This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The volunteers at SDN have decided that it was time to create ‘Study Buddy’ mega-threads for those interested in linking up with other people in preparation of exams, such as the DAT, MCAT, and PCAT. In the past, most of these threads were moved to the Classified section or were left behind cluttering up their respective forums. So, in creating a new mega-thread for the MCAT forum, we hope that it will help those interested in trying to find a studying partner through SDN.

Before making a post, here are a few things to consider:
<>Do you want to interact in-person? Or online?
<>When will you be taking the MCAT?
<>What prep materials are you using?
<>Study goals?

This portion was adapted from @MCATKINGS Study Buddy thread, and if you wish to look at past examples, this thread can be found HERE

***Notice***
SDN forum rules and policies are still in effect for this mega-thread. Therefore, things like advertisements, selling of MCAT test prep materials, and open discussion of specific questions from the MCAT are not allowed. Please report any incidents of this for the moderating team to handle if it is left unchecked.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey y'all, I'm writing this summer so study buddies will be fun.

Both in-person and online work for me (I'm currently in London, Canada, EDT timezone)

August 30th, 2019

Kaplan, AAMC, Khan Academy

<>Study goals?
Complete review by end of July, practice throughout August.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. online or in-person (live in Orlando, Fl; willing to travel up to 1 hour to meet in person)
2. early 2020
3. Kaplan, Princeton Review
4. complete review November, take full-length exams December up to test date; goal of >515 score

Last edited:
The volunteers at SDN have decided that it was time to create ‘Study Buddy’ mega-threads for those interested in linking up with other people in preparation of exams, such as the DAT, MCAT, and PCAT. In the past, most of these threads were moved to the Classified section or were left behind cluttering up their respective forums. So, in creating a new mega-thread for the MCAT forum, we hope that it will help those interested in trying to find a studying partner through SDN.

Before making a post, here are a few things to consider:
<>Study goals?

This portion was adapted from @MCATKINGS Study Buddy thread, and if you wish to look at past examples, this thread can be found HERE

***Notice***
SDN forum rules and policies are still in effect for this mega-thread. Therefore, things like advertisements, selling of MCAT test prep materials, and open discussion of specific questions from the MCAT are not allowed. Please report any incidents of this for the moderating team to handle if it is left unchecked.

Test date: 9/14/19

What prep materials are you using?
Kaplan, AAMC, Khan Academy, Berkely review

Study goals?
Complete review by at least mid july, practice throughout August.

I’m in Melbourne

That’s not too far. We can meet halfway. When are you taking the mcat? And what sources are you using? I’m using so far Kaplan for content review and got the Princeton workbook to do some practice problems. Eventually I will be doing practice tests.

Anyone want to be study buddies? taking the exam September 14

<>Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? either or
<>When will you be taking the MCAT? Sept 14
<>What prep materials are you using? Kaplan books / 100 page / 300 page. Anki, and will be using UWorld
<>Study goals? hoping to get 510+

<>Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Either or works. I'm in south Florida, West Palm Beach.
<>When will you be taking the MCAT? A year from now. I'm doing a lot of preemptive studying
<>What prep materials are you using? Kaplan 7 book series and Kaplan advanced
<>Study goals? 520+ is my goal

<>Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? California bay area and I'm cool with anything. Online or meetup
<>When will you be taking the MCAT? 8/30
<>What prep materials are you using? TBR, Kaplan, TPR, UWorld, Jack Westin, AAMC Material
<>Study goals? 520+

<>Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Either or works. I'm in south Florida, West Palm Beach.
<>When will you be taking the MCAT? A year from now. I'm doing a lot of preemptive studying
<>What prep materials are you using? Kaplan 7 book series and Kaplan advanced
<>Study goals? 520+ is my goal
Hi, I am in west Palm Beach area, I am studying for the MCAT for 2020...interested?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I am looking for a study buddy for the MCAT . Planning to take it 2020. Using kaplan, Khan academy,AAMC . I am in south Florida area, West Palm beach FL, Broward county FL....INTERESTED??? REPLY. THANKS

Howdy

Nontrad USAF veteran testing at end of August. Looking to trade QA and help break down anything confusing, or any methods that help in group-work. If any topics are confusing, I am always keen to help make sense of anything, and always grateful to discuss concepts because obviously talking about it helps recall. Studying with my wife who is also testing soon, and occasionally I hop on Discord or r/mcat for stuff I can't find, or to help others. It would be nice to talk to get more of the human interaction and help this material to sink in with a hardworking team. Happy to work with anyone, trad, nontrad, veteran, whatever.

1. Online
2. Testing on 31 August
3. Using tbr, uworld, kaplan, khan / mcatbros 300pg, AAMC, anki decks ... considering NS if I finish all this
- also I have been making some audio flash-card-like material out of the psych and other rote memorization concepts, happy to share.
4. Goals 515-520. Scored ~500 on Kap FL before studying, going for more

Hello, I am looking for a study buddy for the MCAT . Planning to take it 2020. Using kaplan, Khan academy,AAMC . I am in south Florida area, West Palm beach FL, Broward county FL....INTERESTED??? REPLY. THANKS

I am in Orlando, but can online study with you. I am taking the MCAT early next year.

Hiii I am looking for an MCAT study buddy (in person or online). Planning to take the MCAT in 2020. I am in Worcester, MA area. Using Kaplan, KA, TBR, TPR. Please reply if interested!!!

Hey, I'm looking for a study partner for the MCAT. I’m in Harrison, NY Please Reply if interested. Thanks!

in person near north Mississippi or Memphis
January 2020
altus, kap possibly
<>Study goals?
accountability partner

Hi, I am looking for a study buddy:

Location (City, State, Country): Queens/ Long Island, NY

Test Date (Anticipated) (Month AND YEAR): January 2020

MCAT Prep Material: Princeton Review, open to purchasing other prep as well

Online or In-Person?: both, at least once a week in person.

I'm willing to do only online as well if no one is available for in person.

Study goals : accountability partner.

Thank you in advance!

Hi. I’m currently using Kaplan. I’m looking for a library study partner in Westcheaster, NY. If interested, please leave your skype id so we can go over the details. Thanks

Test date: April 2020
Prep materials: Kaplan, Khan Academy, AAMC, open to buying other prep materials
Study goals: Got 506 on pre-study practice exam, aiming for 520+.

Preferably in-person. Location: Bayside (Queens, NY)

January 2020

Currently: Princeton
In the future: AAMC, UWorld

<>Study goals?
Complete reviewing by end of August. Start practicing hardcore. Mostly accountability

Preferably in-person. Jericho, NY

January 2020

Currently: TBR, AAMC, TPR

<>Study goals?
510+

Test date: April 2020
Prep materials: Kaplan, Khan Academy, AAMC, open to buying other prep materials
Study goals: Got 506 on pre-study practice exam, aiming for 520+.

Hey Chloecho,

I'm also in Boston and will be testing in January 2020. I think we have similar goals in mind, and it would be nice to keep each other motivated and more informed. I also have other books (TPR, EK, Nextstep) and would be happy to share them with you. I'm going to start studying in September. Let me know/message me if you're interested. Thanks,

Last edited:
Hi, I am looking for a study buddy:

Location (City, State, Country): Queens/ Long Island, NY

Test Date (Anticipated) (Month AND YEAR): January 2020

MCAT Prep Material: Princeton Review, open to purchasing other prep as well

Online or In-Person?: both, at least once a week in person.

I'm willing to do only online as well if no one is available for in person.

Study goals : accountability partner.

Thank you in advance!
Hi Jasmine,
I am interested in an online study buddy. I plan to take the MCAT in January 2020. I'm located in Maryland. I am using Kaplan, Princeton, Khan Academy videos, Nextstep and Berkeley prep materials.

Nontrad student looking for study buddy/accountability partner
Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Online or by phone
<>What prep materials are you using? Wikipremed, Khan academy, aamc
<>Study goals? Do well on MCAT

Hi everyone!
Realistically, I've got some time before I really need to worry about seeking out a study buddy, but earlier is better than later. Ridiculously busy schedule, trying to plan in advance. I need something to go right for once lol.

Current Location: Southern Indiana (80 miles south of Indy, 30 north of Louisville, KY) Man, I cannot wait to get back to the east coast.

In-person or Online?: Both work for me! I would prefer to meet in person at least a few times if possible. I find it easier to tackle difficult subjects that way but if you strictly want to do online that isn't a problem. I have done a lot of traveling in the past so driving lengthy distances does not bother me. Making a drive to meet someone is not out of the question within reason.

MCAT Testing Date: Currently shooting for the beginning of April 2020. If I do not feel adequately prepared by then, early May is more likely.

Study Materials: Looking into this currently, will update with the materials I find best suited for me. Wanted to have this information in mind before I actually develop a study plan. Have heard good things about TBR, Nextstep, AAMC.

Study Goals: To conquer this b****. Standardized tests have always been an enemy of mine. I am done losing. This is one that really matters. I just want to perform well on exam day, which is the ultimate goal of all of this.

Hey, I'm looking for a study partner for the MCAT. I’m in Westchester. Please Reply if interested. Thanks!

Westchester County, NY? If you're comfortable with online, I'm interested in being your study buddy! Unfortunately I live too far away from NY atm to meet in person :( When did you plan on taking the exam?

Hi. Please send me your skype I’d, I’m planning on taking the MCAT in January 2020, I’m using Kaplan

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I am planning to take the MCAT the end of January. I live in Louisville, KY
Hi everyone!
Realistically, I've got some time before I really need to worry about seeking out a study buddy, but earlier is better than later. Ridiculously busy schedule, trying to plan in advance. I need something to go right for once lol.

Current Location: Southern Indiana (80 miles south of Indy, 30 north of Louisville, KY) Man, I cannot wait to get back to the east coast.

In-person or Online?: Both work for me! I would prefer to meet in person at least a few times if possible. I find it easier to tackle difficult subjects that way but if you strictly want to do online that isn't a problem. I have done a lot of traveling in the past so driving lengthy distances does not bother me. Making a drive to meet someone is not out of the question within reason.

MCAT Testing Date: Currently shooting for the beginning of April 2020. If I do not feel adequately prepared by then, early May is more likely.

Study Materials: Looking into this currently, will update with the materials I find best suited for me. Wanted to have this information in mind before I actually develop a study plan. Have heard good things about TBR, Nextstep, AAMC.

Study Goals: To conquer this b****. Standardized tests have always been an enemy of mine. I am done losing. This is one that really matters. I just want to perform well on exam day, which is the ultimate goal of all of this.
Hi there! I live in Louisville (like 10 minutes from Indiana), and I would love a study buddy to keep me going. This test is so hard and I dont want to take it until I get at least a 510. I have been studying for a few months now, so hopefully by January I will be ready. Let me know if you want to meet!

Hey guys, I am planning to take the MCAT the end of January. I live in Louisville, KY

Hi there! I live in Louisville (like 10 minutes from Indiana), and I would love a study buddy to keep me going. This test is so hard and I dont want to take it until I get at least a 510. I have been studying for a few months now, so hopefully by January I will be ready. Let me know if you want to meet!

Wow, this is great! I'm literally 30 minutes from Louisville! I will private message you, would love to be your study buddy!!!

<>Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Either in-person or Online
<>When will you be taking the MCAT? January 2020
<>What prep materials are you using? Currently Examkrackers, mcat podcast and AAMC practice test
<>Study goals? Focus on CARs, Sociology, Psyc, Physics. Need someone to bounce ideas off of and hold one another accountable. MCAT goal 510+

Last edited:
<>Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Online, (In-person at a later date)
<>When will you be taking the MCAT? Early Summer/Late Spring 2020
<>What prep materials are you using? Kaplan (Content Review); UWorld (QBank); AAMC Practice Exams
<>Study goals? Content Review
<> MCAT goal: 510+

Reactions: 2 users
<>Do you want to interact in-person? Or online? Online, (In-person at a later date)
<>When will you be taking the MCAT? Early Summer/Late Spring 2020
<>What prep materials are you using? Kaplan (Content Review); UWorld (QBank); AAMC Practice Exams
<>Study goals? Content Review
<> MCAT goal: 510+

Would totally be your study buddy! Our testing times are close to the same. Meeting in person at a later date is also a good possibility since I visit around D.C. area to see family on some occasions. Feel free to PM me!