-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
May 2014 MCATers United
Started by TheAnonymous
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i say do more than one...cause you'll forgetChapter 2 and 3 were the easiest ones for me... but then again, I suck at Orgo.
My initial plan was to start Physics/Gchem/Bio all together in 7 days but I think I might just do one subject / time.
Physics is next !
i know i know

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i say do more than one...cause you'll forget
I don't feel like doing Gchem (ive been spending weeks JUST on orgo) .. so I might do Physics + Bio ? 😀
I don't feel like doing Gchem (ive been spending weeks JUST on orgo) .. so I might do Physics + Bio ? 😀













Anyone else agree that the content review phase is the most boring phase for us MCATers?
I just want to be done with content !!
~45 more days... 🤔
I just want to be done with content !!
~45 more days... 🤔
Anyone else agree that the content review phase is the most boring phase for us MCATers?
I just want to be done with content !!
~45 more days... 🤔


Chapter 2 and 3 were the easiest ones for me... but then again, I suck at Orgo.
My initial plan was to start Physics/Gchem/Bio all together in 7 days but I think I might just do one subject / time.
Physics is next !
Ya, chapter 1-3 look easy. I like the first half of Ochem. Other half is another story
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you call or email because i literally called them like 3 days ago to use my higher score guaranteed retake and they immediately activated it for me again. I think calling is better.
I called & they told me that I exceeded my limited time for re-activating my account. My course was on 2012 ,, I took the MCAT on June 2012 ,,, I emailed them & explained why I had to wait all of this time to re-take the test as I was not in the U.S. and the test is not offered in my home country & now when I'm back to the U.S. ,, I can take the test & ready to prep for it, so I need my higher score guarantee activation,,, they finally replied few hours ago & said they made an exception for me & will activate my account I just need to choose a class ,,,, I called them & chose the one on Demand as the classroom where just a waste of time when I took the course. ,,, I should have access tomorrow 🙂
Oh well that's good news! I also registered for the on demand too since i think classroom is def a waste of time. But quite frankly i'm only using it for fls, and the topical tests as well as their section tests. I don't think i like their books at all.I called & they told me that I exceeded my limited time for re-activating my account. My course was on 2012 ,, I took the MCAT on June 2012 ,,, I emailed them & explained why I had to wait all of this time to re-take the test as I was not in the U.S. and the test is not offered in my home country & now when I'm back to the U.S. ,, I can take the test & ready to prep for it, so I need my higher score guarantee activation,,, they finally replied few hours ago & said they made an exception for me & will activate my account I just need to choose a class ,,,, I called them & chose the one on Demand as the classroom where just a waste of time when I took the course. ,,, I should have access tomorrow 🙂
Oh well that's good news! I also registered for the on demand too since i think classroom is def a waste of time. But quite frankly i'm only using it for fls, and the topical tests as well as their section tests. I don't think i like their books at all.
Do you guys watch their lectures on demand??
I want to be done too! it just seems like such a waste of time. I can't wait until i'm just focusing on passages. Even though all I've accomplished thus far is 2 chapters of gen chem. 3rd chapter tomorrow! I'm excited almost done. NOT!Anyone else agree that the content review phase is the most boring phase for us MCATers?
I just want to be done with content !!
~45 more days... 🤔
I want to be done too! it just seems like such a waste of time. I can't wait until i'm just focusing on passages. Even though all I've accomplished thus far is 2 chapters of gen chem. 3rd chapter tomorrow! I'm excited almost done. NOT!
Same... I'm almost done with Ochem, but then 3 subjects that I haven't even touched !! I look forward to taking FLs
I really don't, i actually have to check it out but right now i'll focus on chad's videos because i like how he explains stuff, i don't want to complicate my life with kaplan videos.Do you guys watch their lectures on demand??
I really don't, i actually have to check it out but right now i'll focus on chad's videos because i like how he explains stuff, i don't want to complicate my life with kaplan videos.
Chad is awesome but incomplete and sometimes skips over some stuff..... and Kaplan lectures do MCAT passages..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I envy you, i can't wait to be done with atleast one subject. I'm not going to go into as much details with content on orgo and bio as i am on ps, i'll just skim and then focus on passages. I have so many passages and i want to get through all, i have tprh, tbr, kaplan.Same... I'm almost done with Ochem, but then 3 subjects that I haven't even touched !! I look forward to taking FLs
They do? hmm i guess i'll check them out. Do you use them?Chad is awesome but incomplete and sometimes skips over some stuff..... and Kaplan lectures do MCAT passages..
I envy you, i can't wait to be done with atleast one subject. I'm not going to go into as much details with content on orgo and bio as i am on ps, i'll just skim and then focus on passages. I have so many passages and i want to get through all, i have tprh, tbr, kaplan.
They do? hmm i guess i'll check them out. Do you use them?
not yet! but I think I will watch the Orgo ones (since it's my weakest of all) ... they go over the Lesson Book which came with the course, so to save time, you can just go through that book yourself without watching the videos
Oh well that's good news! I also registered for the on demand too since i think classroom is def a waste of time. But quite frankly i'm only using it for fls, and the topical tests as well as their section tests. I don't think i like their books at all.
I was comparing TBR with Kaplan books ,,, they are covering the same material ,,, well, I only looked at TBR physics 1 & compared it to what I have covered so far in Kaplan physics (we only have one book!) and it has 12 chapters ,, I'm almost done with chapter 3 now ,,,, I'm not sure why everyone doesn't like Kaplan's books ,, they are colorful and appealing to the eye!
My undergrad major was in bio with a minor in chem ,,, so I have a good science background, but doesn't mean I'm perfect, there are some concepts that I needed to understand but the rest of the stuff is just kind of a review for me & memorizing equations as I haven't done so in my undergrad ,,, for my both phys classes we were given formula sheet in all tests & quizzes!
3655 ,,, why you don't like their books?? Do you find them not helpful in teaching from scratch or not covering everything you need to know for the test?
I compared TPR with TBR ....... TBR is much much more detailed ! Is that good? I don't know !
I can go through a chapter in TPR in 1.5 hour but 1 TBR chapter takes me 6 hours ....
I think TBR is a bit overrated. A lot of people recommend TBR because of the number passages that come with the book. TPR has like 15 questions after each chapter and TBR has 115 ! But when it comes to content review and how well they present the stuff...
Same thing with Kaplan! I think they are underrated, they are much better than what I thought
I can go through a chapter in TPR in 1.5 hour but 1 TBR chapter takes me 6 hours ....
I think TBR is a bit overrated. A lot of people recommend TBR because of the number passages that come with the book. TPR has like 15 questions after each chapter and TBR has 115 ! But when it comes to content review and how well they present the stuff...
Same thing with Kaplan! I think they are underrated, they are much better than what I thought
I'm just looking at the orgo books and it's like 40 pages per chapternot yet! but I think I will watch the Orgo ones (since it's my weakest of all) ... they go over the Lesson Book which came with the course, so to save time, you can just go through that book yourself without watching the videos
Honestly, i just heard it sucks so i don't want to waste my time looking at them but now that you guys are saying this i might give it a try especially for orgo since i don't want to spend hours upon hours doing content.I was comparing TBR with Kaplan books ,,, they are covering the same material ,,, well, I only looked at TBR physics 1 & compared it to what I have covered so far in Kaplan physics (we only have one book!) and it has 12 chapters ,, I'm almost done with chapter 3 now ,,,, I'm not sure why everyone doesn't like Kaplan's books ,, they are colorful and appealing to the eye!
My undergrad major was in bio with a minor in chem ,,, so I have a good science background, but doesn't mean I'm perfect, there are some concepts that I needed to understand but the rest of the stuff is just kind of a review for me & memorizing equations as I haven't done so in my undergrad ,,, for my both phys classes we were given formula sheet in all tests & quizzes!
3655 ,,, why you don't like their books?? Do you find them not helpful in teaching from scratch or not covering everything you need to know for the test?
Oh gosh so many opinions i feel stuck now. I thought i had it all figured out. But i think for ps, i'm def sticking to tbr and then bs i might try kaplan book for orgo and ek for bio. Has anyone started bio? which book are you guys going to use?I think the passages in tbr are tailored to the presenting info. So I don't know, I like TBr better lol
How long do you spend on a day of sn2ed's schedule? I'm trying my best to do it during the work week but I keep falling way behind... I work 12 and 14 hour shifts. I was thinking about changing my approach and studying high yield topics and doing practice problems that relate to them, just because I feel like I'm trying too hard to focus in a day of sn2ed's schedule instead of focusing on really learning stuff. Also trying to convince myself to get up at 5 before starting my 14 hour work day at 9... ughhh...
Yea i'm not following sn2ed (it's great though if someone can). I'm just juggling a lot right now to follow it precisely. I spend 4 hours a day and like you said i'm focusing on high yield. For gen chem i went straight to equilibrium chapter and acids and bases, i'll also do buffers and titration, thermo and elctrochemistry and the rest i'm just going to watch chad's videos. And then hammer in on passages. So you have to do what works best for you.How long do you spend on a day of sn2ed's schedule? I'm trying my best to do it during the work week but I keep falling way behind... I work 12 and 14 hour shifts. I was thinking about changing my approach and studying high yield topics and doing practice problems that relate to them, just because I feel like I'm trying too hard to focus in a day of sn2ed's schedule instead of focusing on really learning stuff. Also trying to convince myself to get up at 5 before starting my 14 hour work day at 9... ughhh...
I wish I could!!! It's an awesome schedule that would probably work pretty well.......... if I had like 8 hours a day to study. I'm also traveling this month and next month to keep my sanity. I think I may try to do the high yield stuff and make study guides for each topic so I can take those and study while at work (I do patient transport/911 so sometimes have a spare moment to actually get work done). So I think maybe try to do content review throughout the week and then do practice questions over the weekend when I don't have to work? Would that be worse than doing practice right after content review? It's hard to focus on practice questions at work since I never know when I have to get up and go on a call. Do you all know where to find a list of high yield stuff?
Where does one find chad and his videos? I'm "following" sn2 but man oh man I need a break from reading...
I think one has to pay to Chad and his videos. I believe you pay 115 for 90 days or something like that. I might be wrong, but one should check out www.khanacademy.orgWhere does one find chad and his videos? I'm "following" sn2 but man oh man I need a break from reading...
Honestly the big advantage with Chad is that his videos are MCAT-specific. Otherwise you can just look up specific topics using KhanAcademy and bunch of others and save that $100 or something
I wish I could!!! It's an awesome schedule that would probably work pretty well.......... if I had like 8 hours a day to study. I'm also traveling this month and next month to keep my sanity. I think I may try to do the high yield stuff and make study guides for each topic so I can take those and study while at work (I do patient transport/911 so sometimes have a spare moment to actually get work done). So I think maybe try to do content review throughout the week and then do practice questions over the weekend when I don't have to work? Would that be worse than doing practice right after content review? It's hard to focus on practice questions at work since I never know when I have to get up and go on a call. Do you all know where to find a list of high yield stuff?
I remember there was a thread about the High Yield List, will post it once I find it
LOL explain this son https://www.khanacademy.org/science/mcatHonestly the big advantage with Chad is that his videos are MCAT-specific. Otherwise you can just look up specific topics using KhanAcademy and bunch of others and save that $100 or something

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOL explain this son https://www.khanacademy.org/science/mcat![]()
yo this is so incomplete in my opinion
ohhhhh are Chad's videos better? I bit my tongue lol sorry 😕yo this is so incomplete in my opinion
It's coursesaver.com. I think it like 50 bucks for 30 days and it goes up from there. People suggest khan academy or freelance-teacher.com who i personally love but his videos are so long and aren't mcat specific. So like @TheAnonymous said chad's videos are mcat specific so i use them for easier chapters only for gen chem tho not for physics or bio. I want to try it for orgo but i'm not sure what i will do yet. But just check it out.Where does one find chad and his videos? I'm "following" sn2 but man oh man I need a break from reading...
Yes since I was having SO MUCH difficulty with orgo, I thought I might as well just spare another 50$ and see if this guy can help me with Orgo
did it help?Yes since I was having SO MUCH difficulty with orgo, I thought I might as well just spare another 50$ and see if this guy can help me with Orgo
did it help?
Definitely!
TBR + Chad's = awesomeness
But only if you need that extra help
Explain to my why it is good please lol...I mean in comparison to Khanacademy. I know it might not as specific as that of Chad's like @TheAnonymous said before 🙁Yes i think it's very good if you are having trouble with any particular topic.
Is it only me or do u guys also think Kaplan's verbal tests are really hard? So far, I have taken two of them and scored really low.Some feedback will be highly appreciated 🙂
Is it only me or do u guys also think Kaplan's verbal tests are really hard? So far, I have taken two of them and scored really low.Some feedback will be highly appreciated 🙂
Kaplan Section Tests? Online course?
I need to compare my scores to someone !!
I don't get a chance to study for Verbal and I hate myself !!! I'll regret it when I end up with a 5 on that section!
Kaplan Section Tests? Online course?
I need to compare my scores to someone !!
I don't get a chance to study for Verbal and I hate myself !!! I'll regret it when I end up with a 5 on that section!
Verbal is so so so so so so easy to neglect and not practice. Don't do it! Or rather, don't NOT do it!
I compared TPR with TBR ....... TBR is much much more detailed ! Is that good? I don't know !
I can go through a chapter in TPR in 1.5 hour but 1 TBR chapter takes me 6 hours ....
I think TBR is a bit overrated. A lot of people recommend TBR because of the number passages that come with the book. TPR has like 15 questions after each chapter and TBR has 115 ! But when it comes to content review and how well they present the stuff...
Same thing with Kaplan! I think they are underrated, they are much better than what I thought
I guess Kaplan have less details than the other books ,,, which is perfect to someone with science background ,,,, I'm not going to worry anymore about using Kaplan's books as I've seen the test & I don't think they are bad for someone who is familiar with the topics and need quick reviews ,,, however, their verbal is horrible and much easier than the actual test ,,, so I'll use EK101 & TPRH for verbal & Kaplan for everything else!
I've just got access to my syllabus tonight & I'm soooo happy ,,,, they have tons of things & they improved their online resources as well!! they have their flashcards online & you can download them to your phone!
agreeed ^I guess Kaplan have less details than the other books ,,, which is perfect to someone with science background ,,,, I'm not going to worry anymore about using Kaplan's books as I've seen the test & I don't think they are bad for someone who is familiar with the topics and need quick reviews ,,, however, their verbal is horrible and much easier than the actual test ,,, so I'll use EK101 & TPRH for verbal & Kaplan for everything else!
I've just got access to my syllabus tonight & I'm soooo happy ,,,, they have tons of things & they improved their online resources as well!! they have their flashcards online & you can download them to your phone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Verbal is so so so so so so easy to neglect and not practice. Don't do it! Or rather, don't NOT do it!
This is so true... everyday I come form work, or didn't sleep enough, or I'm behind in sciences, I skip verbal and it's my weakest section of all (avg=6/7)
it's so easy to forget about verbal cause there is no progress, there is no chapter to read, you can't see how much you have done.......
I hate myself for doing that cause I'm sure I will regret it
My mom while I was talking to her about the MCAT - "Does everyone study that hard for those tests? It seems inhumane" hahaha
What are you all using to study biology? I'm thinking about TPR. I know sn2ed suggests Examkrackers, but I feel like TPR is a little bit more detailed without being overkill like TBR.
What are you all using to study biology? I'm thinking about TPR. I know sn2ed suggests Examkrackers, but I feel like TPR is a little bit more detailed without being overkill like TBR.
My mom while I was talking to her about the MCAT - "Does everyone study that hard for those tests? It seems inhumane" hahaha
What are you all using to study biology? I'm thinking about TPR. I know sn2ed suggests Examkrackers, but I feel like TPR is a little bit more detailed without being overkill like TBR.
lol my mom --> write DAT and become a dentist 🙂)
I haven't started but I will most likely use TPR ... still stuck on Orgo ! LOL
My mom while I was talking to her about the MCAT - "Does everyone study that hard for those tests? It seems inhumane" hahaha
What are you all using to study biology? I'm thinking about TPR. I know sn2ed suggests Examkrackers, but I feel like TPR is a little bit more detailed without being overkill like TBR.
hahahaha my mom thinks I'm losing my mind and being harsh on myself to start studying 3 months ahead!
I wish I had more than 3 months... 114 days til May 31!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K
