-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Medical School Prom
Started by startswithb
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
oh yeah, and the dances are lame w/o etoh.
qft
Out of curiosity, what is the attire for these events, usually? I am assuming a full-length dress is too formal. I'm going to be in a wedding in October and I think my bridesmaid dress is adorable, but it's full length. I was thinking of having it hemmed up to cocktail length after the wedding.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if your med school is on the campus of a big university be on the lookout for those events.
Thank you Texas Tech!!
Out of curiosity, what is the attire for these events, usually? I am assuming a full-length dress is too formal. I'm going to be in a wedding in October and I think my bridesmaid dress is adorable, but it's full length. I was thinking of having it hemmed up to cocktail length after the wedding.
I creeped on the pictures that were of this year's party, and the girls wore a mix of either full-length dresses or short cocktail dresses. Satin was a popular material. Some were strapless, some halter, some traditional straps. The only girl that looked out of place wore a wife beater and a short black miniskirt. Oh, and the girl who wore a regular bra with a strapless dress. 😱 But I think those were people's dates, not med students, lol.
Almost all the guys wore a shirt and tie, no jacket.
Overall, I'd say "semi-formal."
Almost all the guys wore a shirt and tie, no jacket.
*sigh*
I can't wait! I hope whatever school I end up choosing has a medical school prom.
my co-ed fraternity during college had a semi-formal every semester and I never missed them.........they were amazing drunken messes, and I'm betting medical school ones won't disappoint either. adding in esteemed/prestigious faculty being there too sounds even BETTER.
my co-ed fraternity during college had a semi-formal every semester and I never missed them.........they were amazing drunken messes, and I'm betting medical school ones won't disappoint either. adding in esteemed/prestigious faculty being there too sounds even BETTER.
my co-ed fraternity
Things have changed in the fraternity world since I pledged way back when...
Things have changed in the fraternity world since I pledged way back when...
![]()
hahah I love that duck picture. It wasn't a real "fraternity" part of Greek life. it was more like how there are academic and service fraternities that are co-ed. fraoroity if you prefer.
hahah I love that duck picture. It wasn't a real "fraternity" part of Greek life. it was more like how there are academic and service fraternities that are co-ed. fraoroity if you prefer.
Gotcha. I've been completely baffled by the "rush" process at the school I'm taking classes at now, with the service/pre-professional "fraternities" set up to try to get pledges right beside the social fraternities and sororities. Seems like cats and dogs sleeping together.
Ours have been semi-formal. Most guys come at least with sport coats, some in suits. A full-length dress would be appropriate - around here, anyway.Out of curiosity, what is the attire for these events, usually? I am assuming a full-length dress is too formal. I'm going to be in a wedding in October and I think my bridesmaid dress is adorable, but it's full length. I was thinking of having it hemmed up to cocktail length after the wedding.
The only girl that looked out of place wore a wife beater and a short black miniskirt. Oh, and the girl who wore a regular bra with a strapless dress. 😱 But I think those were people's dates, not med students, lol.
****ing tacky.
Just saw this.I was pretty sure the title to this thread was "Medical School Porn."
I suppose one could lead to the other.
👍 Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys, I can't help it if you have Freudian Dyslexia. Can we please go back to talking about parties??
i didnt go to hs prom. if we have ms prom i must strike while the iron is hot.
Did anyone else click on this thread because they thought the title said Medical School Pron?
And were they as disappointed as I was by the reality?
I did read the title correctly, but now all I can think about is med school porn. I searched long and hard for it, but could not find any. I did find this article that really makes me wish I went to Northwestern: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6503187.stm
I did read the title correctly, but now all I can think about is med school porn. I searched long and hard for it, but could not find any. I did find this article that really makes me wish I went to Northwestern: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6503187.stm
nice find. it's pretty hilarious proof that you did, indeed search for med school porn

i didnt go to hs prom. if we have ms prom i must strike while the iron is hot.
I agree. Gotta make up for lost opportunities.
^its just that.......im a bit lonely these days...
I wonder if this prom will also turn out to be a drunken gropefest like the last one I was at...?
Hmm...
Hmm...
Probably.
Hopefully.
We have a couple formals a year, including one last week where we just out the acquarium. Food + Dancing + Open Bar + Acquarium = a whole lot of awesome.
Hell yes, aquariums!
dudeeee Med Prom was AWE-SOME!
the drinks were ridiculously strong and FREEEEEEE (it is NOLA after all) which lead to some of the most hilarious dancing I've ever seen.
the venue was really cool and our prom was masquerade themed.....Surgical Masquerade to be precise. I, along with manyyyy girls in all 4 classes used the night as an excuse to wear amazing floor length dresses.
best time ever.
the drinks were ridiculously strong and FREEEEEEE (it is NOLA after all) which lead to some of the most hilarious dancing I've ever seen.
the venue was really cool and our prom was masquerade themed.....Surgical Masquerade to be precise. I, along with manyyyy girls in all 4 classes used the night as an excuse to wear amazing floor length dresses.
best time ever.
What kind of losers pay extra loads of money to rent a tux/dress, get a limo, dance with the opposite sex and hope to top it all of with a nice "home run"?
prom = so over rated 🙄
stay home alone at night playing FIFA on laptop with controller hooked up to it, and your big flat screen t.v. used as a projector > prom 😎 yeah I said it. Get at me 🙄
prom = so over rated 🙄
stay home alone at night playing FIFA on laptop with controller hooked up to it, and your big flat screen t.v. used as a projector > prom 😎 yeah I said it. Get at me 🙄
Uh...well, some of us already own a suit, and I don't know anyone who paid for fancy transportation. It's an excuse for people to go out, drink, dance, and generally have fun. I enjoy a solid night of gaming as much as or more than the next guy, but I can do that whenever I want. There's not an organized, school-wide party at some fab location every night. Time to break out of that shell.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Uh...well, some of us already own a suit, and I don't know anyone who paid for fancy transportation. It's an excuse for people to go out, drink, dance, and generally have fun. I enjoy a solid night of gaming as much as or more than the next guy, but I can do that whenever I want. There's not an organized, school-wide party at some fab location every night. Time to break out of that shell.
Proms are for losers

What kind of losers pay extra loads of money to rent a tux/dress, get a limo, dance with the opposite sex and hope to top it all of with a nice "home run"?
prom = so over rated 🙄
stay home alone at night playing FIFA on laptop with controller hooked up to it, and your big flat screen t.v. used as a projector > prom 😎 yeah I said it. Get at me 🙄
I guess your way....at least one of your controllers gets played with

😎 yep, yep, yep.😀 Never been to a prom in my life. Didn't attend graduation either but my folks made meI guess your way....at least one of your controllers gets played with![]()

On a side note, sometimes the owner's the best one to operate their own controller. Some girls are so piss poor in handling controllers that it's a better bet to do it yourself 😉
What happens in the aquarium, STAYS in the aquarium.I still wanna know what happens in the aquarium.
What happens in the aquarium, STAYS in the aquarium.
Aquarium = Vegas? 🙄
*wooooosh*Aquarium = Vegas? 🙄
Farting in a forum? You're cool 😛*wooooosh*
Losers who like going out with their friends and having a good time, I suppose.Proms are for losers![]()
😎 yep, yep, yep.😀 Never been to a prom in my life. Didn't attend graduation either but my folks made me
On a side note, sometimes the owner's the best one to operate their own controller. Some girls are so piss poor in handling controllers that it's a better bet to do it yourself 😉
😱
he just dove for that insult, didn't he
^funny caption. I feel bad that that dude's pic is an internet meme though.
What are you talking about? That guy gets all the girls 😎 Guy's a beast with women. 😎
^funny caption. I feel bad that that dude's pic is an internet meme though.
yeah. You think he knows?he just dove for that insult, didn't he
I got time for y'all tonight. It's my off day so bring it 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are you talking about? That guy gets all the girls 😎 Guy's a beast with women. 😎
i agree... his f*ck it, i get who i want when i want face expression says it all
Losers who like going out with their friends and having a good time, I suppose.
Why so defensive? You mad? 😳

😉i agree... his f*ck it, i get who i want when i want face expression says it all
confidence = getting laid

how often do you see a couple and people react saying, "a guy like that with a girl liker her" or "a girl like that with a guy like him?" Looks, money, what not can help but ultimately it comes down to confidence. 'nuff said 😎
Last edited:
You are all too quick for me.
I look forward to med school partying. 100-200 more intelligent, attractive people to make new friends with? Sweet. 8)
I look forward to med school partying. 100-200 more intelligent, attractive people to make new friends with? Sweet. 8)
You are all too quick for me.
I look forward to med school partying. 100-200 more intelligent, attractive people to make new friends with? Sweet. 8)
Why would anyone want to make friends in med school and party? 🙄 some college kids just don't grow up 🙄😛
😀😉What a boring night this is turning out to be. This place tonight is makes my books seem like a club. Maybe I should go part(stud)y😎
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 408