MCAT Before Prereqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Can I get a 31?

• Yes

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • No

Votes: 58 78.4%

• Total voters
?

Members don't see this ad.

Every time I take a practice test I get around 50% right. I have around a 3.7 GPA right now when I will be applying. I spoke with some schools and they said that they put students cgpa on their stats not when they get accepted but instead when they graduate. If that's the case I can get it in the 3.8 range (Harvard) so all I need is a passible MCAT. I would cry if I got a 33.
So you're currently scoring ~50th %ile on practice exams? This translates to about a 499 (or in the context of the old MCAT, a 25).

Consider if that's a score you want.

The polls don't lie people. More than one person says it's possible. I'm doing it.

Members don't see this ad :)
So you're currently scoring ~50th %ile on practice exams? This translates to about a 499 (or in the context of the old MCAT, a 25).

Consider if that's a score you want.
I just ordered a seven book Princeton MCAT prep book. When I was taking my Biology CLEP practice tests I would score about 10% and bumped it up to close to 50% after I studied for three months. Imagine what I can do by working like an elementary school teacher and teaching TO THE TEST. They leak the students the answers and they still fail but some pass.

:thumbup:
I would never risk my career like that. This just proves you make poor decisions.

I just ordered a seven book Princeton MCAT prep book. When I was taking my Biology CLEP practice tests I would score about 10% and bumped it up to close to 50% after I studied for three months. Imagine what I can do by working like an elementary school teacher and teaching TO THE TEST. They leak the students the answers and they still fail but some pass.

Good luck.

:thumbup:
I would never risk my career like that. This just proves you make poor decisions.
I'm not even giving the career a chance if I don't attack when I am in striking distance. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

I am taking the MCAT after I take Chem in the summer and I will take BIO OChem and Physics in the Fall and Spring. Done? Maybe?
???
Not done. No.
I'm already 25 and I'm not getting any younger. So I will take Chem in the summer and Physics Ochem and Bio in the Fall and again in the Spring. Leaving the summer of next year for any extra classes that are required but not the main MD classes (ie. Math, Biochem, Genetics.) I am not a Science major so I have to go out of my way to take these classes in some sense when considering that I will graduate with about 150 credits.
So what? I'm 31 and matriculating in August at 32 years old. I didn't even make the decision to pursue med school until I was 23 and applied with >200 credits. 25 and 150 credits is not an issue.
And taking the MCAT before you've had biochem is either stupid or self-sabotage.

Every time I take a practice test I get around 50% right. I have around a 3.7 GPA right now when I will be applying. I spoke with some schools and they said that they put students cgpa on their stats not when they get accepted but instead when they graduate. If that's the case I can get it in the 3.8 range (Harvard) so all I need is a passible MCAT. I would cry if I got a 33.
So clearly you're not at all ready to take the MCAT, because 1) you're scoring low on the practice tests and 2) you don't even know how the current MCAT is formatted. There is no 33 score anymore.The final percentile rank for a 33 score was 91st %ile. A 91st %ile on the current MCAT would be a 513(90th %ile) - 514(92nd %ile).

And it doesn't matter how schools report their final matriculant data. You're still going to be judged on the numbers you enter into AMCAS.

Reactions: 1 user
Because random people saying it on the internet totally makes it correct, right?
:rolleyes:
But it was just a control test with no studying. Imagine what I could do with 3-4 months of studying under my belt.

I live in RI and have have a lot of family in NY (Dominican so you can imagine haha) and they're 15 medical schools in NY alone not counting MA or CT or other states with high probability medical schools since I plan on applying to 30 schools. I am playing by probability not for glory. I don't need to go to an MD school or have a stellar MCAT. 50 percentile MCAT with my 3.7ish GPA (or 3.8 by graduation) gives me about an 80% chance considering the AAMC acceptance rate charts. Like Lil Wayne said " I don't want the glow, I want the glory." or "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Its easy to shoot a fish in a barrel?" etc.?
Because random people saying it on the internet totally makes it correct, right?
:rolleyes:

I live in RI and have have a lot of family in NY (Dominican so you can imagine haha) and they're 15 medical schools in NY alone not counting MA or CT or other states with high probability medical schools since I plan on applying to 30 schools. I am playing by probability not for glory. I don't need to go to an MD school or have a stellar MCAT. 50 percentile MCAT with my 3.7ish GPA (or 3.8 by graduation) gives me about an 80% chance considering the AAMC acceptance rate charts. Like Lil Wayne said " I don't want the glow, I want the glory." or "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Its easy to shoot a fish in a barrel?" etc.?
I think you're overestimating a bit. For latinos with a 50%ile MCAT in combination with a 3.7 the acceptance rate has been around 50%.

-starts another thread about how to half-ass his entire career

-Continues with hiz fantasy despite good advice (and strong poll result)

-Gets a good post showing he may not really understand the MCAT - tells user f*ck you

C'mon man. Why are you still here?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Last edited by a moderator:
-starts another thread about how to half-ass his entire career

-Continues with hiz fantasy despite good advice (and strong poll result)

-Gets a good post showing he may not really understand the MCAT - tells user f*ck you

C'mon man. Why are you still here?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
You guys act like you don't want to be doctors or something. I just got flagged so I will just drop it. NO LONGER POSTING TO THIS THREAD

I took it without biochem, sociology, or finishing the bio series and did fine just with the prep books and khan academy (512).