Med student posing nude on reddit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

So I am Nina. I was alerted to this thread from a really nice guy on Reddit. I have read through most of the comments and while I was implored by a friend not to comment, I just wanted to say a few things:

I'm sorry that I've offended so many of you. I never intended to do so. I don't want to bring shame upon the medical professional or my school. I wasn't viewing it from that perspective. Looking back at it I never should have revealed my status as a medical student, but in all fairness I never anticipated the article would be picked up by the Daily Mail. It was originally intended only for the site the dailydot.com.

For those of you that didn't vilify me, thanks a lot. A couple of the supposed "white knights" over here really moved me. Maybe if I don't expelled, we can be colleagues one day.

Good luck to everyone with their studies!

Has anyone told you that you look kind of like Sarah Silverman?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

So I am Nina. I was alerted to this thread from a really nice guy on Reddit. I have read through most of the comments and while I was implored by a friend not to comment, I just wanted to say a few things:

I'm sorry that I've offended so many of you. I never intended to do so. I don't want to bring shame upon the medical professional or my school. I wasn't viewing it from that perspective. Looking back at it I never should have revealed my status as a medical student, but in all fairness I never anticipated the article would be picked up by the Daily Mail. It was originally intended only for the site the dailydot.com.

For those of you that didn't vilify me, thanks a lot. A couple of the supposed "white knights" over here really moved me. Maybe if I don't expelled, we can be colleagues one day.

You did neither. You brought me pride.

Seriously..."throwaway2evry1"?

C'mon man.

How is this thread not locked yet but the one about racist med school admissions locked (when that was based on actual data)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, that's what white knight means? That's so stupid. If a male person defends a position held by an individual who happens to be a female person he is at risk of being branded? Gets called a "white knight"? Is throwing this term around supposed to make guys afraid to stand up for an idea if it is held by a female? Weird.

When used in misc, WK usually implies that the dude tries way too hard and is overly sensitive, not that he's chivalrous or just a being "nice guy."

Basically they are over-protective and smothering. The female version is girls who act like they're your mother.

You can be a nice guy a not be a WK, on the flip side you can be an total d**k and still be a WK.

Hi,

I would like some kind of proof that this is actually Nina. I'll let you decide on how you choose to verify.

You did neither. You brought me pride.

I wish you went to my school! I'm looking for some cool doctor friends. It's been so hard to meet people. I applied to med school not thinking I'd get in. I had NO IDEA what it would be like. There's so much competition that you can barely trust anyone around you. I sincerely hope OP doesn't know me.

so it is confirmed that she is a med student from GWU?

would love an update if this issue is brought to the school's attention

I seriously doubt I can do a verification post on student-doctor network, but it's me. Who the hell would want to pose as the infamous Nina here? If anything, I wish I were someone else.

I seriously doubt I can do a verification post on student-doctor network, but it's me. Who the hell would want to pose as the infamous Nina here? If anything, I wish I were someone else.

It's verification enough that you called your account throwaway2evry1. Classic redditor.

I wish you went to my school! I'm looking for some cool doctor friends. It's been so hard to meet people. I applied to med school not thinking I'd get in. I had NO IDEA what it would be like. There's so much competition that you can barely trust anyone around you. I sincerely hope OP doesn't know me.

Well, we're here. Feel free to PM if life gets you down.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking this as well. The drawback is it might bring unwanted attention to our community.

1) Not sure why we care if it's really her or not. Does it matter?
2) If we want verification anyways, then just leave out the SDN mention

I suspect the less you say, the less certain we'll be of your poor self esteem. Jesus.

Then she could do it in "code".

Hold up 3 fingers, cross her eyes and make a duck-face.

Lol, that's a possibility. Despite everything we are still a community for professionals and not controversy. I think its best that any external verification makes no direct mention of SDN.

1) Not sure why we care if it's really her or not. Does it matter?
2) If we want verification anyways, then just leave out the SDN mention

Yes it does matter. I wouldn't want to invest any time talking to a troll or the OP. Without any sort of proof, we could be talking to anyone. The OP was creepy also. I usually have a good sense about these things or rather my first gut feeling is usually right. There is something way off about that guy and its more than simply pretending to be in Med school.

Lol, that's a possibility. Despite everything we are still a community for professionals and not controversy. I think its best that any external verification makes no direct mention of SDN.

Yes it does matter. I wouldn't want to invest any time talking to a troll or the OP. Without any sort of proof, we could be talking to anyone. The OP was creepy also. I usually have a good sense about these things or rather my first gut feeling is usually right. Their is something way off about that guy and its more than simply pretending to be in Med school.

Meh. I'm not sure that it matters if there's a reference to SDN.

Well I took some non-nude verification pics. I posted them to my imgur account under the name Nina1987. I don't think I can link it here considering the rest of the content.

Are you afraid of the potential consequences? Has anyone at your school said anything?

No one has said anything. I would be surprised if they did. I really wonder if it's within the school's jurisdiction anyway. I'm not on campus taking nudes or engaging in sexual activity.

Yes it does matter. I wouldn't want to invest any time talking to a troll or the OP. Without any sort of proof, we could be talking to anyone. The OP was creepy also. I usually have a good sense about these things or rather my first gut feeling is usually right. There is something way off about that guy and its more than simply pretending to be in Med school.

Yeah I mean it's not like you haven't already invested days of your time in this thread. Good thing your spidey senses were tingling about the OP though.

Well I took some non-nude verification pics. I posted them to my imgur account under the name Nina1987. I don't think I can link it here considering the rest of the content.

:thumbup:

now that you are here, i just want to directly express my support for you! I dont think you are bringing any shame or anything at all. The medical profession is just a job, and is not meant to make its practitioners snobbish.

:thumbup:

now that you are here, i just want to directly express my support for you! I dont think you are bringing any shame or anything at all. The medical profession is just a job, and is not meant to make its practitioners snobbish.

Thank you very much! I know not everyone will agree with my decisions and I'm ready to deal with the consequences. I've dealt with far worse and becoming a doctor considering my social/economic/racial backgrounds may have been a pipe dream anyway. I am just going to get out there any enjoy my good weather!

They're already here. I'm one of them.

you're a gay feminist right? yup, you are the reddit ideal haha

also, has there been any confirmation that she is an actual med student?
she could have lied about it

she seems to be loving the attention she is getting

Seriously..."throwaway2evry1"?

C'mon man.

How is this thread not locked yet but the one about racist med school admissions locked (when that was based on actual data)?

why did they lock that one? they should have just moved it to the Pre-med forum, that would have been more of a slap in the face for everyone.

Too true. My propensity for avoiding the use of anti-gay slurs sets me apart, I suppose. As does my below 30 BMI and lack of a neckbeard.

Thank you very much! I know not everyone will agree with my decisions and I'm ready to deal with the consequences. I've dealt with far worse and becoming a doctor considering my social/economic/racial backgrounds may have been a pipe dream anyway. I am just going to get out there any enjoy my good weather!

Bingo.

I couldn't stand the OP and some other posters because they seemed to imply that you and other women choosing to express their sexuality are somehow too stupid and incapable of decision making. WTF...It's your life, not theirs, I admire you for your willingness to express yourself, and they shouldn't judge.

Anyways, good luck to you and your future medical career

Anything even remotely related to skin color seems to scare some people. Better to suppress it, I guess?

From the thread:

As this thread has gone off into the land of personal attacks and is no longer productive, it is being closed.

Perhaps because actual discussion is still occurring here.

Ask Nina to post a pic with First Aid and a steth on. If that's what you're into...:laugh:

why did they lock that one? they should have just moved it to the Pre-med forum, that would have been more of a slap in the face for everyone.

it was locked because people started attacking each other instead of talking about the topic

If you'd like to post about skin color, indulge yourself weekly in the pre-allo forum.

I don't really care. I was just trolling that thread anyways. And I agree, it was in the wrong forum. Just saying, no reason for it to be locked, considering this wasn't.

Also, I wasn't really paying attention or reading all the posts. I just thought some of the posts were funny.

Ask Nina to post a naked pic with First Aid and a steth. If that's what you're into...:laugh:

that would do it for me LOL

somebody should photoshop her pics with FA and a steth

If you'd like to post about skin color, indulge yourself weekly in the pre-allo forum.

what pre-meds don't get is that affirmative action in medical school admissions is about having a certain ethnic group go back and serve their community. Pre meds are neurotic, im glad im not a pre med anymore

I don't really care. I was just trolling that thread anyways. And I agree, it was in the wrong forum. Just saying, no reason for it to be locked, considering this wasn't.

Also, I wasn't really paying attention or reading all the posts. I just thought some of the posts were funny.

hopefully we can get some racial residency data in the future and continue the discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.