MCG EDP advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heracles

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Applying EDP to MCG has been my plan for the last two years and receiving my mcat score today really threw me- 26M.

I know most people will say retake and I know the average is a 30.9/3.7.
The reason I hesitate is because of the breakdown...
PS 11, VR 6, BS 9

I have always struggled with verbal, on all standardized tests. I did all the 101 EK passages, and all the aamc's. The verbal was always bad, the PS hovered around 11 and the BS around 10+.

I feel like if I retake, there is a good chance of dropping the verbal even lower.

Another reason I hesitate to retake is that everything on the application is rock solid.
3.96 GPA- 1 B as a freshman
Not going to list it all, but very strong volunteering, working at a hospital for years, many awards, shadowing, and athletics.

Do you think there is any chance of me having any luck and have any of you succeeded with similar stats.

I am pretty set on MCG and would wait a year and reapply there if not accepted this go round.

So, any thoughts?

THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

Considering that MCG's bottom tenth percentile for VS is an 8, it seems unlikely they will accept you without some extraordinary modifying factor. You might consider visiting the MCG school specific thread in PreMed Allo and asking there if anyone knows of anyone with a VS 6 getting an acceptance.