This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NSU vs MCPHS

• Total voters

BlackLotus89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
HELP!!

I recently had an interview with MCPHS and loved it. Everyone was so nice and I love the architechture of the city. Best part? I got accepted!!

However, I'm originally from South Florida and just got asked to interview at NOVA.

I would love to stay in South Florida because of the weather and the convenience of already being familiar with the area. The school is also absolutely beautiful.

But, I want to hear from current/future students and graduates. Pros and cons.
Do you regret your decision? If so, why? If not, why not?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, just from doing research and talking to doctors I've shadowed, I would definitely pick NOVA over MCPHS. I had originally considered MCPHS, until I heard negative responses when talking to current optometry students, recent graduates, and doctors practicing for +5 years.

Cons:
-MCPHS is pretty new of a program, so many have concerns of the program.
-'ranked' low compared to NOVA, according to unofficial ranking websites
-I haven't really heard anything good about the school, most people preferred my other choices over MCPHS (NOVA,OSU, Southern, NECO)

I'm pretty sure when you have your interview at NOVA, you will feel the same way about the people. As for the architecture of the city, If you really enjoyed Massachusetts, I would recommend applying to NECO, definitely a better choice over MCPHS. Personally, when I applied to optometry school, I only applied to 2 schools. I based my choices on how accredited the school was and environment. In the end though, you want to pick a school where you can see yourself for the next 4 years and take in consideration the program offered and the environment. MCPHS and NOVA are very different from each other when it comes to those aspects.

I hope, this helped!
if you have further questions about my experience applying to optometry school and specifics, feel free to DM me :)