MD Apps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctor712

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard (not sure how, but anyhoo) when MD Apps will be back up?

Added my MD Profile about an hour before it collapsed yesterday; couldn't have been my heavy numbers weighing things down, eh? Not likely. :D

D712

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard (not sure how, but anyhoo) when MD Apps will be back up?

Added my MD Profile about an hour before it collapsed yesterday; couldn't have been my heavy numbers weighing things down, eh? Not likely. :D

D712

Not sure. I have heard that they have implemented a new BULLSH*T algorithm that will shut the site down whenever it detects the stank.:eek:

For the life of me I don't understand why anyone gives a crap about this site.

It's the pre-med equivalent of "Hot or Not", which is an infinetely better site.

It helps those who would like to know what it takes to get into certain schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Md Apps doesn't seem to work too well. Sometimes when I edit my profile to reflect updates to schools or to add additional schools to my list - it doesn't save to my profile, even though I click the update profile button. So there are glitches to the program which make the program pretty ineffective. For instance, there are a couple of schools on the list that I have tried to add to my profile several times, but they never seem to save to my list. So my profile isn't an actual reflection of where I've applied, since the site software is flawed.

I personally did not make a profile to show off to anyone. The only reason I created the profile was because other current/past students helped me with their profiles (to decide which schools I should submit my primary applications to based on my stats), and thus I wanted to return the favor to prospective students in the future.

I think it can help keep you organized as you approach the application cycle. I like the setup. I think it would help keep one organized during the application process. Plus, it gives you something to do during all that waiting time! :D

It's the pre-med equivalent of "Hot or Not", which is an infinetely better site.

SDN should probably implement a "Hot or Not" page into the site.

Not sure. I have heard that they have implemented a new BULLSH*T algorithm that will shut the site down whenever it detects the stank.:eek:

Glad you liked my JOKE mfrizzo. I'm here all week. Try the veal. ;)

Yeah, but it's harder to maintain multiple acceptances on "Hot or Not".

And you're here because???

i really like mdapps. It helped me organize my schools, keep track of everything, AND (best of all!!) it lets me calm down my neuroticism. i dont think you guys realize how much info that site does have...i love looking at specific schools i am very interested in, seeing the info posted of when they interviewed and when they got the acceptance and rejection. its calming to maybe find someone who interviewed same day as you did but a year ago and they found out later than the day you are checking, so you are still in the clear... haha i hope that made sense.

Looks like someone is trying to keep the legend of JPH alive.

Did anyone every figure out how to get past the problem of being unable to add more schools? Right now I have 13 schools listed -- is that the maximum or something, because it won't update when I add more.

Did anyone every figure out how to get past the problem of being unable to add more schools? Right now I have 13 schools listed -- is that the maximum or something, because it won't update when I add more.

Try adding schools one at a time instead of adding a bunch at once. Sometimes that makes it work.

Thanks to hot penguin for bringing this to our attention. The bug has been fixed, and you should be able to add MD/PhD, DO, etc. schools without a problem now.

i really like mdapps. It helped me organize my schools, keep track of everything, AND (best of all!!) it lets me calm down my neuroticism. i dont think you guys realize how much info that site does have...i love looking at specific schools i am very interested in, seeing the info posted of when they interviewed and when they got the acceptance and rejection. its calming to maybe find someone who interviewed same day as you did but a year ago and they found out later than the day you are checking, so you are still in the clear... haha i hope that made sense.

so, so true. i like having everything organized there (because it's cleaner than the spreadsheet i have) and it is really helpful to see what your schools are looking for and/or how similar applicants have fared.