Match List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jonwill

Podiatrist
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious about the match lists of the respective schools. As word spreads, please feel free to post where those at your program matched/scrambled.

Members don't see this ad.

Barry class of 08:
UPMC x2
Kingwood
West Houston
UTHC-SA x2
DVA - Atlanta
DVA - Dayton
DVA - Denver

Orlando
Westside (Mia) x2
Northwest Med Cntr (Mia)
Hollywood (Mia)
DVA - Miami
Jackson - North (Mia) x2
Mercy (Mia)

I don't really see many of the seniors on a daily - or even weekly - basis anymore. They cover clinics T/Th while us 3rd years are in clinic MWF, so we're on basically opposite schedules since this spring semester began. Based on where they did clerkships, I'd have to assume at least a dozen more Barry 4th year students also matched Miami area programs, though?

Members don't see this ad :)
LA VA, UCLA - 2
PSL - 1
Kaiser San Francisco - 1
Indiana - 1
Upstate New York - 1
Shiprock, NM - 1 (new program)
Phoenix VA - 1

Will add more as I hear 'em.

Whats the word on the residency in Orlando? Is it considered to be a strong one? Just curious about on people's thoughts on it.

Drexel-1
PennPresby-1
Inova-1
Grant(OH)-1
Yale-2
St.Francis(CT)-1
U of Utah-2
DVA Loma Linda (CA)-1
DVA Los Angeles-1
DVA Palo Alto (CA)-1
UT San Antonio-1
Cedar Sinai (CA)-1
West Houston-3
Loyola Chicago-2
Gunderson (WI)-1
Cambridge (MA)-1
DVA Madison-1
Legacy Kaiser (OR)-1
Scott and White (TX)-1

Whats the word on the residency in Orlando? Is it considered to be a strong one? Just curious about on people's thoughts on it.
It's a strong and competitive program from everything I hear; it looked pretty solid at our residency fair. If I wanted to stay in Fla, it'd probably be at or near the top of my list... lots of trauma, good numbers, research opportunities, sports med cases, high pay compared to other Fla programs, well trained attendings - many of them young and/or well published (ie Dr. Reeves). I was between that one and Atlanta for my first externship, and while I didn't apply for Orlando after all, I might still try to visit it.

Their scrambling one spot this year was probably more due to a misunderstanding between the program and its applicants than lack of interest. They consistently get a lot of interest. I'd say that at least half my classmates applied for Orlando, and many of them, along with students from other schools are going to clerk there.

It's a strong and competitive program from everything I hear; it looked pretty solid at our residency fair. If I wanted to stay in Fla, it'd probably be at or near the top of my list... lots of trauma, good numbers, research opportunities, sports med cases, high pay compared to other Fla programs, well trained attendings - many of them young and/or well published (ie Dr. Reeves). I was between that one and Atlanta for my first externship, and while I didn't apply for Orlando after all, I might still try to visit it.

Their scrambling one spot this year was probably more due to a misunderstanding between the program and its applicants than lack of interest. They consistently get a lot of interest. I'd say that at least half my classmates applied for Orlando, and many of them, along with students from other schools are going to clerk there.

I agree. I visited during my 4th year for 3 days. Lots of good cases. Very busy ER. Nice hospital. The attendings are very smart and up on the literature.

It was at the top of my rankings.

TUSPM:

Benedictine Hospital NY * 1
Staten Island University Hospital * 2
Cooper NJ *2
Hoboken NJ *1
Kennedy NJ *3
Crozer PA*3
Penn Presby *2
St Luke's, Allentown PA *1
Temple *3
Dekalb/Tucker *3
City of Angels, CA * 1

i wish people would list names of who matched where so those of us in 2nd and 3rd year know who to contact to get more information about programs, but i think if i did so somebody might object so until somebody else does so i will not either.

...i wish people would list names of who matched where so those of us in 2nd and 3rd year know who to contact to get more information about programs, but i think if i did so somebody might object so until somebody else does so i will not either.
If you dial up the program contact secretary (use the clerkship handbook on CASPR/CRIP page), most residency programs will freely offer this info for students who are scheduled or interested in doing a clerkship, visiting, or just finding out more. Every residency program I've talked to so far has been very friendly and volunteered emails or beeper numbers of their residents (usually junior residents)...

Is it common for a program to accept more than 2 students for PGY 1?