MCAT: AAMC Fl 1, exams in 2 weeks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mona123456

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my exam is in 2 weeks. I did all 11 TPR tests and improved my mark to get a 510. So i decided to do the AAMC FL after finishing TPR, to see where i'm at .. and my mark disappointed me a lot.
My AAMC FL1 mark is: 81%/58%/92%/85%
I still have a AAMC FL 2, CARS question pack V2, the section bank and official guide left.
I'm planning on taking the AAMC Fl 2 in exactly one week, while doing the other material in between.

I messed up by not starting the aamc material earlier.

Do i still have some hope to improve in 2 weeks?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm guessing you mean your AAMC Sample test as that does not gives scores, only percents, is what you completed? Keep in mind there is AAMC Scored FL 1 and AAMC Scored FL 2 available.

I'm guessing you mean your AAMC Sample test as that does not gives scores, only percents, is what you completed? Keep in mind there is AAMC Scored FL 1 and AAMC Scored FL 2 available.

They gave me a scaled score of: 129/122/130/127

I took the TPR course and they only gave 2 aamc exams.. am i missing something?

Members don't see this ad :)
You're solid except for CARS.. Unlucky thing about that is it's the hardest to improve and 2 weeks will not be sufficient time.

If you haven't done the 2 CARS question packs yet, keep working on those as practice until test day. Check out KoalaT's strategy and see if you find it helpful.

For psych/soc, go back and review your AAMC FL 1 and nail down the terms that you don't know, even if it's not the correct answer. That's the easiest way to bring up that score. Good luck!

For CARS, focus on your strategy, not so much on the material. Make sure you aren't reading too slowly to "memorize" all the little details. Same goes for reading too fast and missing important main ideas.

The questions for CARS are pretty much the same each time. They focus on main idea, author's purpose, improving/challenging the author's argument, etc. Narrow down which types of questions you are getting wrong and practice those.

Jot down a brief phrase or two for each paragraph and use this outline when answering questions. (This method doesn't work for everyone, but it did help me during my sitting).

If you haven't done the 2 CARS question packs yet, keep working on those as practice until test day. Check out KoalaT's strategy and see if you find it helpful.

For psych/soc, go back and review your AAMC FL 1 and nail down the terms that you don't know, even if it's not the correct answer. That's the easiest way to bring up that score. Good luck!
Thank you!

For CARS, focus on your strategy, not so much on the material. Make sure you aren't reading too slowly to "memorize" all the little details. Same goes for reading too fast and missing important main ideas.

The questions for CARS are pretty much the same each time. They focus on main idea, author's purpose, improving/challenging the author's argument, etc. Narrow down which types of questions you are getting wrong and practice those.

Jot down a brief phrase or two for each paragraph and use this outline when answering questions. (This method doesn't work for everyone, but it did help me during my sitting).

I went over my exam, and realized i wasted too much time on the harder-type passages and missed the easy/more interesting passages because i ran out of time. I actually practiced a couple of passages using your advice with writing a brief sentence for each paragraph, and found that i'm doing MUCH better. I just hope i can stay on time though.
Thank you! Hopefully i have shot on the actual exam..