medical school and mcat score

Started by Bac Si
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

does medical school (m.d.) take your newest score or highest one?

I assume they take the highest score, but that doesn't mean you should take it a bunch of times before you get a good score. The amount of times you take it affect your application as well.
 
All scores are considered. Getting a 40 on your first try is better than getting a 31,35,40. Your highest score should be your most recent score. Retaking to get an even worse score looks bad.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All scores are considered. Getting a 40 on your first try is better than getting a 31,35,40. Your highest score should be your most recent score. Retaking to get an even worse score looks bad.

Thanks for clarifying. I knew they looked at all scores, but that the one you scored higher on was the one that showed an upward trend. I just worded it wrong.
 
Don't some schools do a compilation type deal where they take your highest score in each category?
 
Thanks for clarifying. I knew they looked at all scores, but that the one you scored higher on was the one that showed an upward trend. I just worded it wrong.
I wasn't aware that they showed scores that were over two years old.. 😕