MCAT Physics Edge By Kaplan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RphToMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a nontrad, and it has been over 17years since I last looked at physics. I am considering the MCAT Physics Edge; its an online program. What do u guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a nontrad, and it has been over 17years since I last looked at physics. I am considering the MCAT Physics Edge; its an online program. What do u guys think?

Hey, I had kaplan books but am not very fond of them. They make funny stories about a your little brother.. THEY ARE OK.

I ordered Berkeley Review. Their chemistry and physics beats any prep company out there. Nova Physics is what I am currently using. They are pretty well.

I've looked at Kaplan, Princeton Review, and a ton of other books but I always keep coming back to Berekely Review. The way that they present the material and their practice passages are the closest to the real exam that I have seen. Their content review is very in-depth without making it boring or annoying. Especially if it has been that long since you last studied physics, I would strongly suggest Berkeley Review.

Thanks guys, I recently bought the BR but its been kind of hard to break myself away from ExamKrackers since I have already read a few chapters of it. If everybody keeps saying BR then there most be something to it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I had kaplan books but am not very fond of them. They make funny stories about a your little brother.. THEY ARE OK.

I ordered Berkeley Review. Their chemistry and physics beats any prep company out there. Nova Physics is what I am currently using. They are pretty well.

from your experience, do you prefer BR or Nova for physics?
I did ok in physics, but them about 2 years ago.

from your experience, do you prefer BR or Nova for physics?
I did ok in physics, but them about 2 years ago.

I know this question wasn't directed at me, but I personally feel that Nova explains some topics better than BR (such as electricity and magnetism) and I used Nova for the content review for those sections but I used BR for practice questions. BR's sample passages are second to none. I though some of their content review as kind of shaky though. I'd say if you have the available funds, get both. If that's not an option though, I personally would suggest sticking with BR since you get a ton of bang for your buck.

I hope this helps!

I know this question wasn't directed at me, but I personally feel that Nova explains some topics better than BR (such as electricity and magnetism) and I used Nova for the content review for those sections but I used BR for practice questions. BR's sample passages are second to none. I though some of their content review as kind of shaky though. I'd say if you have the available funds, get both. If that's not an option though, I personally would suggest sticking with BR since you get a ton of bang for your buck.

I hope this helps!

Thanks a lot.
Yeah I've been thinking of purchasing both. Instead of spending my money on a prep course, I decided to buy different material. And since the price is fair, I might get both. Though I'm getting TBR for sure.
Anyways this is the one, correct?
http://www.amazon.com/MCAT-Physics-Book-Garrett-Biehle/dp/1889057339

Thanks a lot.
Yeah I've been thinking of purchasing both. Instead of spending my money on a prep course, I decided to buy different material. And since the price is fair, I might get both. Though I'm getting TBR for sure.
Anyways this is the one, correct?
http://www.amazon.com/MCAT-Physics-Book-Garrett-Biehle/dp/1889057339

I would agree with him. Nova is amazing in my opinion; learning a lot just by reading. I will be supplementing it with the BR passages but its really nice that you are spending you money wisely. Before I joined SDN, I foolishly enrolled in KAPLAN and paid over a 1500 dollars. I dunno if that was necessary, have not yet exhausted their resources, and quickly learned that there are other ways to do well. BR is where is at!

I would agree with him. Nova is amazing in my opinion; learning a lot just by reading. I will be supplementing it with the BR passages but its really nice that you are spending you money wisely. Before I joined SDN, I foolishly enrolled in KAPLAN and paid over a 1500 dollars. I dunno if that was necessary, have not yet exhausted their resources, and quickly learned that there are other ways to do well. BR is where is at!

THis is the correct book; however, you can get it much cheaper on ebay. I don't remember how much i got mine but it was around low 30.
Try to get a new one rather than a used one or at least not heavily marked.