math science gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njshibby

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys happen to know what classes are counted towards the math science gpa? is it just the bio orgo chem phys type? asking cuz i did real well in a couple of psych and anthro and neuroscience classes that were basically pure bio (for my neuroscience major). reeeeeally want them to be counted.

Members don't see this ad.

njshibby said:
Do you guys happen to know what classes are counted towards the math science gpa? is it just the bio orgo chem phys type? asking cuz i did real well in a couple of psych and anthro and neuroscience classes that were basically pure bio (for my neuroscience major). reeeeeally want them to be counted.

the classification of those courses are reserved for your good judgment and require an objective evaluation of the class content for appropriate designation. that said, if you feel your neuroscience class would qualify as a biology class from the heavy biological science content, then by all means classify it as such.

however, you should use good judgment in these allocations, and as far as anthropology goes, I'm quite sure that there is another class-type that AMCAS has reserved specifically for those classes... psychology seems like it could be credited towards biology, depending on how intensive the neurological aspect of it is (e.g. psycho-bio). neuroscience definitely is sensible as a biology type.

well, have fun with AMCAS and good luck on the rest of the application process :)

crazy_cavalier said:
the classification of those courses are reserved for your good judgment and require an objective evaluation of the class content for appropriate designation. that said, if you feel your neuroscience class would qualify as a biology class from the heavy biological science content, then by all means classify it as such.

however, you should use good judgment in these allocations, and as far as anthropology goes, I'm quite sure that there is another class-type that AMCAS has reserved specifically for those classes... psychology seems like it could be credited towards biology, depending on how intensive the neurological aspect of it is (e.g. psycho-bio). neuroscience definitely is sensible as a biology type.

well, have fun with AMCAS and good luck on the rest of the application process :)

thanks so much that helps a lot...the only reason i'd putthis anthro class in that category is because it's called human behavioral biology and it was all anatomy and function of the CNS so i figured that should be counted. thanks again