Mcat schedule ASAP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sr2019

Reaction score
I have been very loosely studying for the summer and need to actually crack down on real study prep. Should I take a Kaplan 4 day a week (16hr/wk) course 8/19-9/6 and catch the mid September test date MCAT or wait until January?

Need quick advice if possible as the September MCAT sign up is 8/16

Members don't see this ad.

I have been very loosely studying for the summer and need to actually crack down on real study prep. Should I take a Kaplan 4 day a week (16hr/wk) course 8/19-9/6 and catch the mid September test date MCAT or wait until January?

Need quick advice if possible as the September MCAT sign up is 8/16
Just play it safe. If January is an option, do January. Also, can’t recommend a formal Kaplan course. There is not much correlation between taking one and performance.

Reactions: 1 users
What is recommended? I’m not that strong with self study compared to a more final setting? I haven’t taken the mcat before and wanted to get maybe one test in though would one month be enough depending on how hard I worked?

Members don't see this ad :)
What is recommended? I’m not that strong with self study compared to a more final setting? I haven’t taken the mcat before and wanted to get maybe one test in though would one month be enough depending on how hard I worked?

Purchase and take an AAMC full length practice exam ASAP. If you score +/- 3 points of your target score, you will probably be OK for September. If not, you should push back to January. It's impossible to tell where you'll end up without first establishing your baseline.

Reactions: 2 users
If you like learning via videos instead of textbooks then I recommend MCAT Self Prep. He compiled a bunch of video playlists by topic including KA, Crash Course, etc. and I thought it was awesome. The course itself is free. You can pay $10 for a study schedule that is specific for your diagnostic score and adjusts as you take AAMC mini exams that consist of AAMC practice questions.