MCPHU has not told AMCAS that I've withdrawn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glacierdropsy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
GW called and asked me why AMCAS shows that I have 2 acceptances-GW and MCP. I told them that I withdrew from Hahnemann. So I call up MCP and the lady says that I have withdrawn. But I ask her if I need to do anything special to notify AMCAS of the withdrawal. She says that if any medical schools have a question about my acceptance status there, they can call MCP. But my questions are:
1. Why hasn't Hahnemann told AMCAS so that they know I only have 1 acceptance after May 15?
2. Are the other schools where I'm waitlisted going to think that I'm hording acceptances after 5/15 and not want accept me because of it?

I don't mean to sound anal, but why would Hahnemann not report to AMCAS that I withdrew the acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

Same thing happened to me with MCP. I got a letter from WSU saying that I was still listed as accepted at MCP, so I contacted WSU, restated my intentions, and they told me that AMCAS was a little slow catching up, but they would keep my letter on file and call MCP themselves if my name showed up on the list again. If you are waiting for another school besides GW, I would e-mail them and let them know that you in fact, are only holding one acceptance, regardless of AMCAS, you know---head it off at the pass. It will also serve to let the school know you are REALLY interested in being accepted off the waitlist. Can't hurt.

Thanks Laura. I talked to GW again and they said it's probably that AMCAS is slow. But that's a good idea to email the schools where I'm waitlisted. Couldn't hurt to let them know that I'm still interested.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
MCP also did the same thing to me since the school at which I will matriculate contacted me about the problem. I was asked to send a letter of intent and explain the situation since the withdrawl date at my school is June 1, not May 15.

Anyway, I withdrew from MCP in the beginning of February and called their office to confirm the withdrawl in March. They sent me written confirmation in late April, but did not refund my deposit. I called two weeks ago and asked again if my withdrawl letter had been received and they said it had and my deposit would be sent "shortly." I'm going to call again in a couple of weeks if the school doesn't get their act together. All of my other schools have already returned my deposit!

Thanks for the heads up Dr. Kermit. I can't believe you've been waiting so long for your deposit to be returned! I had no idea MCP was so slow. I haven't even gotten the withdrawal in writing.