Medical School Transcripts 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sabtain1

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I am applying this cycle to MD and DO schools. I am unsure of when to submit apps and request transcripts because my school is releasing transcripts June 28th and I want to include my spring semester grades as I earned a 4.0. My GPA boost will be a 3.73 to a 3.78 or 3.79. Should I wait for my spring grades before sending transcripts or no? My MCAT is scheduled for June 18, if that provides any context. I will submit my app by June 10 at the latest due to my premed committee requirements. Thanks in advance for your help everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

sabtain1 said:
Hello Everyone, I am applying this cycle to MD and DO schools. I am unsure of when to submit apps and request transcripts because my school is releasing transcripts June 28th and I want to include my spring semester grades as I earned a 4.0. My GPA boost will be a 3.73 to a 3.78 or 3.79. Should I wait for my spring grades before sending transcripts or no? My MCAT is scheduled for June 18, if that provides any context. I will submit my app by June 10 at the latest due to my premed committee requirements. Thanks in advance for your help everyone.
June 10 is quite honestly pretty late. What are you scoring on your FL MCAT practice tests?

Members don't see this ad :)
gonnif said:
Why do you think June 10th is quite late? Work backwards here. An application should be complete by mid September to early. That means primary, secondary, MCAT and letters. Lets say that takes a month to get and turn around a secondary. That in turn would mean you would want a primary in to medical by early to mid August. Assuming 4 weeks for verification that would mean mid-july submission/transcripts to AMCAS would still make it.

Yes being early helps but you dont get in because your application is first, you get in because your application is good. First transmission does not mean your applcation will be evaluated first. Applications will get screened and prioritized for evaluation, interviews and reviews. It will take anywhere from 4 to 16 weeks (1-4 months) for that to happen
I agree with you on this last part. Applying early won't make up for a sh$$$y application. But it sure does help boost an average to good app over the edge, and may be the deciding factor. Just a word to the wise.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about
I think the poster is referring to his MCAT date, as by the time he gets the grades back, it'll be late June/early July before his application can be reviewed, Think the original poster caused some confusion by throwing in the extra detail regarding MCAT date.

June 10 is quite honestly pretty late. What are you scoring on your FL MCAT practice tests?
Hold very still because I'm going ot reach through the electrons and smack you upside the head.

June 10 is NOT late.

Aug 10 is NOT late.

Sept 10 is getting late for MD

Even Nov 10 is not late for DO, but is a lost cause for MD at that point.

There is a pre-med mass delusion that apps have to be in by 6/1. I want to drive a stake in the heart of that.

And on top of the above, apps are not processed in order of chronological receipt.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user