MCAT Canceled

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stressed student024

Reaction score
My MCAT on the 27th has been canceled. I saw that the April 4th test has been canceled too. I was able to reschedule for May 9th, but I am seeing on twitter that some people are getting their tests canceled as late as May 16th by their testing centers, so my hopes are not high. I am insanely frustrated. I, like many of you, have been studying for months and sacrificing a lot for this test. In addition, I am worried that this is going to force me to push off applying for a year. I know that COVID-19 is serious and that there are significantly bigger concerns than a girl and her MCAT, but man, this really sucks. Guess I am just seeing if anyone is in the same boat as me at this point. I really am worrying about not being able to apply anymore.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Aren't you a "practicing doctor" who is talking about the MCAT? Whether someone asks them about the MCAT at SDN or somewhere else, I'm not sure it matters. I appreciate their opinions the same. Your opinion is different than other opinions I've heard, and that's okay. I'm sorry if you are hurt that people like me seek multiple opinions. But I will say that when you describe me and my peers using words like "clueless" and "petulant", I'm not as inclined to weigh your opinion as highly.
'You are welcome to do as you wish. But given that you are not even a med student yet, it would be wise for you to listen to someone else's thoughts and opinions - who has gone through the whole process. Or you can continue in your own thoughts without taking anyone else's opinions into account.
You are an adult and as such you can do what you wish. It will be a hard road for you if you always think you know best.Good luck.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Sorry I should have worded better. I understand that when you sign up for one it'll pull you out of your previous. But what I meant to ask is when I reschedule, will I have too pull out of my current and be unregistered completely for a period of time to be able sign up for the next date? Or does it save my date, and then if I can't reschedule a June 15th date before it fills up I keep my previous test date?
I believe that you can hold the current date until you reschedule, at which point the old date will be cancelled

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry I should have worded better. I understand that when you sign up for one it'll pull you out of your previous. But what I meant to ask is when I reschedule, will I have too pull out of my current and be unregistered completely for a period of time to be able sign up for the next date? Or does it save my date, and then if I can't reschedule a June 15th date before it fills up I keep my previous test date?
No, it's like any other reschedule. You don't lose your existing appointment until you confirm your new one. You get lots of chances to abort the process before completion if you can't get the new date/location you want (and now you'll be able to add time to that mix!).

Reactions: 1 user