Med school gamers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's because you're pre med. Sorry :shrug: I didn't even consider that.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just picked up Dragon Age Inquisition, pretty cool game if you have a lot of time on your hands. What else is everyone playing right now?

I'm waiting for legacy of the void Starcraft 2. Also play some hearthstone :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It's because you're pre med. Sorry :shrug: I didn't even consider that.
It has to do with having a minimum number of posts, I believe as well as a minimum amount of time being a member.

Bummer seeing as there's a giant vidya gaming thread there.

Aw yeah. Big nostalgia here as SNES was the last time I owned a console. At the same time it makes me feel kind of old because I used to rent VHS movies there too...while I doing my pre-req's some kid looked at me like I had two heads when I mentioned that my movie collection included about 150 VHS cassettes :laugh:.

The worst was having to rewind the VHS before returning or a $4.00 charge...I got that a couple of times. Thank goodness for CDs. But who rents movies nowadays. Its all about Netflix!

Does anyone play Cities: Skylines?

I just got it the other day.

I want to get that game, I haven't played a fun sim game for a while.

Games I'm excited to play during my gap year: Arkham Knight, Final Fantasy 15, Persona 3 (finish it), Persona 4, Persona 5, Final Fantasy Type-Zero, and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Any suggestions to add on my list? Other games I played and liked: Tomb Raider (recent one), Final Fantasy 7,8,9,10,13, every kingdom hearts game, portal 1 and 2, every smash bros game, Arkham Games (all of them), Resident Evil games (all of them), etc.

Games I'm excited to play during my gap year: Arkham Knight, Final Fantasy 15, Persona 3 (finish it), Persona 4, Persona 5, Final Fantasy Type-Zero, and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Any suggestions to add on my list? Other games I played and liked: Tomb Raider (recent one), Final Fantasy 7,8,9,10,13, every kingdom hearts game, portal 1 and 2, every smash bros game, Arkham Games (all of them), Resident Evil games (all of them), etc.
I loved the Arkham games, except for the last one. Did you know that Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) did the voice for Homer in the first two? So awesome... Can't wait for Arkham knight

I loved the Arkham games, except for the last one. Did you know that Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) did the voice for Homer in the first two? So awesome... Can't wait for Arkham knight

The Joker? Yes. And I also liked the most recent one, just not as much as the first two. I think Mark Hamill has been doing the voice of the Joker for a long time. Kevin Conroy does the Batman I like, and that's the extent of my voice-actor knowledge!

I hope this Batmobile thing doesn't dominate too much of the game. Running over villains or something, and firing weapons at them does not sound like somehting Batman would do, unless they are nonlethal.

The Joker? Yes. And I also liked the most recent one, just not as much as the first two. I think Mark Hamill has been doing the voice of the Joker for a long time. Kevin Conroy does the Batman I like, and that's the extent of my voice-actor knowledge!

I hope this Batmobile thing doesn't dominate too much of the game. Running over villains or something, and firing weapons at them does not sound like somehting Batman would do, unless they are nonlethal.
Haha, sorry, auto correct. Joker is what I meant. I agree, I love the idea of the bat mobile but I also don't want it to dominate. Very excited about the game though!!

I've been playing pillars of eternity. Super fun. Difficult but fun.

I heard Pillars of Eternity was great. I'm excited to play it since I was a fan of Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment. Been playing Bloodborne on ps4 recently. That game is awesome!

Have you played the Uncharted games, or the Assassins Creed games, you might find them interesting. Try Last of Us as well. Its very good.

I think you would only use the bat mobile to bring down the enemies cars, then when they are out of their vehicle, you jump out and kick them in the face :phantom: haha. But I love Kevin Conroy, he's the best voice for batman. If anyone else does it, just doesn't feel right. He's too good.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone play bf4 on pc (premium)?

you're missing out- some MMOs are amazing. I speak from the past though. I used to be a hardcore gamer 10 years ago (I'm a bit older) but I dunno I'm not into all the new MMOs I'm the type that keeps revisiting my favorite games from the past. I liked team fortress back in the day- and counterstrike. Never played DOOM. Tried WoW and wasnt a fan of the level cap. Right now all I do is league of legends and/or DOTA 2. 30min-1hr games and pretty fun; easy to put down.

All day!

Anyone play elite dangerous on the x1? Id really like to form a wing with some other pre-DO brothers and sisters.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/07/pathology-medicine-autopsy-pathologist/398288/

"At one point, Nine draws my attention over to a “very important piece of technology.” He gestures at a computer where the pathologists enter their notes. “It has speakers so we can listen to music.” Though his residents like classic rock, Nine prefers video-game soundtracks. One of his favorites is the score from Guild Wars 2, a dragon-slaying game; the score is epic and symphonic, brass blaring over cellos."

my god, if i ever make it to residency, i hope my attending is like this

Premed gamer checking in: Path of Exile, exclusively!

I'm only in college but I'm an avid PC gamer. Unfortunately I'm also double majoring in ChemE and Neuroscience. What I usually end up doing is leaving gummy bears or oreos on my textbook or workbook. Finish a problem/read a few chapters, eat a gummy bear/oreo. Eat 10 gummy bears/oreos = 1 game of league/1hr of video games.

I'm only in college but I'm an avid PC gamer. Unfortunately I'm also double majoring in ChemE and Neuroscience. What I usually end up doing is leaving gummy bears or oreos on my textbook or workbook. Finish a problem/read a few chapters, eat a gummy bear/oreo. Eat 10 gummy bears/oreos = 1 game of league/1hr of video games.
do you think you could stop playing LOL cold turkey if you wanted to?

do you think you could stop playing LOL cold turkey if you wanted to?
Yeah I had to for a year.
2nd quarter freshman year I spent all my time gaming. Only went to my stats class for the midterm/final and failed it. On the bright side I have a shiny diamond border.

I'd never admit it real life but one of the several things that got me into medicine is I loved playing the Trauma Center games. I've beat every single one and received an S rating for almost all the surgeries. I'm ranked online.

I also love RPG's and survival games. I brought my gaming consoles with me to school for undergrad and I only played it when I was ahead in work. I suppose I'll be ahead less in med school but I'm sure there will be a little time to play.

Hey, I'm not in osteo school (Im in allo) but I gamed throughout my first year and third + fourth year. At some point I had a 200 placement in the world ranking in a popular game type in COD. I just matched into a competitive specialty, so the key is really knowing when to cut off gaming. I didn't game at all during step 1 prep nor did I game on Sub-I's or surgery rotations.

My advice would be to not take a gaming systems for the first couple months. If you see you have time then add it in. If you don't then forget it.
Which COD?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 24
I occasionally play league of legends. I'm only platinum (have around 40 ranked games I think?) which is almost as bad as my med school application!

This is a funny thread. :D

I don't see why it would be a problem. If you've got 30min+ a day, you can game comfortably. Somehow I think, despite the difficulty of med school, you're going to have time to do what you like to do, at least in moderation. There are a number of med students who have attested to that.

No one's saying you're going to be able to get to MLG level, gaming 8+hrs per day, though. So if that was your plan (a doc in MLG would be awesome, I admit), then the obvious answer would be no ;)

Ghosts, I lost it after I stopped playing it about a week later because the metrics heavily depended on how much you played. I went back to BOII right after.
^Thats me on BO Xbox, also held rank 1 all time on PC over a year. What system do you play on? I didn't like the dedicated servers on BO 2. I haven't played it in a while but now they finally have nuke 24/7 on PC so I might jump on it. Are you getting BO3?

^Thats me on BO Xbox, also held rank 1 all time on PC over a year. What system do you play on? I didn't like the dedicated servers on BO 2. I haven't played it in a while but now they finally have nuke 24/7 on PC so I might jump on it. Are you getting BO3?
Xbox, I dunno if I will or not. I don't have an xbox one and won't buy it for 360 so I would have to buy a system first.

I will be buying fallout 4 eventually.

Xbox, I dunno if I will or not. I don't have an xbox one and won't buy it for 360 so I would have to buy a system first.

I will be buying fallout 4 eventually.
Play on PC :). Once you get the hang of the mouse and keyboard, games are a lot better.

Anyone who plays League wanna add me? My username is NotTaylorSwift

I occasionally play league of legends. I'm only platinum (have around 40 ranked games I think?) which is almost as bad as my med school application!

Add me, Best Kawaii NA.

Im currently sitting on silver 2 but was Gold 2 in S4. I live in the ghetto and the best internet I get is DSL, not even consider "high speed." I download at 125 kb/sec. Crimes are high and majority of the pizza deliveries will not bother showing up. Sucks I know. I was Gold 2 when I lived with my ex. She had a stabled connection and had faster internet. Shoot, I miss her internet, and she ALWAYS asked me....."WHY DONT YOU JUST MARRY THE GAME? YOU NEVER SPEND TIME WITH ME!" hahaha.....sigh...... ive made peace with the single life.

Add me, Best Kawaii NA.

Im currently sitting on silver 2 but was Gold 2 in S4. I live in the ghetto and the best internet I get is DSL, not even consider "high speed." I download at 125 kb/sec. Crimes are high and majority of the pizza deliveries will not bother showing up. Sucks I know. I was Gold 2 when I lived with my ex. She had a stabled connection and had faster internet. Shoot, I miss her internet, and she ALWAYS asked me....."WHY DONT YOU JUST MARRY THE GAME? YOU NEVER SPEND TIME WITH ME!" hahaha.....sigh...... ive made peace with the single life.

When I get on next I will.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned rocket league yet, the games are only 5 minutes and it's crazy fun

Thinking about purchasing a ps4 for the next few months I have off and possibly binging on the new Hitman game, Metal gear, and Skyrim. Any suggestions? Is it worth it?

Thinking about purchasing a ps4 for the next few months I have off and possibly binging on the new Hitman game, Metal gear, and Skyrim. Any suggestions? Is it worth it?
Definitely NOT! PC master race all the way.

Reactions: 1 users
Plenty of people at my school play, granted we're MS1. LoL is popular. I play FFXIV.
FFXIV? What server? I used to play... Had to quit because time cost and grade costs lol. My exam score shot up when I quit.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

FFXIV? What server? I used to play... Had to quit because time cost and grade costs lol. My exam score shot up when I quit.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah I played a lot through my GI block... also my lowest score in med school. I was on Cactuar.

Get the division.

bleh. the division is a grind fest. story mode is crap. side missions are all repetitive and so is the multiplayer. it's riddled with bugs and the loot system is entirely broken.

Reactions: 1 users
Bruh. I've tried playing on PC and it just wasn't for me. Plus, aren't gaming PCs and/or laptops super pricey? I'm looking for something below $300.
No offense, but the noob is strong with this one. Definitely stick to consoles, as they are indeed your best bet. Gaming on PC is as much a **** measuring contest as it is about having fun. We, PC gamers, love to tweak our PCs, get max fps, and THEN gaming on these godly rigs. I have been without a PC for over a month, and I have lost all inclination to game cause gaming on a laptop is just terrible. Gotta have that immersion factor.

I really hope I don't game in medical school.

bleh. the division is a grind fest. story mode is crap. side missions are all repetitive and so is the multiplayer. it's riddled with bugs and the loot system is entirely broken.
They updated the game. All bosses drop yellows, and you can get the highest level gear from the incursion, which isnt too difficult.