ce.karagiannis

2+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hi everyone,

I just received my scores for the MCAT, which I took July 21, 2017. I am pleased to say I got a 511 (126, 129, 128, 128). Yippee!

Now this would be my last step before applying for the cycle next year.

My cGPA is 3.61 and my sGPA is 3.5. I am an EMT, have research experience, a future publication, volunteering, medical volunteering, I'm a medical scribe, etc etc...

I'm feeling that since my GPA is lower, I might need to consider retaking the exam. That being said, I do have solid extracurriculars that I can also build over the next eyar.

The #1 school I'm interested in is Tulane University, whose avg incoming for class of 2021 is 3.57 with a 510 MCAT.

If these are my targets for school, should I retake? Do I have a shot?

Thank you all!

morejedi

2+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Do NOT retake a 511, stick with your "Yippiee!"

Congratulations by the way

About the Ads

ce.karagiannis

2+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I just got rejected to Tulane, and I have a 3.73 and 505 Mcat. Maybe Tulane prefers higher Mcats over higher GPA's?

What were your EC's etc? I have no idea o_O I have a friend who was accepted to Johns Hopkins and rejected from UC Riverside in the same day for Fall 2017.

I'm hoping that my EC's will help me be more successful. I know that they're trying to move towards more 'holistic' applications.

treasure_yourself

5+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2014
*shrugs* Job, volunteering, clubs, tutoring, shadowing, research, etc.

Same old, same old. I haven't gotten a single MD interview invite. Whatever, lol.

Edit: UCR has a medical school?!?! I was totally at UCR last week! Haha!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.