MCAT, Secondaries, etc. Advice, please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstud16

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Wanted to ask about secondaries, MCAT, etc. I know there is a ton of info available but I just wanted to see if anyone had specific advice for my situation. I am taking the MCAT end of June. I was scheduled for next week but had a minor incident and have spent a few days on pain meds/feeling groggy and do not feel up to test-taking. Should I submit my application for verification next week to only one school or all the schools I would like to apply to? Since I would not get secondaries at many schools till my MCAT is in and I apply more broadly once I get a score back, would working on secondaries June 30th onwards so they can be submitted 1-2 weeks after receiving keep me mostly on track in terms of timeliness? Trying for MD in-state school but will be applying to DO too!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Apply to one school to get the verification process started. As long as you submit your secondaries by the end of August, you'll be "early".

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 4 users