Match Day festivities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Where does you school fit into the Match Day scheme? Please cooment on festivities.

• My school woops it up on Match Day -- puts Mardi Gras to shame!

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • My school has a formal celebration!

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • My school recognizes Match Day with flyers on the restroom doors with no celebration!

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Match Day? Is today Match Day?

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

PhantomShadow

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does your medical school do to celebrate Match Day? At Indiana, all students meet for a boring financial aid meeting for 2.5h then we all convenve in the atrium of the medical sciences building where names are randomly drawn and announces beginning at 1200 EST. Students have the option to open their blood-red envelope with their Match result and read it aloud or scurry of to their seat to open it in private. Everyone also places a crispy $1 in a bedpan for the last person called who claims the prize ($260!!). he local news media is there and then we're all off to the local bar for hours of free food and drink. Bring it on! Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

For us it is $10 ($470 total), last one gets it, but they have to buy all night so...

Have have the "opening" ceremony too. We start at 11:15 local time so you can find out 15 min prior if you want privacy. The student council rents out a local drinking establishment's basement for fun (and provides designated drivers!)

- H

Looks like I'm one of the few who has no official school celebration. We're actually planning our own party to celebrate the US and Canadian matches. It should be more fun than anything that our administrators could put together. Too bad I'll miss it, I'm going to Belize to celebrate... :cool:

Hey everyone..

Our school puts on this big production every year.. this year the theme is "Viva Las Vegas", where everyone shows up in costume, and there's a little skit, etc to get the festivities going. We have the traditional $1 in the bucket, but this year you have the option to put in $1, or roll the dice to try and get a 7 or 11 (if you do, you don't have to pay, but if you don't, then you have to put in $2).. alla Las Vegas. We get our envelope, and pull the next one out of the jar and announce the next person up.. it's alot of fun.

We also have a lunch (which is semi-sponsored), and a party at a local pub later that night...

Oh, we do have the boring old financial aid meeting too, but we get it out of the way on Wednesday afternoon..

Good luck everyone, and I'm sure I'll be meeting up with some of you in July!

VIVA LAS VEGAS!
:horns: :clap: :clap: :horns: