mcat 2015 FL to use? Does it matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kin1662

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if it mattered what FL's you could take even though you might have prepared using different products? My university had a prep course of their own and their own FL. So I only prepared for the MCAT based off of their materials, but I want more FL's to take, so are there any suggestions as to which kinds of FL reflects AAMC's FL the best? Also, do the different prep companies vary in terms of materials covered on their FL? Thanks in advance
 
I have been using nexstep 1-5, TPR (3 of them), and a kaplan one. Taking the AAMC next week, but I personally like the TPR and nextstep. Not sure if the kaplan ones are harder or the nextstep/tpr are easier but there is a noticeable difference in my scores between the two sets (kaplans about 6-10 points lower)
 
I have been using nexstep 1-5, TPR (3 of them), and a kaplan one. Taking the AAMC next week, but I personally like the TPR and nextstep. Not sure if the kaplan ones are harder or the nextstep/tpr are easier but there is a noticeable difference in my scores between the two sets (kaplans about 6-10 points lower)

Thanks for your response! I was wondering which study materials you're using for content; if they're different from the company you're using for your practice tests, do you notice a difference in material? I guess I just want to make sure that the difference in prep doesn't matter in terms of the material or passage structures of the exam.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for your response! I was wondering which study materials you're using for content; if they're different from the company you're using for your practice tests, do you notice a difference in material? I guess I just want to make sure that the difference in prep doesn't matter in terms of the material or passage structures of the exam.

Material wise I have gone through the EK book set, and have the Nextstep bio/biochem content, and the NS practice tests books. Also watched a lot of the Khan academy videos. I am in a weird spot where because of transferring I am just now taking Organic Chem 1 as a junior, my chemistries did not transfer the right way so I had to start over, and I won't have taken biochem till next year.