This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ana543253

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the MCAT in about a month, and I was wondering if anyone could talk a little bit about how they did on the AAMC prep material (Question packs/section back/practice test) compared to the real thing. If anyone could post their percentages on the question packs and section banks along with their actual scores that would be so helpful!

Also, what practice material seemed to be the most helpful in preparing? I know AAMC would be the closest, and Kaplan's are harder compared to the real test, but have heard that AAMC's material was easier than the real test. Is this true?

Members don't see this ad.

First thing's first you might want to change your profile picture (if that's really you) to protect your anonymity

Reactions: 1 user
I am also curious about this. Because I'm taking the AAMC material, and honestly, it is waaaaaaay to easy. The passages are so short, the material is super easy, and I have like 30 extra minutes with 90% scores. The only section that was actually hard and I felt was representative of the test was the Section Bank material. That stuff was actually hard. The Biology volumes, physics, and chemistry sections (and parts of the CARS) are just so easy I don't think it's accurate.

As well, I've noticed a lot of these passages are exactly the same as the old FL tests they used to provide for the old MCAT. Except the section bank material. That was all new.

I am also curious about this. Because I'm taking the AAMC material, and honestly, it is waaaaaaay to easy. The passages are so short, the material is super easy, and I have like 30 extra minutes with 90% scores. The only section that was actually hard and I felt was representative of the test was the Section Bank material. That stuff was actually hard. The Biology volumes, physics, and chemistry sections (and parts of the CARS) are just so easy I don't think it's accurate.

As well, I've noticed a lot of these passages are exactly the same as the old FL tests they used to provide for the old MCAT. Except the section bank material. That was all new.

People tend to score very close to the scored practice test on their real exam and this test is considerably easier than the section banks. But a few passages definitely match the difficulty and yes the Q-packs are completely unrepresentative of the new exam.