You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
May 15 rule
Started by osprey099
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I don't think there is a strict time. But to be fair to adcoms and waitlisted students, don't wait until the last minute. Make a decision as soon as you can and inform them during working hours.
What possible difference does it make for you to make a decision today versus tomorrow? Rules aside, just make a decision. You probably aren't going to get any critical information that will change your decision between now and then unless you're waiting for financial aid info.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There was a holding deposit for school A (my top choice) that I sent in last week but for some reason, school A still hasn't received it in the mail yet. I've called them multiple times but they said they haven't received it yet. I don't want to give up school B until I am 100% sure school A got my deposit.What possible difference does it make for you to make a decision today versus tomorrow? Rules aside, just make a decision. You probably aren't going to get any critical information that will change your decision between now and then unless you're waiting for financial aid info.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edit: and the holding deposit for school A is due may 15
Posted using SDN Mobile
There was a holding deposit for school A (my top choice) that I sent in last week but for some reason, school A still hasn't received it in the mail yet. I've called them multiple times but they said they haven't received it yet. I don't want to give up school B until I am 100% sure school A got my deposit.
Edit: and the holding deposit for school A is due may 15
Posted using SDN Mobile
If you've already been accepted and sent in the deposit I suppose I don't understand the concern. Are you worried that school A will drop you because they supposedly haven't received the deposit?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea, I am worried that school A will drop me because they said their deposit is due on may 15. Whether that means I need to mail it (postmarked) by may 15 or they need to receive it by may 15th, I have no idea. But the only thing I can control is keeping school B as a backup in case school A does drop me because they haven't received the deposit yet.If you've already been accepted and sent in the deposit I suppose I don't understand the concern. Are you worried that school A will drop you because they supposedly haven't received the deposit?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Emails that I received from the schools that I'm still holding acceptances for indicated that they would like to know by 5:00pm tomorrow
I'd recommend sending an email to the school you're planning on attending just because that seems like a nice thing to do. Similarly, it's nice to let the schools you're not planning on going to to let them know that.
As far as the actual question, how about you call school A and clarify their deposit policy? If you let them know that you're planning on attending and that you postmarked the check on X I imagine you'll be fine. Communication is key.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As far as the actual question, how about you call school A and clarify their deposit policy? If you let them know that you're planning on attending and that you postmarked the check on X I imagine you'll be fine. Communication is key.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd recommend sending an email to the school you're planning on attending just because that seems like a nice thing to do. Similarly, it's nice to let the schools you're not planning on going to to let them know that.
As far as the actual question, how about you call school A and clarify their deposit policy? If you let them know that you're planning on attending and that you postmarked the check on X I imagine you'll be fine. Communication is key.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, the easy way with most of these things is just to ask schools up front. They will be much happier not to have any surprises, and you'll be happier knowing for sure what is and isn't allowed.
Emails that I received from the schools that I'm still holding acceptances for indicated that they would like to know by 5:00pm tomorrow
Yes, whenever this question was asked, the answer was always "by close of business" on the due date.
Okay, then my next move would be going by there today if it's close, or overnight another deposit if it isn't. The worst that can happen is you're out a little more money, but you have peace of mind.
I'm deciding between 2 schools and I still don't have financial aid info for one. I called the fin aid office but they are not answering their phone.
From what I understand a lot of schools don't offer aid until after May 15.
From what I understand a lot of schools don't offer aid until after May 15.
from what I know, a lot of people from the school I'm talking about already got their financial aid. For me that's either a really good or a really bad sign.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why can't we hold multiple acceptances until we get Fin Aid info?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 935