Mad Jack

Critically Caring
7+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2013
4th Dimension
Haha I literally quoted your post, that states that there is “data” that shows that OMM can make a significant difference... i.e. make the difference between passing or failing or help you raise your score a significant amount(50-100 points) from my experience and others on this thread that’s absolutely not the case. Not knowing the actual omm taught in Med school will not impact your score much. The only magical thinking here is you arguing with a bunch of third years as a first year about a board exam that you haven’t even taken...
I didn't know almost anything about OMM and skimmed Savarese and COMBANK the day before the exam. None of it helped, the OMM on the exam was nonsense we never studied in class and wasn't in the study materials. Still did very, very well

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

AnatomyGrey12

5+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Midwest
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Passing it just isn't all that impressive though. I guess they could use it as a screen but if I were a PD I'd much rather use a higher COMLEX to screen than a simple Step 1 pass
I woudn't. But it's moot, because COMLEX Level 1 is P/F too.

Reactions: 1 user

stardoctor

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
USMLE is pass fail starting next year. So taking it this summer it will be scored. COMLEX is pass fail starting in 2022

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads