MCAT score predictions for june 13th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cateyezz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know what everyone else thought of the june 13th mcat...anybody care to share the experience? i think i got about 10 - 12 questions wrong in physical and biological sciences...how bad does the damage look? and verbal, i might have gotten a couple wrong...i'd say about 15 ish....i felt pretty good coming out but now that i think about it...i m worried...do i stand even close to a 30 or no?

Members don't see this ad.

Why did you run out of time? Did you practice timed? If so, what do you think is the #1 reason you ran out of time?

I was practicing timed on the AAMC test, and I was barely finishing the timed test. When I took the real thing I was doing good with time and only spending 8 minutes a passage and then I hit two passages that I spend an extra 2 or three minutes on by going back to the passage and this cost me.

I had only 10 minutes left with the last two passages, So I clicked ahead and finished the very last passage and then I only had 2 minutes to finish the next to last one. I started to read the passage and just stopped and went straight to the questions. I was pretty much just clicking answers because I didn't know anything about the passage. I did take the time to count how many I had guessed on.

The verbal is my biggest weakness by far. I will be absolutely ecstatic if I make an 8 on this test. If i try to read at anything more than a slow rate, the words are literally going in one ear and out the other.

I'm just going to keep reading and try and get my speed up. The verbal is frustrating to me, especially when I'm doing well on the sciences, especially some of the areas that other people find hard like organic chemistry. On all of the practice test I would never miss more than 3 organic questions and I frequently never missed a single org. chem question!! Too bad I'm a crappy reader!

Last edited:
i'd b careful comparing the aamc to the real thing....i was pissed off last year cuz i couldnt find the search button on the verbal.... so it cost me alot on the verbal section....so i wont b surprised if the test kinda seemed different from the practices...altho mine ended with discretes on both science passages so i m not sure if the format really changed or not...

There is a search section on the verbal? If so enlighten me because my verbal scores from paper to cbt are night and day.The search button will help me
And for the exam 2pm June 13
The PS wasnt hard,just too calculation based,more than any AAMC practice test I've ever taken
The Verbal was too long ,they went to the max of 700 words in most of it
and the BS wasnt scary either,doable
Overall,I m retaking it,the timing threw me off because i was banking on 20 extra minutes left in PS and BS to review my questions as i usually do on the practice AAMC 3-10.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a search section on the verbal? If so enlighten me because my verbal scores from paper to cbt are night and day.The search button will help me
And for the exam 2pm June 13
The PS wasnt hard,just too calculation based,more than any AAMC practice test I've ever taken
The Verbal was too long ,they went to the max of 700 words in most of it
and the BS wasnt scary either,doable
Overall,I m retaking it,the timing threw me off because i was banking on 20 extra minutes left in PS and BS to review my questions as i usually do on the practice AAMC 3-10.

The search button is only available in the practice AAMC tests. I wouldn't suggest using/getting used to it though, cause there is no search button on the real deal. It would be nice if there was one though!

Prediction:

PS - 7
VR - 11
BS - 10
28Q

I had the weirdest (and possibly most fatal) issue taking the MCAT (First-timer). On the practice AAMC tests on e-mcat.com, they always say "question x/xx" on the bottom of the screen. However, on the real MCAT, when there is a passage it says "passage x/x" instead of saying the question numbers. So, since I was completely focused on the questions, at one point I glanced down and notice I was on passage 6 out of 7. I assumed I was on the second to last page based on this - without looking at the question number - so I took my time on this passage. By the time I went to the next page and finished all of the questions - thinking I was done - I clicked the next button only to be completely surprised by a whole additional passage that I had to guess on every one of the 8 questions (and three more questions that I didn't even have to guess on, on the next page)!

My questions are: Was anyone else completely thrown off by this? Is this a valid reason to re-take the MCAT (assuming I score the statistically estimated 2-3 full points below my average 10 on PS)? Is this disparity between the practice AAMC tests and the real MCAT written anywhere on AAMC or E-MCAT? :(

Other than this fatal problem, I felt I did as I normally do (like my practice tests) on the rest of the stuff.

The same thing happened to me when I took my first MCAT.

The same thing happened to me when I took my first MCAT.

Ugh. So I guessed on 8 problems, had to leave 3 blank. You think there's any hope I could score > or = to 8 if I average a 10? It makes me so mad that such a "technical" error could screw me so badly. I hope I guessed well. :cool:

I dont like guessing, I found out you never know how you do just based off how you think you did, but I will try anyways. I took the 2 PM, from what I remember:

PS was horrible, I remember a lot of chem and despite having reread the entire section on general chemistry in my kaplan books/doing all the quizzes for it the week of the exam, I felt very unsure of myself on these passages. Practice exams were usually around a 9 or 10 for me here, but I was definitely owned. Predicting a 7.

VR was about what I was used to except longer. I triaged passages and got all the ones I felt confident with out of the way, leaving two, one about religion and the other about art I think. I only had 3 minutes left on the religion passage so I had to make vaguely educated guesses. I was getting around 9 on these in practice exams with the occasional 10. I'm guessing an 8 because of that last passage.

WR sections: I wrote total BS and i'm not sure how well my logic came through in at least the second one. Probably a "P".

BS has traditionally been my strongest section with averages at 10 or 11 on practice exams. I thought this was a suspiciously easy section, I had 2 passages left with 35 minutes remaining. I had also just reviewed genetics so I felt pretty confident with most stuff. The last two passages, specifically the one about fruit flies was very hard but I think I got through most of it reasonably. I'm predicting a 10, and I would say higher but every time I think I do really well I end up doing poorly.

So, overall Im expecting around a 25P and wont be applying with that. I have a very low GPA (3.2) and probably need at least a 30 for them to even open my application.

ugghhh i m gona get an ulcer and loose all my hair by the time i reach july 15th.....this is sooo not fun!! altho i asked someone why they dont put up ur scores rite away and they said, wut if u scored like 18!! u'd get a heart attack on ur chair...u'd probably wanna drive home with a good state of mind..lol....but yea 30 days is wayyy tooo long....:(((((

AAMC Averages(ish): P10 V11 B10
Predictions: P7 V12 B11

So irritating that I'd have to retake based on the one section I had most improved on (I started out with a 3 on the free practice test)

In Canada any score <10 gets you automatically screened out of a few and laughed out of most schools.

AAMC avg like 6 6 6 cuz i never took it serious

prediction=10 or higher on PS because those calculations helped me
VR- i cant read on the computer for my life 7-12
BS- 9-10, thats my avg

didnt get lower than a 23 on the AAMC practice test. That was b4 i buckled down
so my range goes from 23-35 depending on the mythical curve everyone is talking about

PS - 12 or 13 (this was easy for me, some how, very confident)
VB - 10 or 11 (hardest verbal I'd taken)
BS - 10 or 11 (kind of hard)

I think I got about 32 or 33.

Writing - at least a P

wow democritus...if i said i did bad on VR i would b somewhere in 6 - 7 , and if i thought i was getting a 10 or 11...i'd b jumping with joy .... my VR went horrible too...atleast thats wut i think....but i cant predict exactly "how" bad it really went... only 5 more days to find out :/