Med-peds here :)

Matched at University of South Florida! Hope to see some of you folks at Tampa General or All Children's!

Reactions: 1 user