May 15 is (almost) here - How do you feel about your decision?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
haha, that's pretty funny. anyway, it doesn't really matter, i'd take NYC over any other american city in a heartbeat. it doesn't matter who agrees or disagrees as it's just a matter of taste. regardless, when adapt was like "i wouldn't go east even for harvard" it just struck me as a little over the top.

Members don't see this ad.

Mr. Rosewater said:
Regardless, when adapt was like "i wouldn't go east even for harvard" it just struck me as a little over the top.
Yes I am pretty over the top. I mean I'm choosing COMP over Temple or Drexel. Honestly, I would choose Loma Linda over Harvard.:clap:

Adapt said:
Yes I am pretty over the top. I mean I'm choosing COMP over Temple or Drexel. Honestly, I would choose Loma Linda over Harvard.:clap:

oh yeah, yeah, well i'm going to Dr. Nick Rivieras SOM in harlem so that i don't have to go to Stanford!!! take that punk! anyway, as long as we agree that you're over the top than we can move on. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Mr. Rosewater said:
oh yeah, yeah, well i'm going to Dr. Nick Rivieras SOM in harlem so that i don't have to go to Stanford!!! take that punk! anyway, as long as we agree that you're over the top than we can move on. ;)
You may call me over the top, but I prefer to be known as the opposite of a rankings *****. :thumbup:

SqurrlQuen said:
As to the answer about Tulane being the obvious choice, it's not quite so easy. I am interested in academics, and I'm going to both programs for the MD/MPH program. As of now, I'm not planning to commit my entire life to clinical work, and so, reputation of my medical school matters a little more. I suppose my question is of what you know, how much more reputable is one from the other? I can't feel it for myself because Tulane is unranked and, while I admire the dean's decision in this, it makes it harder to gauge how other professionals regard the school in relation to Tufts. Thanks so much for responding!

For what it's worth (which isn't much, but I have read these forums and archives for the past two years) I really don't think Tufts is substantially more prestigious than Tulane. It's only the top 10-15 schools that truly tend to open extra doors anyway. IMO the major advantage would be if you knew you wanted a New England residency, especially in Boston. But for academic medicine in general, I don't think you're making a bad decision. Best of luck!

Sending the withdrawl letters is going to be very, very hard.

DECIDED... mixed feelings, but I think it's practically the better place to go.

Oh and geez, I didn't mean to stoke a flamewar... I was just not enjoying the deliberative process... (though I'm grateful I had a choice!)

thewebthsp said:
Hell...yes, yes it is. I hate this decision making. EUGH....

It's good practice for when you become a doc cause our careers are all about decision making.

Alexander99 said:
It's good practice for when you become a doc cause our careers are all about decision making.

NO - your careers are all about care-giving. Don't make ridiculous generalized statements like the above, and try to pass it off like you are stating something insightful...... *****!

TripleDegree said:
NO - your careers are all about care-giving. Don't make ridiculous generalized statements like the above, and try to pass it off like you are stating something insightful...... *****!

wow, that was pretty harsh.

i can't do it you guys ...

i've had my letters written since Monday .. it's like i know what i want, but i'm scared to commit to it ... it's too big of a decision not to feel a bit hesitant .. sometimes i view my school of choice like a person that i feel is right for me and am in love with ... yet i can't make a list of all the reasons why he's right .. just feels like it .. maybe another boy has more desirable attributes or logically, he would be what my parents would consider "best" for me ............... some ppl go with feeling, some ppl go with rationale .. maybe girls do more of the former, i don't know ...... oh well .. time to own up.

The sooner you withdraw, the sooner someone else will get in off the waitlist, and the sooner they'll be overjoyed. Plus, you'll get an excellent peace of mind once you're all decided and done.

TheFlash said:
The sooner you withdraw, the sooner someone else will get in off the waitlist, and the sooner they'll be overjoyed. Plus, you'll get an excellent peace of mind once you're all decided and done.

good point, but it's too late to be "soon" now since tomorrow is the 15th .. i have felt bad (really) knowing that other people are waiting and agonizing (and i did withdraw very soon from schools i knew i didn't want), but i feel that other people are probably holding acceptances as well if they are waiting for the schools i'm holding onto .. their acceptances just may not be what they prefer .. and for those who have only waitlists, i'm sorry but i know you guys will be accepted somewhere soon! anyway, i'd feel better having dug deep down to learn about what is more important to me, considering everything i can possibly consider, calling all of the schools, visiting all the schools again, etc. etc., so that when i make my choice, i know that it wasn't made hastily and therefore one that i cannot regret .. that's when i'll have peace of mind .. (i was rushed once on my decision for a school, and it certainly did not give me peace of mind)

should i have tried to speed up this process? yes .. but i'm sorry i couldn't ..

a friend of mine made a good point when he said that although having multiple acceptances from schools can be stressful and make decision-making more difficult, it's a great time to really learn about yourself, whether you rely on your feelings or logic, what were you in this for, what kind of doctor you'd like to become (character-wise), what makes you really happy, etc., and what is the best place where all of this can happen more easily for you .. i'm sorry that our period of introspection causes others to wait impatiently, but it's almost over ..

i'm about to click "send" to UCLA MSTP, my last MD/PhD acceptance (deep breath)

Members don't see this ad :)
mentoz said:
good point, but it's too late to be "soon" now since tomorrow is the 15th .. i have felt bad (really) knowing that other people are waiting and agonizing (and i did withdraw very soon from schools i knew i didn't want), but i feel that other people are probably holding acceptances as well if they are waiting for the schools i'm holding onto .. their acceptances just may not be what they prefer .. and for those who have only waitlists, i'm sorry but i know you guys will be accepted somewhere soon! anyway, i'd feel better having dug deep down to learn about what is more important to me, considering everything i can possibly consider, calling all of the schools, visiting all the schools again, etc. etc., so that when i make my choice, i know that it wasn't made hastily and therefore one that i cannot regret .. that's when i'll have peace of mind .. (i was rushed once on my decision for a school, and it certainly did not give me peace of mind)

should i have tried to speed up this process? yes .. but i'm sorry i couldn't ..

a friend of mine made a good point when he said that although having multiple acceptances from schools can be stressful and make decision-making more difficult, it's a great time to really learn about yourself, whether you rely on your feelings or logic, what were you in this for, what kind of doctor you'd like to become (character-wise), what makes you really happy, etc., and what is the best place where all of this can happen more easily for you .. i'm sorry that our period of introspection causes others to wait impatiently, but it's almost over ..

i'm about to click "send" to UCLA MSTP, my last MD/PhD acceptance (deep breath)

Don't feel bad about holding multiple acceptances. Although some people on here might try to give you a guilt trip about how people are waiting and try to pressure you into dropping your acceptances early, the fact of the matter is, you earned your acceptances, fair and square. It's one thing if you there's a school you know for sure you won't be attending but hold onto it anyway--that's wrong. I think it's fine though to wait until the last day if your mind isn't 100% made up. This is a big decision and it's worth taking your time.

I guess I'm the opposite of a lot of people on here in that I'm highly decisive and it doesn't take me very long to consider the facts and come up with a decision. For example, I had already gotten into USC when I found out I got into UCSD. Although USC is a fine school and there was a lot about their program that I liked, it was pretty much automatic that I chose UCSD and dropped USC.

After I was in at UCSD, UC Davis somehow gave me an interview invite (this was early April already). Taking a variety of factors into account, I decided even if I got into UC Davis, I'd still end up going to UCSD so I didn't bother interviewing. I guess the advantage of being highly decisive like me is you don't really spend a lot of time agonizing over decisions. I think the key is having confidence in your decisions and never looking back and regretting any of them.

Good luck at UCLA.

Alexander99 said:
Don't feel bad about holding multiple acceptances. Although some people on here might try to give you a guilt trip about how people are waiting and try to pressure you into dropping your acceptances early, the fact of the matter is, you earned your acceptances, fair and square. It's one thing if you there's a school you know for sure you won't be attending but hold onto it anyway--that's wrong. I think it's fine though to wait until the last day if your mind isn't 100% made up. This is a big decision and it's worth taking your time.

I guess I'm the opposite of a lot of people on here in that I'm highly decisive and it doesn't take me very long to consider the facts and come up with a decision. For example, I had already gotten into USC when I found out I got into UCSD. Although USC is a fine school and there was a lot about their program that I liked, it was pretty much automatic that I chose UCSD and dropped USC.

After I was in at UCSD, UC Davis somehow gave me an interview invite (this was early April already). Taking a variety of factors into account, I decided even if I got into UC Davis, I'd still end up going to UCSD so I didn't bother interviewing. I guess the advantage of being highly decisive like me is you don't really spend a lot of time agonizing over decisions. I think the key is having confidence in your decisions and never looking back and regretting any of them.

Good luck at UCLA.

you're a sweetheart .. and actually what i'm sending to UCLA MSTP is a withdrawal .. the reason why it took me longer than i suspected is because i considered it against UCSF MD .. it took a very long time for me to consider how much i wanted/needed the PhD for my career and what kind of career that will be .. MD students are lucky that they have so many opportunities to pursue whatever avenues of interest they have .. i suppose MST students have the same opportunities but the commitment to the program is too big to simply drop to pursue a career with no research involved (this is just my personal opinion, and i know others may not share it) ... it's still difficult up to this day knowing how different a UCLA MSTP experience will be compared to a UCSF MD experience .. there are so many other factors that come into play and i am waitlisted at another MSTP as well as accepted to other MD programs in TX and the east coast, which have different things to offer ..

but yeah, the MD vs MD/PhD was a very difficult decision to make for me especially since i don't know exactly how i want my career to be like in the future .. also there is a huge monetary difference in my decision (as an out-of-stater esp)... .............. ......... so yeah *still taking deep breaths* ..

i hope to be more like you sometime .. to be an extremely decisive person .. but for now, baby steps :oops:

Mr. Rosewater said:
haha, that's pretty funny. anyway, it doesn't really matter, i'd take NYC over any other american city in a heartbeat. it doesn't matter who agrees or disagrees as it's just a matter of taste. regardless, when adapt was like "i wouldn't go east even for harvard" it just struck me as a little over the top.
id pick cali over harvard. or east coast.
lived in nyc for 10 years...glad to have left.

Alexander99, it's really funny that you say you're highly decisive. I used to be exactly like that...knew exactly what I wanted. Over the years after being in a serious relationship, taking into consideration $, sick family member, girlfriend's job, etc...thing stopped being so clear cut for me, and I find myself unable to make a decision, wavering back and forth. I wish I could throw all my considerations into a computerized algorithm and have I spit out my decision.

mentoz said:
you're a sweetheart .. and actually what i'm sending to UCLA MSTP is a withdrawal .. the reason why it took me longer than i suspected is because i considered it against UCSF MD .. it took a very long time for me to consider how much i wanted/needed the PhD for my career and what kind of career that will be .. MD students are lucky that they have so many opportunities to pursue whatever avenues of interest they have .. i suppose MST students have the same opportunities but the commitment to the program is too big to simply drop to pursue a career with no research involved (this is just my personal opinion, and i know others may not share it) ... it's still difficult up to this day knowing how different a UCLA MSTP experience will be compared to a UCSF MD experience .. there are so many other factors that come into play and i am waitlisted at another MSTP as well as accepted to other MD programs in TX and the east coast, which have different things to offer ..

but yeah, the MD vs MD/PhD was a very difficult decision to make for me especially since i don't know exactly how i want my career to be like in the future .. also there is a huge monetary difference in my decision (as an out-of-stater esp)... .............. ......... so yeah *still taking deep breaths* ..

i hope to be more like you sometime .. to be an extremely decisive person .. but for now, baby steps :oops:

So you're going to UCSF for the MD program? Nice area--I'm sure you'll like it there. I wonder, is there something that keeps regular MDs from applying to PhD programs after they graduate if they didn't realize they wanted to go into research until then?

Thanks for the compliment! I think some of it has to do with personality as well which is harder to change. When I see people that are somewhat of pushovers (which is sometimes but not always related to being indecisive) and being taken advantage of, I feel like saying, "Don't let them do that to you! Can't you see you're getting jacked?" I realized though that for some people, it's in their nature.

So good luck in SF then. :thumbup:

finnpipette said:
Alexander99, it's really funny that you say you're highly decisive. I used to be exactly like that...knew exactly what I wanted. Over the years after being in a serious relationship, taking into consideration $, sick family member, girlfriend's job, etc...thing stopped being so clear cut for me, and I find myself unable to make a decision, wavering back and forth. I wish I could throw all my considerations into a computerized algorithm and have I spit out my decision.

So I guess what you're saying is that when you didn't have a lot of factors to worry about, it was easy for you to be decisive but now that your life is a lot more complicated, you find it difficult to make decisions. That makes perfect sense to me.

In a way, I feel like I can be a bit too "computerized" myself in that I really don't go by feelings but instead go by facts/logic. Obviously I have feelings so I need to at least acknowledge them as well. Hey, maybe for a small fee, you can explain to me the complexities of your situation and I can make your decisions for you. Haha.

Now that I'm sitting here thinking about this, I think I'm really up there on the go by feelings/go by logic scale. For example, if I ask someone why they did something and they say, "I don't know. I just felt like it," it really puzzles me; I have a hard time understanding why people do things without having a reason.

finnpipette said:

YES. A computerized algorithm... ie, the Match! We'd all be more sane.

jlee9531 said:
Cali SNOBS!! :)

Alexander99 said:
So you're going to UCSF for the MD program? Nice area--I'm sure you'll like it there. I wonder, is there something that keeps regular MDs from applying to PhD programs after they graduate if they didn't realize they wanted to go into research until then?

you can still do research with just and MD..... no need to pursue PhD programs.....there are several post doc positions out there..... you can also get become a professor in med school with your focus being 90% on research... and 10% on clinical stuff (to still be a licensed MD).....

I do like to complain a lot :) but I make decisions when they need to be made...the fact is we rarely "choose" in life. Read "Acting without choosing" by Hilary Bok to see what I mean. Choosing is ultimately a deterministic event, but one's psychological comfort with that event varies on the personality type of the agent.

Also "pause" or "caution" in making a decision can save your life. Decisions requiring good judgment usually take time, while rash decisions can kill you. I was in a car accident where someone else died-- the other car (with the fatality) drove through 4 lanes of traffic in an attempt to make a U turn on the highway. The reason? The driver wanted her mother to make a flight. The mother died. Obviously excessive hand wringing over a decision is bad -- but so is acting without time necessary for a reasonable decision. In certain fields (ER) you don't have time for a well rounded plan, so there is historical precedent (ABCs for example) in doing the right thing.

I have a feeling Alexander will be a surgeon, or maybe an ER doc :).

Me, probably neuro or medicine.

Adapt said:
http://www.atkinsresearchinc.com/demographics.htm
---LA----
Race

White 38.2%

Hispanic 39.0%

Black 13.4%

Native American 0.3%

Asian 8.8%

Other 0.3%

---New York city---

White 52.3
Black 28.7
Hispanic 23.7
Asian/Pacific Island 6.9
American Indian 0.3
Other 11.6
http://www.digitalcity.com/newyork/demographics#nyc

There you happy? There are more whites in New york, about 50% compared to 38 in LA. There are more hispanics in LA and more asians in LA. Seems like LA is more diverse to me.

not to kick the dead horse (or whatever the cliche is), i think this relates to the type of immigrants that each city attracts. i think you'll find more europeans (and therefore "white") in nyc and more asians (including indians) and latinos in la. also remember that nyc has more than twice the population of la in like 1/8th the space.

anyway... i'm with exmike, i'm already doubting my decision. oh well, here's to hoping it doesn't matter. :thumbup:

Yeah, having a lot of asians and hispanics certainly must be equal to diversity.

Diversity is having a large number of small percentages, not merely a different group of large percentages.

Other - 11.6% NYC, 0.3% LA.

What's more diverse, a med school class that's half asian/hispanic or one that has a Turk, a Slovak, an Egyptian, an Israeli, several Candians, a Spaniard, a German, a Russian and a few Africans?

Orchid 209 said:
you can still do research with just and MD..... no need to pursue PhD programs.....there are several post doc positions out there..... you can also get become a professor in med school with your focus being 90% on research... and 10% on clinical stuff (to still be a licensed MD).....

Hmm. If that's the case, what's the use of the PhD part of MD/PhD's?

Alexander99 said:

beats me.... but there probably are reasons out there..... one of it is that school is all paid for... but i'm sure there are other reasons out there.....I just know of and MD who is doing research and is a professor at a med school (vandy first now at UCD).... he had a change of heart after completing his residency.... just saying it's possible to do research and be a professor with just an MD

thewebthsp said:
I do like to complain a lot :) but I make decisions when they need to be made...the fact is we rarely "choose" in life. Read "Acting without choosing" by Hilary Bok to see what I mean. Choosing is ultimately a deterministic event, but one's psychological comfort with that event varies on the personality type of the agent.

Also "pause" or "caution" in making a decision can save your life. Decisions requiring good judgment usually take time, while rash decisions can kill you. I was in a car accident where someone else died-- the other car (with the fatality) drove through 4 lanes of traffic in an attempt to make a U turn on the highway. The reason? The driver wanted her mother to make a flight. The mother died. Obviously excessive hand wringing over a decision is bad -- but so is acting without time necessary for a reasonable decision. In certain fields (ER) you don't have time for a well rounded plan, so there is historical precedent (ABCs for example) in doing the right thing.

I have a feeling Alexander will be a surgeon, or maybe an ER doc :).

Me, probably neuro or medicine.

See, my theory on life would completely contradict Hilary Bok's; my theory is that there is no such thing as destiny and your future is what you make of it.

Of course, as decisive as I am, I don't suggest making rash decisions or being a complete ***** like the wreckless driver in your example. Simple logic would have dictated that risking a major accident doesn't outweigh getting somewhere on time, or less late as the case normally is. That's why I don't speed (I'll drive 70 in the #2 lane but people can pass me if they want)--I'll just leave early so there's enough time and if I'm late, then I'm late.

Wow. You've got me read like a book! I'm heavily leaning towards surgery (most likely ortho but not neuro surgery though.)

Alexander99 said:

if you're really curious, check out MD/PhD threads .. there are definitely other avenues, definitely .. but there are a lot of reasons to join the MSTP if you are sure you want to become a physician-scientist .. :thumbup:

mentoz said:
if you're really curious, check out MD/PhD threads .. there are definitely other avenues, definitely .. but there are a lot of reasons to join the MSTP if you are sure you want to become a physician-scientist .. :thumbup:

Does it involve a secret handshake cause if so, count me in! :laugh:

By the way, in reference to your signature, did you really drop a camera into flowing lava?

jlee9531 said:

yeah...that was the main dilemma in my decision. I love cali (a big part of that is probably the fact that my family, friends, gf, etc are all here) BUT...having never lived anywhere else, I figured HMS is as good of a reason to leave for a short time as there ever will be...and gives me the greatest chance of coming back should I realize that Cali is in fact the promised land I believe it to be :) .

Also, because I've never lived anywhere else, I think it'll be a good growth opportunity and persepctive change so...no regrets.

Anyhow....snow and actual winters and all that fun stuff...here I come.

Ahh, so this is hard...I'm giving up my spot at NJMS (which I don't mind), and Stony Brook (this was a tough tough choice).

RWJ it is.........no looking back.

Good luck to all :) Celebrate your success!

Alexander99 said:
By the way, in reference to your signature, did you really drop a camera into flowing lava?

I think it's a Deep Thought by Jack Handey.

SarahGM said:

Ah! I remember those--they were pretty funny. Do they still have those? I don't really watch SNL anymore. Come to think of it, I don't watch TV anymore.

I still think "In Living Color" was the best comedy show, especially when they had Jim Carrey. That show even had J Lo as one of the Fly Girls, before she turned into Elizabeth Taylor.

Hi,
i was wondering what the best method to notify a school of a withdrawal is (either from an acceptance or a waitlist)?

Thanks

dhooppi said:
Hi,
i was wondering what the best method to notify a school of a withdrawal is (either from an acceptance or a waitlist)?

Thanks

Since the deadline is tomorrow (Saturday), it's probably too late to find out what the preferred method is for your school(s). To make sure you get your deposit back, I'd do a combination of e-mail and snail mail. Just get the snail mail certified so you can prove you sent out your withdrawal letter on time.

SarahGM said:

definitely right!
Jack Handey .. what an inspiration ..

mentoz said:
definitely right!
Jack Handey .. what an inspiration ..

mentoz, you are pretty (if thats you on your icon). ;)

docmemi said:

Hitting on a girl via SDN? Nice. I guess it's about time for spring fever.

Coincidentally, my icon is an actual picture of me and no one has commented on how handsome I am. What gives??

TripleDegree said:

It's about time I teach you a lesson. Here. We'll start with sign language:

00oni15.jpg

docmemi said:

nice to meet you docmemi!

Alexander99 said:
Hitting on a girl via SDN? Nice. I guess it's about time for spring fever.

you're not being serious right? oh .. docmemi is a guy .. for some reason i thought you were a female (no offense) .. i read "memi" as "mimi" which is my baby cousin's name .. and ah, so sorry .. anyway, when i tell someone he's handsome, i'm not hitting on him .. i hope guys don't think that ..

Alexander99 said:
Coincidentally, my icon is an actual picture of me and no one has commented on how handsome I am. What gives??

Alexander99, you are handsome (if that's you on your icon). ;)

Mentoz sorta looks like my younger sister...anyways, Alexander, is that avatar from an anime or Disney animation or something? IF you do look like it, are you admitting that you're not Asian?? :p

Adapt said:
When I visited Philly and DC, they weren't as diverse as CA. I am sure Boston is even less diverse than the above cities. Perhaps New York comes close to the diversity of CA.

Adapt you are tripping. lol Cali med schools are not diverse at all. Now the cities....when i visited i was not impressed (i am from NYC). I have been in LA, Stanford, Berkeley and Sacramento. IF there is diversity it is scattered so far that you don't see it. I did see alot of hispanics and asians. So there is diversity certianly in that you don't see JUST white folks. But comparing any of those cities to NYC or even Philly is a joke to me. :p

UseUrHeadFred said:
Yeah, having a lot of asians and hispanics certainly must be equal to diversity.

Diversity is having a large number of small percentages, not merely a different group of large percentages.

Other - 11.6% NYC, 0.3% LA.

What's more diverse, a med school class that's half asian/hispanic or one that has a Turk, a Slovak, an Egyptian, an Israeli, several Candians, a Spaniard, a German, a Russian and a few Africans?

Thankyou! I was about write a definition of diversity for Adapt LOL. Just kidding. At any rate, I definitely think alot opinions come from your actual race. Correct me if i am wrong, but adapt arent you hispanic and exmike...asian? I'll be honest, at first i didn't tihnk cali was that diverse because I didn't see as many black people around as i am used to in nyc (i am black). After being there a week I realized there just weren't as many different ethnic groups etc as nyc.

mentoz said:
you're not being serious right? oh .. docmemi is a guy .. for some reason i thought you were a female (no offense) .. i read "memi" as "mimi" which is my baby cousin's name .. and ah, so sorry .. anyway, when i tell someone he's handsome, i'm not hitting on him .. i hope guys don't think that ..

Alexander99, you are handsome (if that's you on your icon). ;)

I think most guys would take a comment from a girl about them being handsome as the girl hitting on them. I mean, if you're not hitting on a guy by telling them they're handsome, what do you tell them when you're actually hitting on them? "I want to have your kids?" :laugh:

For example, this one time at work (I'm in retail), these two girls came up to me and one of them told me, "We think you're really handsome." They just stood there smiling after that. Of course, I was 20 and they were like 15-16 so I was like, "Well thanks" and that was it. The point is, if they weren't trying to hit on me, I'm not sure what to make of the situation.

Yes, thank you. My avatar pic was taken about a year back but I still look the same. Since you claim you tell people they're handsome without hitting on them, I'll spare you the "how you doin'" routine. :thumbup:

CalBeE said:
Mentoz sorta looks like my younger sister...anyways, Alexander, is that avatar from an anime or Disney animation or something? IF you do look like it, are you admitting that you're not Asian?? :p

Disney? LOL! Did you see the pic of me in the monkey suit? I doubt Disney would ever make an animation that cool.

I'm not admitting anything! You'll have to judge for yourself what I am. In the end, aren't we all just people? :laugh:

I'm pretty sure that when Alex first started posting he admitted to being asian, hispanic, white, and something else. I can't remember though.

bullhorn said:
Thankyou! I was about write a definition of diversity for Adapt LOL. Just kidding. At any rate, I definitely think alot opinions come from your actual race. Correct me if i am wrong, but adapt arent you hispanic and exmike...asian? I'll be honest, at first i didn't tihnk cali was that diverse because I didn't see as many black people around as i am used to in nyc (i am black). After being there a week I realized there just weren't as many different ethnic groups etc as nyc.
Cali is still diverse by the numbers. True there aren't that many blacks but that doesn't not make it diverse. As I said, there are more asians and hispanics here than in New York while NYC has more blacks and others.

I concede then, they are the same ethnically. I can't believe this is still being talked about since I posted that 3 days ago. :)

bullhorn said:

why are you guys talking about me? whats going on?!!

exmike said:
why are you guys talking about me? whats going on?!!
:laugh: Yea she through in your name in there for some reason.