MCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

japtat918

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
To people who took MCAT and made 8 or above on each section, can you tell me the percentage you got right for each scores? For instance, if you got an 8 or 10 in verbal, how many question (percentage wise) did you get right? I'm preparing for the MCAT this April and it'll help me out a lot if I know what to aim for. I would really appreciated if you guys can reply back to me. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I haven't taken the actual MCAT, but I took the 3R practice test. It was the first time I took a full length, and my scores werPS8, VR8, BS9. For BS, I answered 72% of the questions correctly. For VR and PS it was around 64-65%.
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think that your actual MCAT score will also depend on how well other test-takers did compared to you. But if you just want an idea of what you should aim for, I guess this is a good ballpark.
Good luck

Originally posted by japtat918
To people who took MCAT and made 8 or above on each section, can you tell me the percentage you got right for each scores? For instance, if you got an 8 or 10 in verbal, how many question (percentage wise) did you get right? I'm preparing for the MCAT this April and it'll help me out a lot if I know what to aim for. I would really appreciated if you guys can reply back to me. Thanks.

If you are talking about the actual MCAT, the raw scores are not provided, just the scaled score. So, no one can really tell how many they actually got right. I'd say that Bostonien's estimates are probably resonable, but it still depends on the form you get and how all of the other test takers score to come up with your value.

DALA