MCAT in a week and a half but I haven't reached goal score yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted930626

Hi!

So last week I took the AAMC Sample test. After using the score conversion I calculated that I got a 500.
123 C/P
128 Cars
123 BB
126 P/S

I just took the AAMC FL2 (exactly 1 week later after spending 7 days reviewing content that I got wrong on the sample test) and got a 504.
125 C/P
128 Cars
124 BB
127 P/S

Basically, I went up 4 points in just one week (mostly because of better content review).

I really don't want to postpone my test but I need some tough love. Is it reasonable to try to go up another 4 points within a week?
My test date is 6/28 (in 12 days). I was aiming for a 510 but I'd be fine with a 508.

Members don't see this ad.

Wait and take it later. It sounds like you can still make significant gains with more content review. The MCAT makes such a difference in this process that I guarantee you’ll be glad you took the time.

I would say it's possible you could reach your goal, but I want to recommend to postpone, because with yours CARS score where it is already, you could be in line to score really high on the exam. The other sections are definitely ones that you just tend to get better at with more practice, whereas in my experience, CARS doesn't always see linear improvement. So the fact that your CARS is already so solid, that means that spending a bit more time on the other sections can allow for a pretty drastic improvement in your overall score. I hope that helps and keep up the good work!! Reach out if you have any other questions at all.