sstb64

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
k

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are you in high school?

Reactions: 1 user
Dear god I hope you just posted in the wrong section by mistake.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I do believe this to be a troll. Has Kaplan books, doesn't know where to get AAMC material. Says they read it twice, but all MCAT material says to buy the AAMC stuff from their website. Called MCATS. Anyone studying 10-13 hours per day would have put in at least an hour to research about the MCAT to realize they should just go get drunk at grad parties instead of study.

Man, that summer between high school and college. Just working a seasonal job, taking a few classes, living it up at grad parties every weekend all summer. Twas the best.

/thread

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't know what the MCAT was until my sophomore year in undergrad and I did fine for anyone worrying.

Reactions: 1 users
I do believe this to be a troll. Has Kaplan books, doesn't know where to get AAMC material. Says they read it twice, but all MCAT material says to buy the AAMC stuff from their website. Called MCATS. Anyone studying 10-13 hours per day would have put in at least an hour to research about the MCAT to realize they should just go get drunk at grad parties instead of study.

Man, that summer between high school and college. Just working a seasonal job, taking a few classes, living it up at grad parties every weekend all summer. Twas the best.

/thread

Last edited:
I am actually NEW to this forum? I did do partly my research, but my parents are forcing me to take the MCAT ASAP. So, I don't have MUCH time to do ALL of it. I based off what my guidance consular told me, and what I found YouTubers who are trying to do the MCAT did. They bought Kaplan, Princeton, TPR books-- AMC Practice exams, and KA. You don't have to be rude simply because I don't know enough information about the MCAT. Needless to say, I'm probably not the only one confused about this part of the journey to Medical School. The least you can do is be polite and help someone struggling in this situation (since you probably have been through it yourself), instead of making hurtful remarks and letting others down. I am not a troll, I'm just confused about this process-- which is why I came on here. I may have posted in the wrong section (I don't know). Like I said, I'm new to this and made it quickly.
how can your parents force you to take the mcat when you arent prepared :thinking:

I am actually NEW to this forum? I did do partly my research, but my parents are forcing me to take the MCAT ASAP. So, I don't have MUCH time to do ALL of it. I based off what my guidance consular told me, and what I found YouTubers who are trying to do the MCAT did. They bought Kaplan, Princeton, TPR books-- AMC Practice exams, and KA. You don't have to be rude simply because I don't know enough information about the MCAT. Needless to say, I'm probably not the only one confused about this part of the journey to Medical School. The least you can do is be polite and help someone struggling in this situation (since you probably have been through it yourself), instead of making hurtful remarks and letting others down. I am not a troll, I'm just confused about this process-- which is why I came on here. I may have posted in the wrong section (I don't know). Like I said, I'm new to this and made it quickly.

Okay, well you posted this in the High School section. So people are assuming you are in high school. And if you are it is WAYYYYY to early to be thinking about the MCAT.

Exactly where are you in your journey? HS? University? 1st year? 2nd? 3rd?

Have you taken all the pre-req courses for med school?...especially those that are heavily covered on the MCAT?

You plan to take the MCAT in Sept...when do you plan to apply to med school?

Reactions: 1 user
Well you can tell your parents that if you take the test without having taken the requisite classes and you bomb it (which would be the expected outcome), you are ****ed. And then you can, you know, take control of your own destiny and refuse to do it since it would be harmful to you.

They can't actually hold a gun to your head and force you to take the test, they can only get upset with you. But if they are wrong, then stand up for what is right. First lesson on being an adult.