-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
May 2014 MCATers United
Started by TheAnonymous
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Kaplan Section Tests? Online course?
I need to compare my scores to someone !!
I don't get a chance to study for Verbal and I hate myself !!! I'll regret it when I end up with a 5 on that section!
It's not an online course.These are few practice kaplan VR pdf files I received from a friend of mine. These tests seems way too hard, especially the "infer to the passage" question.
you do have more than 3 months....cause each month on avg is 30 days, 30 x 3 = 90, 114 -90 = 24 extra days. lolI wish I had more than 3 months... 114 days til May 31!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well he is much more interactive when he teaches so you are very engaged than khan academy where you don't see him and there are no students. He asks questions which helps you comprehend better. he also gives you shortcuts which is needed for the mcat. So what i do is watch his video first then read tbr.Explain to my why it is good please lol...I mean in comparison to Khanacademy. I know it might not as specific as that of Chad's like @TheAnonymous said before 🙁
Oh i see. I like how TBR gives you more tricks and shortcuts.Well he is much more interactive when he teaches so you are very engaged than khan academy where you don't see him and there are no students. He asks questions which helps you comprehend better. he also gives you shortcuts which is needed for the mcat. So what i do is watch his video first then read tbr.
(me & organic)
Honestly, i dont know if we gonna see that many orgo on the test.
Honestly, i dont know if we gonna see that many orgo on the test.
I can't get any correct, even one passage can screw me over

Anyone here took Kaplan Diagnostic Exam?
I'm gonna finish organic in 3 days and do the diagnostic MCAT before starting studying for the other sciences to see where I am at right now (I'm also tired of just doing content)
I'm gonna finish organic in 3 days and do the diagnostic MCAT before starting studying for the other sciences to see where I am at right now (I'm also tired of just doing content)
Why do you think that is?I can't get any correct, even one passage can screw me over![]()
I took it and i got like 73% lol it should be free!Anyone here took Kaplan Diagnostic Exam?
I'm gonna finish organic in 3 days and do the diagnostic MCAT before starting studying for the other sciences to see where I am at right now (I'm also tired of just doing content)
I took it and i got like 73% lol it should be free!
73% ? avg in all sciences? wow that's pretty good ...
don't they give scaled scores? like out of 15 ...?
oh, i dont know. I did not take the freaking long diagnostic one. I took the shorter one. Verbal got me though lol
oh the one I'm referring to is an actual FL that kaplan offers for free...
oh no hahaha, i thought it doesnt help but gonna freak me out even more so nahoh the one I'm referring to is an actual FL that kaplan offers for free...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Honestly, i dont know if we gonna see that many orgo on the test.
hahaha you'll be damned if you say that...
I had 3 orgo passages and 6 discrete orgo passages...so if I were you, I would study this subject well enough
I took the test as a practice run last year, very last day, i got 7 stand alone questions and that was it. Nothing else. 🙂hahaha you'll be damned if you say that...
I had 3 orgo passages and 6 discrete orgo passages...so if I were you, I would study this subject well enough
hahaha you'll be damned if you say that...
I had 3 orgo passages and 6 discrete orgo passages...so if I were you, I would study this subject well enough
Hey, how did those passages go? were they really difficult? Which book did you use to study for Orgo?
Thanks for the heads up by the way, I really appreciate it
That's also the reason why i don't want to forgo tbr because they help you so much even with calculations and such. Before you know it, you are a pro at doing calculations. The only thing is i get very intimidated by it so i have to watch something or read something else first to get a feel of what i'm about to embark on.Oh i see. I like how TBR gives you more tricks and shortcuts.
I did last october before i started reviewing, it was bad very bad. I got in the teens enough said.Anyone here took Kaplan Diagnostic Exam?
I'm gonna finish organic in 3 days and do the diagnostic MCAT before starting studying for the other sciences to see where I am at right now (I'm also tired of just doing content)
Wait you did all the assessment tests?oh, i dont know. I did not take the freaking long diagnostic one. I took the shorter one. Verbal got me though lol
Anyone here took Kaplan Diagnostic Exam?
I'm gonna finish organic in 3 days and do the diagnostic MCAT before starting studying for the other sciences to see where I am at right now (I'm also tired of just doing content)
I've just finished 3 chapters physics ,,, I'll finish some school work this morning till noon (which is almost noon & haven't done so much for school work yet) ,, then I'll take the diagnostic ,, I don't find it helpful as I haven't done that much reviewing content but I want to see their study plan for me ,,, & they can't give you a study plan without the diagnostic & science assessment ,,, I'm planning in doing them this afternoon as I don't have classes today! Hope tomorrow's class will be cancelled so I have 2 days off & more study time!
I have a Saturday class, so I don't have a real weekend ,,, I only have Thursdays and Sundays off ,,, I don't know why I feel I can be more productive in 2 consecutive days off rather than 2 days off scattered through the week!
you do have more than 3 months....cause each month on avg is 30 days, 30 x 3 = 90, 114 -90 = 24 extra days. lol
Yeah yeah, technicalities 🙂 subtract a few of those for vacations (going to ski at Breckenridge and going to Portugal yayyy!)
How many of you are doing the 31st? When will we get our scores back for that, June or July?
true ! I'm almost done with Orgo (will spend the next 2-3 days reviewing my notes), I'm going to start Physics on Monday!
Wow you're done with orgo? Nice!!true ! I'm almost done with Orgo (will spend the next 2-3 days reviewing my notes), I'm going to start Physics on Monday!
Lol! Fancy pants there. A month. Normally end of June. Should be a list that tells you when it's released.Yeah yeah, technicalities 🙂 subtract a few of those for vacations (going to ski at Breckenridge and going to Portugal yayyy!)
How many of you are doing the 31st? When will we get our scores back for that, June or July?
Wow you're done with orgo? Nice!!
Almost ! (one more chapter, but I'm more familiar with these lab techniques, so should be quicker) -- not that I have understood/memorized everything but at least I have went through those TBR Orgo books once !! fed up with orgo! Sigh...
true ! I'm almost done with Orgo (will spend the next 2-3 days reviewing my notes), I'm going to start Physics on Monday!
No fair....
No fair....
lol why
because you make us feel like slackers....which is the truth that we have been trying so vert hard to deny lollol why
because you make us feel like slackers....which is the truth that we have been trying so vert hard to deny lol
lol but all I've done is to read TBR Orgo books + zero practice passages ! I haven't touched physics/bio/gchem ... I thought I'm very behind ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you are?!!?lol but all I've done is to read TBR Orgo books + zero practice passages ! I haven't touched physics/bio/gchem ... I thought I'm very behind ?
you are?!!?
yeah cuz I will be done with content by Mid-March and 0 practice passages... lol
thanks for the motivation bud,
hows studying going? how far are you?
hows studying going? how far are you?
yo get off this forum and go study right nowI am at ochem 1, i got all other subjects done with chapter 1 lol

yo i work fulltime and I do study....
that's tough man I understand
yo i work fulltime and I do study....
I feel your pain....
How are you all staying same while studying/working consumes your life? I spent lots of time with my doggy. He cheers me up. He's also horribly distracting haha
i dont, i go MIA for a while and then resurface again....lol what breed?I feel your pain....
How are you all staying same while studying/working consumes your life? I spent lots of time with my doggy. He cheers me up. He's also horribly distracting haha
idk honestly i can only imagine mid april when most of us are done with content, that's really when our sanity will be tested. I'm already falling ill...I guess i try to make sure i still watch tv and movies (my favorite things to do). That keeps me sane i guess.I feel your pain....
How are you all staying same while studying/working consumes your life? I spent lots of time with my doggy. He cheers me up. He's also horribly distracting haha
i dont, i go MIA for a while and then resurface again....lol what breed?
He's a mutt 🙂 I got him from the shelter last December. They think he's a shepherd mix. I also have a kitty that I try to cuddle with haha.
And man, I haven't watched tv/movies in ages! It is REALLY bad that 24 is coming on in May, like really bad.
I also got a new bunch of markers to make my notes pretty so I guess that helps with the motivation 🙂
Unfortunately i'm not allowed to have pets smh.He's a mutt 🙂 I got him from the shelter last December. They think he's a shepherd mix. I also have a kitty that I try to cuddle with haha.
And man, I haven't watched tv/movies in ages! It is REALLY bad that 24 is coming on in May, like really bad.
I also got a new bunch of markers to make my notes pretty so I guess that helps with the motivation 🙂
Scandal comes on this feb; No bueno. I guess i'll just use it as a treat after studying so that way it motivates me to study. No studying=No tv/movies
Unfortunately i'm not allowed to have pets smh.
Scandal comes on this feb; No bueno. I guess i'll just use it as a treat after studying so that way it motivates me to study. No studying=No tv/movies
Haha I tried to motivate myself by saying I would get my nails done if I woke up at 5am all week but didn't work. Baby steps I guess.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
about to sign up soon to take the May 17th exam and just got all my SN2ed books in the mail, and kinda pumped to start studying. Probs 5 hours a day over the next 99 days so I hope that works. It's been long since I've taken any of the pre-reqs so it'll be like starting from zero. WE CAN DO IT! WE CAN DO IT!!!
how's the sn2ed study plan going for you? i'm just about to start itMay 17th. I'm doing the 3 month SN2ed plan.
Hows studying going guys? It was a very bad day for me, hopefully can get some work done tomorrow ! I feel like I didn't retain **** from Orgo LOL (about to shoot myself in the leg)
Hows studying going guys? It was a very bad day for me, hopefully can get some work done tomorrow ! I feel like I didn't retain **** from Orgo LOL (about to shoot myself in the leg)
Did a gen chem chapter in TPR 🙂 I was doing Berkeley review first and while it was great information it was really dense and took me forever to read. TPR is easier and quicker to read for me, so gonna do TPR now and then practice problems out if TBR and if I need more details use the TBR books. I also have the EK series
I think tomorrow I'll do a physics chapter and then do practice problems for what I've gone over, and an EK 101 passage.
Indeed ! TPR takes significantly less time ...
How's EK101? I'm struggling with VR so much
How's EK101? I'm struggling with VR so much
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K
****
(me & organic)
. I wish i could just dive right into just doing passages but content is necessary.