May 2016 DAT Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DATanimelover

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to know if my scores are good enough to get into any dental school, I was kind of disappointed because of my low science scores, I thought I would do better in them then in the PAT and RC, haha other way around, and I was a Bio major :wtf:
My gpa, off the top of my head sGPA 3.6 <-- something like that, I think, and overall 3.64. While I was in school for 3 years I didn't have a car due to family reasons and money reasons, so I always had to ask my friends so I was limited in what I could do, but I do have research experience for 2 years and I volunteered at a hospital (100+ hrs) and other things needed for the application. just not as much as others. So I am a bit worried, now I do have a car, even thought it may be to late lol.

So is my scores okay?
PAT: 22
QR: 20
RC: 22
Bio: 20
G.chem: 20
O.chem: 22
TS: 21
AA: 21

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Those are awesome scores! Don't let SDN fool you into thinking they're not good enough, SDN attracts a lot of overachievers who post a lot (like myself :D) and make it seem like 26s are the norm. A 21 AA is a very good score, I'd recommend taking a look at the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools and seeing how your scores compare with the averages for the dental schools you want to apply to. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Congratulations!

Those are awesome scores! Don't let SDN fool you into thinking they're not good enough, SDN attracts a lot of overachievers who post a lot (like myself :D) and make it seem like 26s are the norm. A 21 AA is a very good score, I'd recommend taking a look at the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools and seeing how your scores compare with the averages for the dental schools you want to apply to. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Congratulations!

Thank you Ari! I wa a bit worried when I saw my score, Bootcamp helped me a lot! I was scoring 17-18 on the PAT and 17 on the QR and the practice tests really helped me, esp with the RC also :D

Those scores are great! Consistent across the board. Only on SDN do you have people doubt 21 scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to know if my scores are good enough to get into any dental school, I was kind of disappointed because of my low science scores, I thought I would do better in them then in the PAT and RC, haha other way around, and I was a Bio major :wtf:
My gpa, off the top of my head sGPA 3.6 <-- something like that, I think, and overall 3.64. While I was in school for 3 years I didn't have a car due to family reasons and money reasons, so I always had to ask my friends so I was limited in what I could do, but I do have research experience for 2 years and I volunteered at a hospital (100+ hrs) and other things needed for the application. just not as much as others. So I am a bit worried, now I do have a car, even thought it may be to late lol.

So is my scores okay?
PAT: 22
QR: 20
RC: 22
Bio: 20
G.chem: 20
O.chem: 22
TS: 21
AA: 21
:clap::clap:Congratulations! Excellent scores and GPA. Dental schools love consistent scores! I see no reason you would not get interviews and acceptances at a lot of dental schools. Make sure you have a strong personal statement and with these scores /GPA you should have no problems.

BTW, you aren't the first Bio major who was not happy with their Bio score, the Bio on the DAT is very random.

Wishing you the best!

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy

Last edited:
:clap::clap:Congratulations! Excellent scores and GPA. Dental schools love consistent scores! I see no reason you would not get interviews and acceptances at a lot of dental schools. Make sure you have a strong personal statement and with these scores /GPA you should have no problems.

BTW, you aren't the first Bio major who was not happy with their Bio score, the Bio on the DAT is very random.

Wishing you the best!

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy
Thank you Dr. Romano your DAT destroyer/Math destroyer really helped.