MCAT = 36, but wrote it four times

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abcxwz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if I should apply to the following schools if my MCAT is 36 BUT I wrote it four times? The last four times I got the following: 29, 29, 30, 36. I plan to apply to Vanderbilt, NYU, Yale, Cornell, Columbia, Mt Sinai, Wayne State, CMS and a few others. Is it worth it? Or should I stick to lower-tiered schools ? My GPA from 1st to 4th year is 3.80, I'm currently in the 2nd year of a Masters program, and I have decent ECs.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know why you retook the MCAT. You should apply to a few top schools and mostly mid to lower tier schools.

I'm Canadian; I needed a 10 on Verbal otherwise I'm closed to a few schools in Ontario, which is why I retook the MCAT so many times. But do you think I have a chance at the above mentioned schools? Or will they discard my app because of the multiple MCATs?

I'm Canadian; I needed a 10 on Verbal otherwise I'm closed to a few schools in Ontario, which is why I retook the MCAT so many times. But do you think I have a chance at the above mentioned schools? Or will they discard my app because of the multiple MCATs?

I think being an international applicant will hurt you more than the multiple MCATs. However I would still apply to these schools, just be sure to include some less competitive schools when applying.